Minotaurs of the Labyrinth: 01/01/15 Bldg Air Support (pg.3)

ckpmax1108

Ikaros looks great. I especially like the cape, really nice sculpting work there. But I think he would look a lot better with a different sword, it´s a bit to big and clumsy in my opinion. Good looking force anyway, looking forwards to seeing some vehicles in the future! biggrin.png

I actually agree with you with the sword. It's a bit unwieldy. It looks good on my Searg on foot, but when you're flying across the battlefield, a broadsword won't be you're go-to melee weapon.

I might lop it off for something with a thinner blade, or probably sanding the blade down to the size of a gladius. Sanding the rain guard (the angular bit with the "IV" on it), and making it part of the blade.

I'll do something tonight to it. I also did a bit more greenstuff work on him, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

In regards to vehicles, I wanted to get some Minotaurs Rhino doors before I start building it, but I'll probably work on the Storm Talon first.

Update:

Assault Veteran Sergeant Ikaros joins the fray!

Got my orders for my FLGS last night before watching The Hobbit (it was ok :/...not amazing like the first 2), picked up a softcover copy of Nagash too :D

Update from last time:

• Sculpted the right side of his cloak.
  • Sculpted the pteruges.
  • Stuck on Scibor wings to his jumpack. Alignment parallel to length of thruster. Awesome enough that the design matches the base as well, so it brings a bit of uniformity to the model.
  • Decided on what base to mount him in.
  • The sword is still under debate, and I'm leaning to just lop it off and replace it with a power axe.

Other than that, here are the progress shots:

15878459039_af6b709c25_z.jpg16038747126_5c111d27e7_z.jpg16063838442_806f242edc_z.jpg16064535435_543bb55ec7_z.jpg15444880763_e871305ffe_z.jpg16064536905_484ea733b4_z.jpg16062600121_3a97da1d29_z.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. I'm open to comments, criticisms, suggestions, or any reactions, so feel free to leave one :)

He is terrifically over the top and I love him a bit. I like his cloaky bits, but I worry they might catch fire right next to the jump pack exhausts.

You should totally lop of his sword and make it an axe though. Nothing you can do with a sword that can't be done better and more impressively with a beardy axe. laugh.png

He is terrifically over the top and I love him a bit. I like his cloaky bits, but I worry they might catch fire right next to the jump pack exhausts.

You should totally lop of his sword and make it an axe though. Nothing you can do with a sword that can't be done better and more impressively with a beardy axe. laugh.png

Thanks Flint smile.png

Don't worry, the cloak is made of flame retardant material...or lined with asbestos. (it is the grimdark future, anything is possible)

And as a follow-up, based on your comment:

16063029071_81e89554c8_z.jpg

Yup...yup....that looks much better, and he looks less awkward swing it around. Lopped off the blade from the regular assault marines bit, and stuck on a Necron Praetorian blade. The lines bring out the sun motif I'm planning to paint him in.

Axes Axes Axes !!!!! I could'nt have said it better ^^ (The Executioner/ Khorne Follower in me is roaring !)

Seriously, Ikaros kicks asses, great mini, but great targe also, difficult to miss those huuuge wings !

Hopefully the crappy pictures don't put you guys off, I promise to use Nikon on my next post of updates. Been putting it off since I didn't have much time with all my outings and such.

Anyways, Ikaros is done!...up to a point. Will be adding blood effects on him, and some minor touch-ups here and there. But for all intents and purposes, he's done. He was a joy to paint up.

16074974061_1e3093d894_z.jpg15891137787_15fe6ff464_z.jpg15890813509_69bbed5b9d_z.jpg15890814219_5b2c810da7_z.jpg

Also, while waiting for paint to dry, built a Stormtalon. Planning to magnetize the weapon options (like all the cool kids do). Snap fitted the major pieces, and will disassemble for painting. 

15889620750_e5ab817e53_z.jpg

As always, C&C is welcome. Thanks for taking a look, and wait for the next update.

Axe for the win and a great mini, really like those wings.

I have to agree! after plopping on the Axe, he looks more badass!

Axes Axes Axes !!!!! I could'nt have said it better ^^ (The Executioner/ Khorne Follower in me is roaring !)

Seriously, Ikaros kicks asses, great mini, but great targe also, difficult to miss those huuuge wings !

Thanks very much. Scibor makes choice Spartan themed stuff, the bases, the wings, the shield! They all look great together.

Great work...

Thanks as always recon :)

Your Minotaurs are a sight to behold. The balance of colours between your green bases, the bronze armour and red details is really well done. Keep up the good work.

Thank you Soric, I tried not to overload my color choices with each mini. The blues were chosen just to contrast the dull sheen bronze and red make on the mini.

Your bronzes remain disgustingly attractive.

You have my grudging, metallic lady-respect...

... loyalist. tongue.png

Thanks as always Flint! Please drool some more on my disgusting bronze!

Other things in the back burner:

• Captain: Bare bones basic one that came in the Strikeforce. Not gonna even bother changing anything on him.
  • Sternguard: first 5 of a 8-10 man team. Thinking powerfist for the vet. serg. and combi-melta for the rest (or sneak in 2 lascannons or something). Still reading through the book, and with so many things on them, I'm not too sure on how to utilize these guys :/
  • Honor Guard: Have them look like Moloc as much as I can, spartan-esque helms, muscular armor (stealing some BA tacticals bits hehehe), halberds/spears (Scibor has a neat set with integrated bolters).
  • Stormtalon: Fully built, still need to add miscellaneous bits, before priming.
  • Rhino: Will buy the Minos specific doors first before building.
  • My necrons!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Too much drinking, too many giftgivings, too much food. Have a belated Happy Holidays from me and a Happy New Year!

May you guys lead a healthy and prosperous life....and not gain a few more pounds like I did.

Progress has been slow with all the family gatherings, but was still able to sneak-in a few moments of paint on plastic.

15912781109_36c7d2aa74_z.jpg15479194353_cb9b884281_z.jpg16096952691_c6129046ec_z.jpg16096952081_c4fde8ddff_z.jpg

Built the Stormtalon in separate parts, as is the cockpit that only has the bottom plate and back panel fully built. Primed and painted the insides, with the pilot painted separately.

Pretty straightforward. Realized I painted the Mechanicum symbol wrong on his chest and knee(I did correct this afterwards)

15911584630_a22c83bee9_z.jpg15476552324_cc44f634cc_z.jpg

Did some cracks and scrapes on the windshield to make it seem more like "its been places and seen things" than just being rolled out of the forgeworld

15911585580_a9fab417ed_z.jpg15479196723_f69cbb6294_z.jpg16098148302_4df6d23f3d_z.jpg

Painted some light green "holo effects" on the inside of the windshield. Pretty meh about it, but it does make it differrent.

16098141842_ee9b19ba69_z.jpg15476546174_0bcde7faa3_z.jpg15913112907_efb7ef0df4_z.jpg15479187933_7ae9d756bf_z.jpg

Decided to stain the windshield with Sepia wash to show grime and accumulation of dust, but it got rid of the defining white lines for the cracks and punctures. Will re-scour with a blade to bring it back. Also need to plan out how to magnetize the cockpit. If anyone knows how, please direct me to a tutorial smile.png

Will be doing some on & off painting 'til I get back to work on Monday, but the cold makes me want to hibernate (-_-')

Archived