Alternate Colour Scheme

Frater Cornelius

A Lost Company had no more blue left and most armours were broken and had to be reforged, so their armour is now mostly metallic (Steel, Silver, Gold) and they use natural pigments that they can find on their ways.

Contact with Fenris has been reestablished, limited recruitment possibilities are back. However the Company chose to remain wandering, only seeing Fenris when they come to get new recruits. They would keep their new scheme (but still using SW icons) because that is now who they are.

Justified?

I do not really want to use any blue colours for my current force. It does not fit the theme. Metallic colours (metal, silver, gold), Nuln Oil, dark red. A lot of fire-coloured high-lights and fire itself and brown from bones and furs.

I personally love the fact that they don't mention color scheme in the codex written materials (except the black wolf priest armor). The pictures do, but I ignore those.

I do dark grey pre-Heresy look, but my shoulder pads are non standard purple and dark blue.

Your army, do what you want with them. I paint my wolves a deep blue (shameless plug for my search for any Necron Abyss Foundation paint looking for a good home) and for a while I tried to come up with a reason as to why they where a color not of the norm. But then I said :cuss it because I just started to see armor colors other than mine as wrong. If you want to make them dark and metallic, then do it.

End of Line

My army is boltgun metal (leadbelcher now?) with red, copper (paint said brass) and silver. I'm not much of a painter and have little time so I found a scheme that is quick and easy for me, as easy as all the pelts, teeth, runes and tails allows anyway.

I paint the model bolt metal and wash with nuln oil. Paint the details and rewash the Armour with nuln oil while the pelts and tails get agrax earthshade (name close?).

I like the blue but wasn't happy with my attempts with it. The gritty metal and red look is much easier and pleases me as well

Archived