Ideas for a Nurgle Brass Scorpion of Khorne

I was wondering if anyone out there has done a conversion for a Nurlge count-as for a Brass Scorpion? I honestly have no idea where I'd even start with a conversion like this, but if anyone has any I'd like to here it because I'd really want to have a Brass Scorpion but more Nurgle themed.

Wow, yeah, definitely something like that! I know Nurgle is insectoid/slimeball creatures, and it's not that I don't like the Brass Scorpion model, but maybe keeping it a scorpion but making it more organic. Is there a large enough scorpion model out there that could be converted with mechanical bits?

Given the "Classic" insectoid, rusted metal and putrid flesh that goes so well with Nurgle, I would start looking at parts from Goblin Giant Spider, Skaven Pitbeast, the DE Talos and the Plague Flies, throw in a few Defiler parts and go on from there...

There was this awhile back, shortly after the Lord of Skulls(LoS) was released...

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y447/40kChris/plague-robot-2_zpsd64a12cf.jpg

I know it's not a Brass Scorpion, however it could be used as a jumping off point for it.  Maybe 2 Defilers, from eBay, and the LoS top?  The Orc Arachnarok is a great choice but maybe not big enough?

Out plowing over the thanksgiving time I had some time to think about what parts to use. While I haven't done any model comparison here is the general idea I had to make this crab walker come to life.

Using Defiler legs (perhaps two sets) you create beefier legs (ie double up, with expanding the coverage of the armor plating) so that you have three legs on each side.

The body could either be Glotkin or perhaps that giant spider used as the lower half while the upper half would be a mauler/forgefiend. Center the cannon between the two bodies.

The three claws (instead of the two claws plus a tail) could be done Boneripper style from the Skaven line (two arms in the usual spot while a third is slightly up and behind one of the arms) to mount the next lines of weaponry.

For the 'head' I would try to create something using some armor plating to give it the overhang of a brow line with recessed eyes.

Archived