Fighting Tigers of Veda Space Marines

http://www.fightingtigersofveda.com/dev_tiger.jpg

I remember when I was younger and just beginning to do some research on the Space Marines on the interwebs, I stumbled across these guys and thought they were the coolest!

Link: http://www.fightingtigersofveda.com/index.htm

I really like the paint scheme and all of dat OOP models...!!!

Just thought I'd share :happy.:

Edited by Brother Tyler
Hot-linked image turned into a link.

Yeah those guys are quite the famous (or infamous) homebrew.

As dorky as they are, I'm quite fond of them as they're nostalgic and they are the embodiment of the making the hobby your own, and remind me of the good old days.

There's quite a lot of potentially argument-inducing content in there, though. Female marines, if I recall? The chapter has a really neat underlying Indian vibe too.

Yeah those guys are quite the famous (or infamous) homebrew.

As dorky as they are, I'm quite fond of them as they're nostalgic and they are the embodiment of the making the hobby your own, and remind me of the good old days.

There's quite a lot of potentially argument-inducing content in there, though. Female marines, if I recall? The chapter has a really neat underlying Indian vibe too.

Yeah it's definitely not canon, but the paint scheme was what caught my eye because it was so different and interesting, and it got a bit goofy at times. lol Didn't know it was well known though or that the creator was a B&C member, small world!

• 1 month later...

It's nice to be remembered!  Thank you!  :smile.:   I've been working on other things for awhile, and have only recently gotten back to my Marines (I just played them today, as a matter of fact).

As for female Marines, they were just something I did as a lark back in 1998 as I was reconfiguring my army for 3rd Edition (IIRC).  I had these "white tiger" figures I had painted and I wanted some fluff reason for why they were a different color scheme.  Without putting much thought into it, I said to myself, "Well, maybe they're that color because they're female."  It allowed me to do some simple conversions and write up something I hadn't seen before.

At the time I didn't think much of it, and as this was before I was on the Internet, I had no idea that "female Space Marines" was such a hotly-debated topic.  Without really meaning to, I became its poster child.  If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't, because though the conversions and characters were fun to make and the debate was sometimes interesting, ultimately, it turned off many people and it was distracting.  They'd hear "female Space Marines" and go :furious: :furious: :furious: , ignoring everything else about my chapter and my site (except maybe the crappy painting  :wink: :tongue.:  ).

I wasn't trying to denigrate the fluff of the 40K universe, I wasn't trying to honk people off, and I certainly wasn't trying to be a Social Justice Warrior.  I never said that FSMs existed in any army but mine, and I've never insisted that they were canon (which they obviously aren't).  All I wanted to do with them--just like everything I've done since 2000 with the Jungle (yes, it's been around that long)--is to try something different.  If you think it's great, fine.  If you think it sucks, or it's stupid, or b.s., that's fine, too.  

But now that I'm back on the B&C, I must take a look around and see what's new.  Thanks again for the kind words, and thanks again, Kurgan, for pointing out this thread to me.  :smile.: