Death Guard - 7th Great Company

Nrakmm

Work has begun on converting a 2nd Ed. Rhino into a predator, but I am unsure as to what to arm it with. The same thing goes for Squad Kozan, what should Veteran Sergeant Kozan have as his melee weapon?

Here are the vehicles that I currently have for my Death Guard.

Command/Veteran Rhino (yes that is a Heavy Bolter)

med_gallery_18469_10226_307727.jpg

med_gallery_18469_10226_1107256.jpg

Regular Rhino (with a Hunter-Killer Missile)

med_gallery_18469_10226_491984.jpg

med_gallery_18469_10226_42446.jpg

Vindicator

med_gallery_18469_10226_170687.jpg

med_gallery_18469_10226_313101.jpg

Predator WIP (this will eventually have Heavy Bolter sponsons, and the main gun will be magnetised)

med_gallery_18469_10226_327360.jpg

med_gallery_18469_10226_321400.jpg

Great stuff, dozer blade wear is looking sweet.

For the Rhino to Pred, check any of kitwulfen's old posts, he wrote quite a lot of info in the past regarding his viewpoints on them.  Best in a full squadron I believe.

I personally opted to go down the Scorpius route (love the model), and might even opt for a Vindicator too, but then I already have too many heavy options.

How's Yxandath tactical squad coming along? ;)

My Death Guard transfer sheet arrived today & Holy Emperor of Mankind it is an amazing looking set of transfers. I recognise what most of the symbols on there are, but there is a section in the upper right (one lot above the white numerals, another above the black numerals) that I have no clue as to what they are. If anyone knows what they are, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Assault squad Kozan has been built now (built/unpainted pics will follow, after my weekend away).

I decided to arm Kozan with a power sword & combat shield in the end (that way I can still have him in games of 40K as well).

I have also been building a new Centurion kitted out with a jump pack, he is just waiting on his volkite charger to arrive.

• 2 months later...

Those are some beautiful paint jobs you have going on there. Their colors don't get lost in absurd amounts of weathering effects like some people I've seen. Any chance you could let me know how you paint your DG? I'm waffling between DG and IF at the moment and have been doing some test paintings on some unpainted 40k tacticals I had laying around. I have no idea how to get a decent DG off white though. I've wondered if flayed one flesh would work, or mixing white scar with some screaming skull, but I don't have either of those paints and money is a little too tight right now to waste on paints I won't use.

BloodFox you wanted to know how I paint my Death Guard, well here you go &  I hope that helps you with painting your own Death Guard

For the off-white armour:

1) Undercoat with Army Painter's Skeleton Bone spray

2) Drybrush with Palid Wych Flesh

3) Wash with my Death Guard wash mix (I mixed this in an old paint pot [12ml]; using 4ml Agrax Earthshade, 4ml Seraphim Sepia, 3ml Lahmian Medium & 1ml Windsor & Newton Flow Improver)

For the green pads:

1) Paint them with Elysian Green

2) Wash them with Biel-Tan Green & then Agrax Earthshade

3) Glaze them with Waywatcher Green

For the bronze trim:

1) Paint them with Hashut Copper

2) Wash them with Agrax Earthshade

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon

Raktra the Unyielding

med_gallery_18469_10226_1370850.jpg

Raktra the Unyielding - 200pts

> Twin-linked Autocannon

> Extra Armour

> Heavy Flamer

Unnamed Contemptor (usually referred to as Fire Support Dread)

med_gallery_18469_10226_379692.jpg

Fire Support - 215pts

> Twin-linked Autocannon

> Twin-linked Autocannon

> Extra Armour

> Havoc Launcher

Hiram the Tireless (loadout 1 - though he now has 2 Hunter-Killer missiles as well)

med_gallery_18469_10226_759784.jpg

Hiram (loadout 1) - 220pts

> Siege Wrecker

> Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon

> 2 Heavy Flamers

> Armoured Ceramite

> Extra Armour

> Frag Assault Launchers

> 2 Hunter-Killer Missiles

Hiram the Tireless (loadout 2)

med_gallery_18469_10226_667337.jpg

Hiram (loadout 2) - 235pts

> Chainfist

> Flamestorm Cannon

> Heavy Flamer

> Armoured Ceramite

> Extra Armour

> Frag Assault Launchers

> 2 Hunter-Killer Missiles

Sweet, thanks for the paint scheme! Couple of quick questions though, what are Lahmian Medium and Windsor & Newton Flow Improver? I've never heard of the W&N, and Lahimian Medium I can't find anywhere on the Games Workshop site. If it isn't a Citadel paint where would I get it?

P.S. Your tactical despoiler and heavy support squads look amazing. Thought you should know.

BloodFox - Lahmian Medium is one of GW's technical paints & the flow improver is a liquid that you add to your paints that help them flow fron the brush to the surface easier.

Raktra - glad you like your namesake.

Archived