This is bad. Bad for my carefully laid plans to 1) clear my backlog of half-painted models, and 2) not buy any more models until I've painted the ones I have...

It'll be a while till we see any models though I guess. Do we even know when the book will be released?

Edited by LutherMax

The fact it's confirmed really makes me comitting to 1KSons a hard choice (unless the legion rules/ units are just that damn good - maybe I will just keep my BA to 40k only... Until they release Sanguinius and I cave of course!)

Or maybe I go Custodes, but those tanks are expensive.

The fact it's confirmed really makes me comitting to 1KSons a hard choice (unless the legion rules/ units are just that damn good - maybe I will just keep my BA to 40k only... Until they release Sanguinius and I cave of course!)

But the infantry are cheaper.

TBH. Do you want another red power armoured army? That's what's stopping me from doing KSons in HH. I know yours are black, but the point still stands. 

But the infantry are cheaper.

TBH. Do you want another red power armoured army? That's what's stopping me from doing KSons in HH. I know yours are black, but the point still stands. 

Going to paint them entirely differently if I'm honest, shiny metallics and gold, silver, white accents. Maybe some purple too.

Really, at this point I love the style (always have since the visions books) it just depends on their rules and just how many psykers we are talking ;)

I also have the barebones of a DG force but the massed infantry, while I love it, kinda kills it for me in a way...

And yeah, Infantry for custodes aren't bad pricing for now! Will probably be £40 for 5 come individual release though. My first 5 will be free however as a mate owes me :) plus they make better eventually allies to BA... We shall see.

If anything the 1KSons were going to be a dual army with 40k for maximum wizard spam, again though 8th edition makes me nervous of this ><

If anything the 1KSons were going to be a dual army with 40k for maximum wizard spam, again though 8th edition makes me nervous of this ><

I was a little tempted to make a Thousand Sons army for the exact same reason!  But the more I think about it, the more I feel like if I want this I should just make some GK allies and paint them as if they are the same as my successor.  

I was a little tempted to make a Thousand Sons army for the exact same reason!  But the more I think about it, the more I feel like if I want this I should just make some GK allies and paint them as if they are the same as my successor.  

Eh - GK haven't interested me since they first came out (Codex: Daemonhunters!) and I was a very influential kid :P

Whereas an army of Wizards and their Daemonic underlings and Terminator bodyguard? Plus freakin' Magnus... Legit.

But I digress before I derail the thread anymore...

Just under two weeks and we'll have at least a little idea of the fun things to come. Judging by the Prospero preview that happened last year, they had some nice sketches, outline of forces and a WIP RUSS.

Eh - GK haven't interested me since they first came out (Codex: Daemonhunters!) and I was a very influential kid :tongue.:

Whereas an army of Wizards and their Daemonic underlings and Terminator bodyguard? Plus freakin' Magnus... Legit.

But I digress before I derail the thread anymore...

Just under two weeks and we'll have at least a little idea of the fun things to come. Judging by the Prospero preview that happened last year, they had some nice sketches, outline of forces and a WIP RUSS.

Yeah the GK aren't super interesting to me, but I'm salty that we are told so much how great BA psykers are and then we are one of the weakest psychic armies (besides those who have none).  GK could at least be allies and pretend they are BA...

How much will we find out about Angelus from the Weekender?

I haven't been to an HH Weekender specifically, but I went to the FW seminar at Warhammer Fest and they showed quite a lot – no rules obviously but artwork from the forthcoming books and plenty of photos of models, both completed and work in progress.

Here's what I saw at WHF 2016 (seminar pics towards the bottom): http://www.themightybrush.com/warhammer-fest-2016/

• 2 weeks later...