I just tried catching up in the Forgeworld convention thread and someone mentioned that book 8 (angelus) is pushed back to christmas of 2018!

Sad times as I was hoping on kick starting a 30k force when the book was supposed to come out this year.

Edited by Spagunk

I don't mind waiting. Got plenty to do :D

Begs the question when will these upgrade bits be coming though - surely not next Christmas if they're showing them now?!

Love the Deimos and LR ones - doesn't seem right on the Repulsor but always looks better painted.

For the love of this entire hobby please make decent rules and fluff for the BA.

My feeling is that a lot of problems come from the team wanting to take things down a notch from Ward's touch, but we're not sure how. And they knew Alan Bligh had something good in the works so they were waiting to see what he would do. I hope they are able to salvage things. RIP Alan.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Guess this settles the hair debate...

Welcome folks to day 1 of the Weekender, local time as I’m writing this is coming up 9am, with the opening seminar starting at around 10am. I might skip the first seminar (a welcome to Necromunda) as I have books for people to sign and cabinets to peruse.

I’ll also be checking the Warhammer Community page through the weekend, but especially this morning. I expect quite quickly we’ll see photos of the pre-orders, I’m just debating whether they’ll drop some of the preview stuff in the cabinets, which if they do at 10am will annoy me. I hope they have the sense to keep that powder dry until after the New Model seminar.

Not wanting to dwell on this too much, but for those absolutely demanding to see the internal artwork for Sanguinius, and who think that not showing everything immediately is an act of snobbery ... here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/dLZotI4.jpg

It’s not fantastic, which is why I would rather show off the Russ and Horus pieces, which are simply stunning in comparison. A group shot of Primarchs isn’t exactly common, but they’re in the distance and don’t have the level of detail and impact that the other two have.

The fourth and last pic is Cawl, as an acolyte huddled over a desk in the dark:

http://i.imgur.com/UcfqtPl.jpg

A better quality picture - but unless you know it’s Cawl it could literally be any Mechanicum Acoylte...

I hope that removes the stain of ‘snobbery’ from my posts.

The Destroyer Host and Host of Sacrifice are aspects of the BA Legion. Destroyers are seen as a terrible duty and function that the Legion need to perform, so rather than dedicated units it’s a rotating assignment that all BA legionnaires undertake for a small time. Upon taking the role of a destroyer the BA adopt a death mask...

This is pretty awesome.

The Destroyer Host and Host of Sacrifice are aspects of the BA Legion. Destroyers are seen as a terrible duty and function that the Legion need to perform, so rather than dedicated units it’s a rotating assignment that all BA legionnaires undertake for a small time. Upon taking the role of a destroyer the BA adopt a death mask...

This is pretty awesome.

Well that's just convenient. I've been thinking about doing this for so long and I happen to have some spare Death masks since I bought a bunch to put on HQs. Looks like I'll be building some dedicated destroyers now.

Very early in terms of rule writing. Sang will be a top melee character, but incorporates symbol of the Imperium. Will probably be two other characters; raldaron is seen as an obvious win, but not sure on the other. 

Potential models for praetors, and maybe vehicle hulls. Apparently the BA and WS are very didferent from the others in showing their iconography. All dependant on Model designers

Might touch upon Amit and the future Flesh Tearers. Up for debate.

By the same s_r_parker

I’d guess Jan/Feb 2019. FW is always further back then planned, and catching up after Alan (RIP) can only push things back further.

Also, based on how Inferno has been our for a year and their kits are just now still rolling out, I wouldn’t hold breath for when IX-specific models come out.

What we know about Sanguinius’ rules so far:

-the above mention of him being a top melee character and symbol of the Imperium

-someone from years past (can’t find the quote but it’s on these very forums) quoting one of the FW writers as saying Sanguinius will be a FMC...who can charge out of Swooping mode :o

...sounding promising so far!