Here's hoping they offer the scenic base sometime later (Ala Fulgrim/Ferrus or Russ/Magnus).

I couldn't afford to get both this time around so missing out on the scenic base would make me sad.

Its not a permanent thing.

You will still be able to get it afterwards at events and at warhammer world, and by extension, ebay.

The bundle. Not the base itself.

I did like the blog note from Forgeworld - "The Angel of Baal has proven to be something quite remarkable. For those who are curious, he was twice as popular as any of his brothers in their release weekend".

Wasn't necessarily rushing to get it, but the non-diorama base doesn't seem to have half as much punch... may need to make a call before the cutoff date. 

I did like the blog note from Forgeworld - "The Angel of Baal has proven to be something quite remarkable. For those who are curious, he was twice as popular as any of his brothers in their release weekend".

Wasn't necessarily rushing to get it, but the non-diorama base doesn't seem to have half as much punch... may need to make a call before the cutoff date.

I agree that Sanguinius looks like he is on a wrong place without the scenic base. That's why I ordered the complete set even though I really didn't have that much to spend on it. Luckily there are Credit cards.. ;)

I don't play 30k, so I'm going to use it more as a decoration. Once I've spend countless of hours painting it of course.

I agree that Sanguinius looks like he is on a wrong place without the scenic base. That's why I ordered the complete set even though I really didn't have that much to spend on it. Luckily there are Credit cards.. ;)

I don't play 30k, so I'm going to use it more as a decoration. Once I've spend countless of hours painting it of course.

The reason I'd never get myself a credit card lol. I stick to spending only the money I have without making debts. ^^

The reason I'd never get myself a credit card lol. I stick to spending only the money I have without making debts. ^^

There’s always Chaos too.

I actually really like the idea of using him as a massive gold or bronze statue on a pedestal terrain centrepiece in 40k. Of course that would also be about the single most expensive terrain piece known to man...

I actually really like the idea of using him as a massive gold or bronze statue on a pedestal terrain centrepiece in 40k. Of course that would also be about the single most expensive terrain piece known to man...

Warhammer World has an actual scale Warlord Titan broken up as a piece of terrain on one of their boards. Those things are like £1800 fully loaded, right?

Warhammer World has an actual scale Warlord Titan broken up as a piece of terrain on one of their boards. Those things are like £1800 fully loaded, right?

Well yes there is that... Don’t we all buy warlord titans to grind up for rubble on bases? On the plus side that should give you at least one full 4x6 board fully covered :-)

Got my Sanguinius today, and spent the last 5 hours cleaning and fitting the parts. I just have to say that the model is absolutely gorgeous. Way better than it looked on the pictures.

When did you order yours? I do see you are across the pond from me here in the US, but I placed my order over a week ago, got confirmation that the order did go through, but have heard nothing about it being shipped out yet. My first time getting anything Forgeworld not sure what the typical turn around time might be.

When i ordered mine with the black book, it had a notice saying it would take 35 days to ship and I ordered him pretty much day of pre-order and got the email saying he way shipped out last week or early this week.

Update: came home tonight to it. So. Yeah!

Edited by Slips

• 2 weeks later...
I love the torso on that Contemptor! The legs look a little plain compared to our other Contemptor though. But I suppose you could swap the bits around from both kits for quite a bit of variety.

I honestly thought they weren't going to put the dread out anytime soon. Was already planning t9 make my own! So I suppose good news that I don't have to go too far!

So my own to-get list is raldoran, the dread and at some point I need those crimson blades.

I really like the stylised plant motif details on the Dread and really appreciate it being added to the knee and shoulder protector plates! The Alatus Cadere itself though seems to either been painted too thickly or lacking just a little depth.

All in all it comes along much better then the preview picture suggested :)

Spagunk hope so as well. Anyhow i build my dawnbreakers out of sanguard with the fancy blood angel swords and spears from https://www.conversionworld.de/index.php?pageId=suche&language=en&aktuellerTag=Games%20Workshop*&tag1=&tag2=&tag3=&kategorie=Bitz%20by%20Compatibility

They have great schields for crimson paladin conversions as well.

can we have a look on those dawnbreakers? :)

Spagunk hope so as well. Anyhow i build my dawnbreakers out of sanguard with the fancy blood angel swords and spears from https://www.conversionworld.de/index.php?pageId=suche&language=en&aktuellerTag=Games%20Workshop*&tag1=&tag2=&tag3=&kategorie=Bitz%20by%20Compatibility

They have great schields for crimson paladin conversions as well.

Great minds think alike!

I’ve got Sang Guard legs+Torsos + Conversion world spears for my Dawnbreakers. Using FW MkIII/IV BA upgrade shoulder pads (deciding which looks better) and FW BA upgrade heads. I just need to find arms that hold spears well and I haven’t the darnedest about how to do their grenade thingies....don’t think I want to slice that many Grey Knight wrists apart,

Looks great from the front but my main concern with the preview version was the one use jump pack looked absolutely awful and this pic doesn’t show that, so judgment reserved.

In its description in book 8, it says that after it uses the jump pack, it jettisons it.

Because of that I think the regular contemptor power unit on the back and the jump pack will come separately, and you will be able to put on the jump pack over that.

If that's the case, personally I plan on avoid using the jump pack at all.