The more I look, the less I'm a fan. I'd have preferred to maybe see an upgrade kit with pads and helms instead? Torsos look chunky and poorly detailed compared to the rest of the line. Helms don't fit any aestehtic really, and the ultra wide stance is maybe ok for assault cannons, but for pistols it looks weird. 

I see this kit disappointing in general. I dont think there's a way they can give you 5 guys with 5x pistols, 5x launchers and 5x rotor cannons. I just hope there's minimum 2 of each, but this drives the cost up. 

They're not for me. I wouldn't say they're bad or boring, but they don't suit my vision of who The Angel's Tears are. I think the conversions we've seen that use the Sanguinary Guard heads and Destroyer bodies are more on the mark.

Is it just me or are they missing the additional armour plates that identify a destroyer? Or is this the sculpted armour over the normal armour? The grenade marine has dev style crenellations on the feet, maybe suggesting compensators, however they're normall on the greaves. I think the poses would look ace with all heavy weapons. With pistols they look odd.

They're not for me. I wouldn't say they're bad or boring, but they don't suit my vision of who The Angel's Tears are. I think the conversions we've seen that use the Sanguinary Guard heads and Destroyer bodies are more on the mark.

Is it just me or are they missing the additional armour plates that identify a destroyer? Or is this the sculpted armour over the normal armour? The grenade marine has dev style crenellations on the feet, maybe suggesting compensators, however they're normall on the greaves. I think the poses would look ace with all heavy weapons. With pistols they look odd.

Angel's tears are supposed to have suspensor webs for their assault cannons so maybe they are eluding to them on their feet? GW generally has been pretty all over the place in representing that specific feature.

Angel's tears are supposed to have suspensor webs for their assault cannons so maybe they are eluding to them on their feet? GW generally has been pretty all over the place in representing that specific feature.

I think Sus-Webs are listed in the 2nd ed wargear book as small anti grav pods that attach to weapons, while the crennelated greaves are, err, pro-gravity(?) things that devestators have that keep them rooted to the ground - not ideal for airborne units. 

I think Sus-Webs are listed in the 2nd ed wargear book as small anti grav pods that attach to weapons, while the crennelated greaves are, err, pro-gravity(?) things that devestators have that keep them rooted to the ground - not ideal for airborne units. 

They are SUPPOSED to be little pods but there have been a few examples of suspensor webbed items (Death watch I think is supposed to have them) that doesn't show up as such. It's just kind of all over the place.

Units that have it naturally are things like Legion vet squads and Destroyer squad (ala Missile launcher). Vets are kind of a wash 'cause there isn't a dedicated vet squad. Destroyers though have nothing other than a drum fed missile launcher so not sure where the web is supposed to be.

In general, there just isn't really any good examples even though it should be obvious when something has one and when something does not. I feel as though it should be something that you can glue onto a weapons kind of like grenades or scopes and such. But alas it's just not available on a lot of things.

Edited by Spagunk

It's fast so it fits! Will look amazing in red too!

Fast vehicle and its in the Fast Attack slot....that makes things interesting. For 65pts...not bad at all...though for me, personally, I cannot justify getting any at the moment.

I'd be tempted to go Neutron because those weapons are bonkers and having a bunch of little annoying gnats swarming around taking down the scariest vehicles in the game is always awesome. But the autocannon is so cheap and useful for just opening up Rhinos and doubling out MEQ that for 65pts (!) that may be the best build. Nothing wrong with more Volkite spam, but I feel like there's better delivery systems for that.

Why no turrets? in HH this is still an issue, isn't it?

It can be if you get immobilized, but that's part of the fun of HH: far more strategery than 8th.

• 2 weeks later...

Double Sword Option is missing? I wonder if they will be "another" kit, aka another bundle option, which would be sad.

I imagine a second kit of 5 with dual swords will happen. Which is fine, I think I actually prefer it as it doesn't inflate the cost of a single kit.

(same as I said in the N&R section) :

I like them.

Much better than the FW official Angel's Tears.

The difference to me is that these FW Official Dawnbringers are arguably better* than my own conversions...which to me, is kind of the entire point of what FW caliber models should be.

My biggest gripe is the price. $86.00 USD is bonkers for a 5 man resin unit. To run 2x full squads of 10 that's almost $350...sorry FW, but you've priced me out.

*of course I'm not gonna trash my own dudes I've poured blood (hehe), sweat, and tears into, but I would consider buying these ones in lieu of my own build.

The models itself, I really love. Small gripes are, I wish there was more variety of helms, and the sway of the loincloth doesn't seem particularly eye catching. I know there's alot of gripes about the length of it due to the practically of landing with such a long cloth but eh, those unrealistic touches never bothered me. Big gripes, man the price, why are the prices so high if they are insisting they want new players to try HH. It seems just plain counter intuitive to getting more customers when they are pricing them out. 

Overall 8.4/10 for me. Would be a 9/10 if the paint job was better.

It's crazy, because i'd love to get into HH. But man, how does it make sense to assume your customers can afford to play both 40k and 30k and not be broke as :cuss. Just rubs me the wrong way, when as a customer I'm already wanting to try the 30k system, and have money to spare. But $86, with no optional bits?. No. Just out of principle, I can't justify it. 

It's crazy, because i'd love to get into HH. But man, how does it make sense to assume your customers can afford to play both 40k and 30k and not be broke as :cuss. Just rubs me the wrong way, when as a customer I'm already wanting to try the 30k system, and have money to spare. But $86, with no optional bits?. No. Just out of principle, I can't justify it.

I mean there is more than one way to play HH and you aren't going to get thrown out for using 40k models unless the group is full of terrible grogs.

I'm my area it's mostly 1k ZM so it's rarely over 5 units total. Then there is a version of centurion mode in the new books.

IMO your biggest entry-barrier is likely the books. Depending on how you roll, it may only end up 2 books at that (main rulebook + legion or tagmata etc.). The other books just add lots more fun stuff and special legion things.

Ymmv but it doesn't need to be too bad to enter, especially if you can get a hold of calth/prospero.

Edited by Spagunk