Just note that it's basic legion rules. No units, no characters, probably not much fluff. It's likely being done as a nod due to the books to cover those legions being at least... 4 books away (shattered legions, calth book 2, prospero, possible book including at least some of the above legions)

I wonder if they will do 2 profile for the Blood Angels Rules/Characters, one before the Signus Campain and one after.

By the way, after Signus, Sanguinius will just be describe as Godlike for the Battle of Terra. (And personnally, i'm looking forward for Azkaellon and Nassir Amit....Those two are full of promise....And of course, maybe, a beautifull Blood Angels Contemptor.....like this one ? ==> http://cmartek.deviantart.com/art/Fury-Of-The-Ancient-326158570 )

Edited by Frater Antodeniel

Aren't we only getting legion rules in the next book along with the other missing legions, no characters or special units?

With that in mind I wouldn't expect more than the upgrade kit until our real book is done.

Correct, legion rules (which presumably will include a right of war and perhaps unique legion weapons based on the legion rule pages for the others).

Model wise, I'd guess at the upgrade kit for MK4, along with shoulder pads for mk 2 & 3

• 1 month later...

Summary from the Amsterdam FW Open Day:

So, to summarize:

Book VI:

- Retalitation

- Shattered Legions (with army list/ way to build a Shattered Legions force) vs Iron Warriors said to be the main theme

- "Shadow Wars" - not really part of the main story line

- Traitors "Shattered Legions" represent hunting teams send out by Horus to eliminate the Istvaan survivers

- Rules for Blood Angels, Dark Angels, White Scars. Only RoW, specific wargear, Legion rules - no special characters, no unique units or Primarchs

- New RoW's for ALL Legions - Emperor's Children get Kakaphonii as troops, Word Bearers Gal Vorbak as troops

- Dark Mechanicus is in, probably rules only at this stage, Daemons as fuel and other crazy stuff, wargear options, special rules

- Black Shields are probably in

- new Titan Legion never seen before

- should be available end of this year afaik

Book VII:

- should be Prospero, probably called Inferno

- Space Wolves, Thousand Sons, Sisters of Silence/Sororitas Silentum, Custodes are in

- maybe Agents of the Warmaster/ Agents of the Imperator

- they want to bring all the basic troops out before the book hits (Upgrade kits, Dreadnoughts, transfer sheets)

- more information/presentation next year at the HH weekender 2016

- Russ will get Freki and Geri :tongue.:

- Space Wolves are said to be more the Executioners, not Wulfi-Mc-Wulfiwuff

Book VII:

- either Signus/Thramas or Mars schism

- Daemons were planned for the second part of Calth/Ultramar, i guess we will see them now in the Signus book first

New picture of the IX Legion upgrade kit (possibly out next week!!!)

Blood Angels:

med_gallery_79873_10492_15888.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_31698.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so not go get too speculative, but what if Sanguinius was a little different from other Primarchs... Corax and Curze already have thethe Jump type covered and it suits them, one is a bird and the other a leaping bat. Though none of them are fully skyward bound.

But Sanguinius? He soared across the battlefield, lunging down and smiting his enemies with equal parts grace and ferocity. Jump infantry doesn't quite cover this, so, I think that big Angel S will be none other than a type of flying monstrous creature as to represent his fully functioning wings.

Sure we won't be joining units, unless we get some cool flying infantry (30k Sang Guard anyone?) but I think it would help keep him unique.

Sanguinius I can see him being Jetpack Infantry for Simplicity's sake but also having the Charge and movement bonuses of Jump Infantry.

If they did make him an FMC, which is totally justified, he would then have to have another Special Rule letting others join him and vice versa. But, MC Bonuses + Primarch Special Rule might be a bit too powerful, no?

I'm curious as to what Weapons he will have and if He'll be a PML3 Psyker with Access to Divination?

Sanguinius I can see him being Jetpack Infantry for Simplicity's sake but also having the Charge and movement bonuses of Jump Infantry.

If they did make him an FMC, which is totally justified, he would then have to have another Special Rule letting others join him and vice versa. But, MC Bonuses + Primarch Special Rule might be a bit too powerful, no?

I'm curious as to what Weapons he will have and if He'll be a PML3 Psyker with Access to Divination?

Now I look at the FMC rules it really wouldn't be of much benefit to him other than Jink and getting to the other side of the table for a charge in two turns time.... seeing as he will undoubtedly want to be in combat. Sure he could Vector Strike, which would be pretty fluffy but probably not worth it. Maybe they'll just let him Vector Strike stuff anyway as a special rule....

Maybe he'll have a rule similar to swooping hawks where he and a unit can just take to the skies, deep strike down without scatter, do some impact hits and not be able to charge (or dare I say disordered), Or he'll have an insane charge range if alone, or have something similar to Mortarion in that he can just make an extra long move at the penalty of disordered.

Weapons I think we'll see his traditional sword (THE Glaive Encarmine) or the Spear of Telesto, we haven't had a Primarch with a spear yet so that could be cool.

As for Psychic powers, I think we'll see ML2 at most - best to keep Lorgar and Magnus (he's totally going to be ML5) on Top. But I agree, he'll have divination or maybe just something of his own thats a little like Sanguinary mixed with divination.

I also apologize if this thread isn't allowed to get all speculative - I just had the thought and couldn't help myself...

Edited by Charlo

Now I look at the FMC rules it really wouldn't be of much benefit to him other than Jink and getting to the other side of the table for a charge in two turns time.... seeing as he will undoubtedly want to be in combat. Sure he could Vector Strike, which would be pretty fluffy but probably not worth it. Maybe they'll just let him Vector Strike stuff anyway as a special rule....

Maybe he'll have a rule similar to swooping hawks where he and a unit can just take to the skies, deep strike down without scatter, do some impact hits and not be able to charge (or dare I say disordered), Or he'll have an insane charge range if alone, or have something similar to Mortarion in that he can just make an extra long move at the penalty of disordered.

Weapons I think we'll see his traditional sword (THE Glaive Encarmine) or the Spear of Telesto, we haven't had a Primarch with a spear yet so that could be cool.

As for Psychic powers, I think we'll see ML2 at most - best to keep Lorgar and Magnus (he's totally going to be ML5) on Top. But I agree, he'll have divination or maybe just something of his own thats a little like Sanguinary mixed with divination.

I also apologize if this thread isn't allowed to get all speculative - I just had the thought and couldn't help myself...

Ummm. Alpharius has the Pale Spear....

I'm fine with Sanguinius having Jump rules with fleet.... you make him FMC he gets a turn of getting shot to pieces before he charges. And why would he need most of the rules from FMC... he is going to have an AP 2 weapon. He will have at least a 4++ so the jink is useless. Vector strike... I guess?... if you really need a S 6/7 hit on a squad pass... I would like some kind of Deep Strike Knockdown like in Fear to Tread though.

Perhaps Sanguinius should instead have a special rule for fighting AGAINST fmc. He's rocked more than one Bloodthirster in his time, and its pretty cool imagining Sanguinius snatching a flying hive tyrant out of the skies and slamming it into the ground :tongue.:

Edited by Brother_Mike

Perhaps Sanguinius should instead have a special rule for fighting AGAINST fmc. He's rocked more than one Bloodthirster in his time, and its pretty cool imagining Sanguinius snatching a flying hive tyrant out of the skies and slamming it into the ground :tongue.:

This. He should just be able to charge flying creatures like normal!

Doesn't the Chaos Heldrake have something like that? Vector Strike I think it's called?

I suspect he'll get at least some rules related to FMCs because it simply makes sense, he's described as owning the skies, which means flyers and FMCs (daemons for example) need to be unable to avoid being fought.

Afterall... "Only Angels fly"

Doesn't the Chaos Heldrake have something like that? Vector Strike I think it's called?

Sort of, the hell drake and FMC can perform a vector strike on enemy flyers. It's a S7 hit on side armour by moving past them... Or something.