Offensive Use of Grenades

Fatespinner

When an infantry unit opts to use their grenades in the shooting phase, does each model in the unit equipped with grenades throw one grenade just like they would if they were firing their weapons?  Because, in the case of frag grenades, that means potentially dozens of blast templates getting tossed out, even if it is only 8" range.  It also seems like this could be a death sentence against the rear armor of walkers since it's a shooting attack with krak grenades.

My friends and I are under the impression that the squad as a whole can choose to throw a single grenade in place of their normal shooting attacks rather than innundating the enemy in blast markers and S6 attacks.  I'd really just like to know which is true.

As per pages 180-181 of the rulebook, When a unit armed with [insert grenade] makes a shooting attack, one model can choose to throw a grenade, rather than using another shooting weapon

That's typically for each one, although in the future there may be faction specific grenades that deviate from this. General rule of thumb, just use the rules for each grenade type

Archived