The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

The new force org tool screenshot in the BA codex pre-view confirms that BA have a LoW model on their new codex.

It looks to me from the screenshot that both Gabriel Seth and Dante were made Lords of War. Gabriel Seth is a smaller 155 point LoW model. We don't know Dante's price yet. 

So basically, What we got:

Sanguinary Priests as HQ

Some kind of new Terminator Squad that can take banners

Grav weapons

What we didn't get:

Centurions

Storm Talons

Land Speeder Storm (there are absolutely no scouts whatsoever in any pictures)

I'm compiling a cheatsheet reference .DOC for points and wargear until I get the codex, so I'd like to clarify something: In the campaign book, all units have Furious Charge..  I know Fearless is given by Karlean, but Furious Charge is now army wide?  Because the Terminators have it..

Also, calculating Death Company points with that Raphen dude in there with his A3 is complicated, what do you think the points are?  I think Raphen is +5 for having an extra attack, so I figure 24 pts per model with jump packs, that makes probably 19pts per model without and +5 for jumppacks, meaning 10 pts savings for JP DC and 1 pt of savings for regular DC... Right?

By the way I can share the DOC as a PDF for the forum, but it has all the pts values I calculated.  Since it's not from the codex itself, but compiled from leaks and rumours, I supposed it could be allowed?  Could a Mod clarify?

What we didn't get:

Centurions

Storm Talons

I wouldn't be too sure just yet, let's wait for the full codex to come out. If ALL of our unit choices were on that slash page of the BA vs Orks then that isn't a lot of variety. It could just be that they didn't paint any red centurions or the office or red scouts. BA are meant to be a codex chapter after all... Unless that has been retconned!

Yes, we'll know shortly. However, I would be very much surprised if centurions made it into the BA codex. I believe those will be unique to vanilla marines.

They can keep them. While they look good on paper, they look bad on the table.

What we didn't get:

Centurions

Storm Talons

I wouldn't be too sure just yet, let's wait for the full codex to come out. If ALL of our unit choices were on that slash page of the BA vs Orks then that isn't a lot of variety. It could just be that they didn't paint any red centurions or the office or red scouts. BA are meant to be a codex chapter after all... Unless that has been retconned!

Charlo is right. What we have seen is still a tiny slice of the codex.

Yes, we'll know shortly. However, I would be very much surprised if centurions made it into the BA codex. I believe those will be unique to vanilla marines.

They can keep them. While they look good on paper, they look bad on the table.

And they are ugly models :S

ladies and gentlemen, scuads with 3 flammers (one of them a heavy one) are gorgeous :D

So many pictures with terminators in there very prominent. Is this just because of the new terminators that people are focusing on putting up pictures with them in it. Or is it that the the codex pictures are just heavy with terminators. In 5th codex there would be 1 5 man squad in the mix with assault, tactical, DC, vets, devs, stern, sang guards. But they were just a small part of the picture compared to these leaked pics.

Edit. Sorry reading back I see Dempsey already mentioned this.

So many pictures with terminators in there very prominent. Is this just because of the new terminators that people are focusing on putting up pictures with them in it. Or is it that the the codex pictures are just heavy with terminators. In 5th codex there would be 1 5 man squad in the mix with assault, tactical, DC, vets, devs, stern, sang guards. But they were just a small part of the picture compared to these leaked pics.

I must admit I'm surprised by the focus on tactical marines and termies over assault and jump infantry. Seems to go against the grain in terms of how people have been building and using Blood Angels...

We can only put up what we have access to and so far lots of the available images seem to contain the new Terminator kit. As it's a new kit it makes sense for GW to make it prominent in the codex and promo pictures, maximises exposure to potential buyers.

I must admit I'm surprised by the focus on tactical marines and termies over assault and jump infantry. Seems to go against the grain in terms of how people have been building and using Blood Angels...

Matches GW practice from the past: 'Oh, you're using those units. Well here are some new ones/existing ones with improved rules/options/battlefield utility with shiny new models to boot.'

Codex or not, there have been C:SM units unavailable to Blood Angels (and Dark Angels) for multiple editions now. The deal hasn't been been "everything Space Marines get plus gravy" since early 3rd edition. I don't think there's any reason those units wouldn't have been added to the BA section of the web store already if they were getting them. The iBooks screenshots are way bigger hints of what's to come, and of actual new products.

Tactical heavy flamers is a major omission from that list. I'd happily trade every other option available to my vanilla/DA Marines for that.

And sanguinary guard are 7 points less...

And they are probably still in the Elites section, and Dante is a LoW and can't make them troops anyways. I wonder if they will at least give us a formation with more elites choices and two mandatory units of SG.

Tactical heavy flamers is a major omission from that list. I'd happily trade every other option available to my vanilla/DA Marines for that.

How would you use them? I've tended to use assault marines for up-close-and-personal and tactical marines for range in the past. Tanks are probably better for range I'll admit, I just never really saw any advantage of tactical squads over assault if you wanted to get within template range...

Just opened up my deathstorm box, and don't know if been noted before. But Karlaen's warlord trait is both +1 to seize the initiative AND more importantly, re-roll any reserve roll. Passed or failed. That's pretty damm useful I would say!

It's one of the standard warlord traits from the 40k BRB. He just comes with it standard instead of rolling on the table. I agree, very useful. The best part is that you can plan a list around it since you're assured to have it, as opposed to rolling and hoping you get it.

Yeah, for 8th edition I'm advocating WL 's having a "primaris trait" they can count on if their roll for the user one goes like my rolling for traits does!

Say... just because I'm curious, what was the old sanguinary high priest HQ like, back in the old days?

2nd edition Corbulo 63+100+???

2 Wargears (Grail 100pts & any other)

M 4, WS 6, BS 6 S 5, T 5, W 2, I 6, A 3, LD 9, SAVE 3+

Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword, Frag & Krak.

Brake Test & Rapid Fire rules.

100pts Grail, blood angesl withing 12" get +2M, +1WS, +1S

3rd Editon

156 pts Corbulo

WS 5, BS 4, S4, T4, W2, I5, A3, LD9, SAVE 3+

Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword, Frag & Krak, Exanguinator, Reductor, Red Grail

Independent character, Honor Guard, Suinguinary Hight Priest

100pts Sanguinary Hight Priest

WS 5, BS4, S4, T4, W2, I5, A3, LD9, SAVE 3+

NO WEAPONS NEED TO BAY FROM SM CODEX.

INDEPENDENT CHARACTER, HONOR GUARD,

SANGUINARY HIGHT PRIEST = (NEW hATRED)

GRAIL = ALL WITH IN 6" +1D6 SUIPING ADVANCES

RED GRAIL = AS GRAIL WITH 12" RANGE  AND +1A

EXANGUINAITOR = IGNOR THE FIRT UNSAVED ONE EVERY TURN

REDUCTOR = AT THE END GAME DISCARD 1VP PER EVERY SPACE MARINE DEAD (INCLUDING OPONENTS) PER REDUCTOR. (SOPUST IT RECOVER THE GEEN SEED) IT WAS BAD ASS AND COST 5pts. IF THE APOTECARY WAS ALIVE AT END OF GAME.

4th Edition

100 pts Corbulo

WS5, BS5, S4, T4, W3, I5, A3, LD10 SAVE 3+/4+

Bolt Pistor, Chain Sword, Frag, Krak, Exanguinator, Red Grail

Independent Character

Red Grail = 12" units Furios Charge and 4+ In Save.

5th Edition

you must know................

But of all the best one was Corbulo 2nd Edition..........+2M was Great. if you run all your troops were moving 12" & Assoulting 12" / Jumpacks was 20" jump scater and move 5" to redirect.

Archived