The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

so, one of the stand out little tidbits is that, 5 assault marines in a drop pod with two infernos pistols and 2 melta guns[you read that correctly:P] are 5 points LESS that before, when they only had one melta gun:).

Dante is about the same price he was before, he also gains a tactical objective trait along with descent of angels... which, works on anything coming from reserves... like...drop pods:D, terms every darn thing gets to only scatter d6 and reroll failed reserve attempts.

corbulo's +1 ini stacks with everything else, only his +1 ws doesn't stack with other priests.

the sanguinor costs a storm raven now.... and flying him with corbulo in one, could be hilarious, with a 6 inch from the hull +1 WS,INI, ATT buff

furious cost the same as they did before and magna grapples are a free replacement to smoke launchers.  Frag canons now cost five points but are exactly the same :D!!!

the libby dreads can get a melta gun to replace the storm bolter and the force weapon is an ap2 strx2 force weapon.

furious are only ws 5 , but still a v13

Astorath is very sad, same stats as before and his warlord trait is adamantium will..  his axe is +1 strength ap2..two handed unwieldily. but on a 6 it auto wounds and causes instant death[of course you can still save that wound normally]

he's the only guy that makes DC reroll to wound no a charge.

otherwise he has the usual rules for a chaplain and FC of course....he costs 5 points less than captain karl at least.

Death company no longer have a limit on how many pistol weapons or melee weapons[no grav pistols though] and you can get up to 15 in a squad... 3 points a jump pack same price as the old lot base

command squad looks just the same as a standard squad, they can take jump packs for 25 and the squad costs a century. standard 3 vets a company champion and a noviciate

I have a feeling the next Shield of baal book will have something like it for terms. otherwise, they couldn't use that sweet banner

Astorath is very sad, same stats as before and his warlord trait is adamantium will..  his axe is +1 strength ap2..two handed unwieldily. but on a 6 it auto wounds and causes instant death[of course you can still save that wound normally]

otherwise he has the usual rules for a chaplain and FC of course....he costs 5 points less than captain karl at least.

Death company no longer have a limit on how many pistol weapons or melee weapons[no grav pistols though] and you can get up to 15 in a squad... 3 points a jump pack same price as the old lot base

DUDE O_O !!?!?!  Thats INSANELY cheap.

command squad looks just the same as a standard squad, they can take jump packs for 25 and the squad costs a century. standard 3 vets a company champion and a noviciate

I have a feeling the next Shield of baal book will have something like it for terms. otherwise, they couldn't use that sweet banner

Novitiate has a chalice? i.e. +1WS?

yup dual wielding inferno pistols on seargants is a thing.. wee..... 

super annoyingly, you can't buy them artificer armour.....and you can't buy arti armour for the sang priest either.

oh, you can get a 50 point tech marine as your HQ

Just a narethium for the noviciate

I've only gone and got the thing:)

updates soon

How, I thought the book would only come out on Saturday?

If you do have it, plkease confirm that there are no more TDA priests.

Are there any unit designation changes like the SM Captain on a bike making bikers troops?

Thanks. Uggh that his axe is still unwieldy, but that's quite a points drop. I can definately see myself using him with a blob of 15 DC.

Archived