BasementBatreps - Ultramarines Vs Dark Eldar | The Scouring

tylertt

Hey everyone, got in a battle with my Ultramarines once again, but this time the force has grown quite a bit! I am now up to 1750 Pts for my force, and it is still growing smile.png.

This time I take on a Dark Eldar list with Eldar allies present as well.

Hope you all enjoy, and don't forget to share and subscribe if you enjoy our content!

Ultramarines Vs Dark Eldar

1750 Pts

The Scouring

Ouch, tough one to swallow. It looked like a difficult choice between getting his vehicles to jink and targeting his troops. Initially an easy choice because most of his troops are in the vehicles and it showed because the first turns you looked good but then his troops got out and it turned. 50 Points difference is a lot of wargear. I think if just three more jink saves in turn2/3 went your way it would have been a different story.

Anyway thanks for this, just what a guy needs on a Saturday morning. What's the Ultramarine version of the painglove, you need it for not using the assault doctrinebiggrin.png

Yeah, I kicked myself hard for forgetting my doctrines! In my previous game I remembered to use them all, and they didn't even do much aha. So of course the time I forget them, they matter tongue.png.

I think to combat this Dark Eldar list, Tigurius would be absolutely key (He is being worked on, and should be dne soon). The shrouding bubble on the Farseer makes things nigh unkillable when they jink, and Serpents are hard to kill on top of that already.

If my Captain had arrived turn 2 though, I think I would have been able to seal the deal, but with him arriving so late, it really put a damper on my control of his backfield. It was that extra punch that I was missing.

Overall, I am loving the Ultramarines!

Archived