Grav guns for BA...are DA next?

Epimetheus13

The latest BA leaks show a BA Tac Squad armed with...grav guns!

http://imgur.com/a/dLu8s

Do we think that DA are also due for the upgrade in our next codex? Salvo grav guns march perfectly with salvo BoD bolters, to say nothing of how useful 'grav cav' Ravenwing would be...

Of course, the BA Tac squad also has Heavy Flamers, but I don't see that coming for DA Tacs as it is a flavourful weapon for an assault-oriented Chapter. Whereas grav guns aren't unique to BAs or Codex chapters anymore...so why wouldn't the relatively Codex Astartes-compliant, old-tech-savvy Unforgiven get them?

FAQ/Errata for DA are meant to nerf us our most useful equipments/units not for adding us something...

So it's NO... NO GRAV for DA until the new codex (maybe)... Considering that the sixth edition dexes will have the bug treatment (outdated codex without dedicatec FOC, LOW, objectives, and so on) updated through dataslates put in all the places i guess we could wait forever for gravs to DA...

So DON'T count on gravs for DA... we already pay 6 points to add a teleport homer to a bike and we already have LSV, DS, NJF, DT, BoC... With such a powerful lineup of veichles/units, who needs the most cheesy weapon of the astartes arsenal???

Seriously i would like to be ironical but i started to play X-Wing and FoW... I lost every hope to see a decent DA codex so i limit myself to convert/paint the miniatures i have...

DA will probably get grav guns next iteration, just as BA are now.  I would hope DA eventually get a new Tactical Squad too, but, yeah, we know how that has lays gone.  You never know though.  GW really didn't need to go out of their way to do a BA Tactical Squad set...and yet they did.  I am pleasantly surprised, and hope it is a trend which continues for the Dark Angels and other Loyalist Chapters, as well as for the main Traitor Legions.  I would be very happy if everyone were to get at least one defining box for their basic troops which could be combined with other sets (Space Wolves and Blood Angels players really have it good in this regard).

Grav cav would be great but it's the hope of a DA specific tactical box that realy makes me smile. I know it's a long shot but both BAs and puppies now have there own box. Here's hoping

Shabbadoo, I'm curious. What makes the Vets box so very poor? It'a quite old and missing a heavy weapon, but the DA upgrade sprue itself is cheap as chips, and it works brilliantly with other bits lying around from other kits.

I built a footslogging command squad using spare bits from the Black Knights sprue, and I have an idea to use the termie legs with leftover torsos from the Deathwing sprue to scrounge extra models...I'll just need to greenstuff their backs or something...

Want to play Space Marines, then go ahead and play Space Marines. Otherwise why do we have a codex. I want to be unique. I want to be different. Otherwise, how are DA going to be unique? All this will do is fuel to the fire that DA don't need a codex and should be like Black Templar and be thrust in the SM codex.

Grav guns? No thank you. 

Space Wolves didn't get them, Blood Angels did. It could go either way. Don't count your special weapons before they're requisitioned.

Space Wolves didn't get grav weapons because their model kits do not come with them. Simple as that. What model kit do the Dark Angels use for Tactical Marines? That's right, the one...that now comes with grav guns. The only way Dark Angels won't get a grav gun nex time around is if there is a new Dark Angels Tactical Squad box; likely with its own new and unique weapon included (Astartes Grenade Launcher loaded up with the our special grenades, or something else altogether). If there is a new weapon, it will ooze its way into other unit options too, even if only as combi-weapon/pistol variants (if applicable). If that were to be the case, I hope we don't get grav guns. cool.png

I don't care about their grav guns, I want tactical squad with proper, nice and good looking Dark Angel insignia. Like the ones from the DV box, but on normal, not snap in marines. I have even ordered those :cuss metal ones which are too small for a normal marine. Tough lesson (to order something and then learn it's incompatible with current SM models). :(

My speculation will be in the next codex we will get a unique a dark angel tactical squad box a unique deathwing dreadnought as the blood angels and space wolves have the furiso and murder fang as well has two unique tactical squad boxes and I believe the blood angels will get some kind of sanguinary terminators in keeping with the space wolves and dark angels format

This is really a weird thing to talk about from a tactical stand point.

1) Do I use greenwing tacticals? Hardly... not that they're horrid just because the army usually doesn't lend itself best to that kind of battleplan

2) Would I put Gavguns in said tactical squad? Heck no.

Now I know what you're going to say to that.... Prot, you're so short sighted, and have bad breath.

True, true. So let's assume we DO get grav guns... and I buy a mint. Does this make anything really better?

The true power in Grav guns is on a bike, and/or  a GravCannon on something with relentless IE: Centurions. I use Grav-cents all the time with my Ultra's. They are fantastic and a honey pot for anything AP2 my opponent owns.

So for me the question becomes - if I had access to Gravguns anywhere in my army, where would I put them? Bikes? (I kinda like my BlackKnights, I can't see GW messing with them like that.) Maybe the Deathwing? That would be a cool option. I still think they're best on Centurions because of how centurions work.

Archived