So i have a crazy idea

angel2burst

So you read the tilte and yes i have a crazy idea. So for the better part of a year iv tried my best to my best to make my dark angels work and iv tried every idea under the book and i keep track of my Win/Lose/Tie and well im not proud of it 6/32/2...... so yyaaaaa there trying something tell it works and then there iv been on a 7 mounth now losing streke, thankfully i broke that 2 weeks ago so ya. So how do i fix this you might ask? I had no clue so i ask the vets at my local GW and after talking with this guy for 2 hours we found my proplem and that proplem is that i love greenwing in a book that really dosent do greenwing well. So to fix that im going to be looking to use the base SM codex as a 8th founding chapter of the Dark Angels called the Guraidans of Caiblan using the Ultramaines Chapter tactics. Know dont get me wrong im not leaving Darks Angels and my army still going to be heavy DA theme. So..... Comments, questions, rants, list ideas let me know

Well, I've had a lot of problems with my Dark Angels in the past few months, to the point where it's not that fun anymore and that I'm playing my Nurgle daemons more and more...! So yeah, I understand what you're going through, but to be honest, there's still a few tricks that our Codex can do better than the regular SM. 

What kind of list are you usually running? Have you tried the Standard of Devastation, which gives you a unholy amount of bolter shots? Other than that, yeah...our basic tactical squads lack that special something, lol

This is what I usally run

Libarian

Ezekiel

3 tac squad 1 in a drop pod with Ezekiel and the other 2 in rhinos

2 Ravenwing bikers with melta

Ether the stormwing formation or a Mortis dread or 2

Devastator squad with plasma cannons

Vindicator

Ether a squad of DeathWing or black knights

And if where playing at or above 2000 points my imperail knight

Based on what you have mentioned, the Greenwing is not the problem.  Give us an EXACT army list, or more than one list even.  Tell us how many models are in each unit and what they are equipped with. Don't list points for items/units (that is against the posting rules), but do give a total points value for the army.  Also don't just tell us the name of any unit or formation, but tell us what models are in it and how they are equipped (because it is important for us to know that).  If you want some good advice, give us some good information to work from.

Using the SM codex is fine if you ask me. My Space Wolves use two books, C:SW and C:SM, mostly allied with each other. Who cares what rules you use as long as your army stays what it is supposed to be, your Dark Angels.

A true warrior is never afraid to utilize unconventional tactics. I mean, who says that DA, one of the most technically advanced Chapters out there, have no access to a Thunderfire Cannon, Stormtalon or Grav technology? Exactly ;)

First point. Use a spelchecker and organize your thoughts so they read better. I actually had to read the text twice to fully understand it.

Second point. Nothing wrong with using a SM codex, but your problems wont magically go away just because you have new toys. I would try to get feedback on your usual DA lists through the army list review section before punging into a different codex.

What. I'm hearing here is that you should have come here seven months ago!!

So many if us play multiple armies. But I really think that the first thing I'd ask us for a rundown of your playing environment. We need to know what goes in your environment for rules

Also what game types you play.

First off Chaplain Lucifer is to report to chamber 42 for spelling "spellchecker" wrong.

Secondly, not as crazy as you might think. When the 5th edition SM codex came out people migrated in droves because they felt that it better represented everything but Deathwing. I haven't seen that sane level of response this time, but I've seen the sentiment around the forum.

Archived