Thank you very much guys.

Right now I'm trying to finish some odds and ends for the Thousand Sons for a tournament... Realistically I never had a chance to have Ultra's ready by then. Also I've been painting non-stop in my spare time so burn out is a factor.

Thanks for the encouragement. I hope to have something more substantial to show you guys in not too long!

I actually get burnt out very quickly.

After finishing the last Captain I did I already feel like taking a break.

It's why my armies take so long to put together.

I know the feeling!

Yea it's funny I really hate assembly, but love painting, even though it's slow.

I hope to have more to show after the Thousand Sons tournie this weekend.

• 2 months later...

I guess I'll have to start a new thread. I'll just plop this here for now till I can make a new thread:

Tested the new Primaris in a few games.

I was getting pretty beaten up by Orks.... told my opponent I had a secret backup in one of those red Imperium Crates on the table. He bent down to get a rulebook or something, when he stood back up to look on the table, this appeared:

gallery_2760_13290_185004.jpg

Of course I never used him, but my opponent thought I was serious... lol.

gallery_2760_13290_227710.jpg

I'll try to get a better picture. It was too dark.

Thank you!

I'll try to get something better up but to be honest I've been basically spending all my free time trying to power through the Primaris models in the Dark Millenium box set. I'm kind of burning out. The box is actually huge and even though Marines aren't the most elaborate 40K models, it's a lot of repetitive work.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much guys. I really appreciate it.

Most of my pics are just from games. I wish I had a proper set up for photos but to be honest I don't know if it's worth it. My stuff is painted nearly as quick as I can. I've always had the goal of getting thousands of points playable, quickly. I find otherwise I get bogged down in details.

I did have a big setback. I was staring a new Primaris librarian and I was doing a lot of preliminary air brush work on robes, and base colour work on vehicles. When I do this I usually put on a coat of sealant because often the airbrush blends are very susceptible to damage so I will usually do multi coats of sealant. Sure enough I try GW's sealant and I haven't used it in years but I was out of my Testors stuff and picked up a bottle of the GW stuff. I ended up with h white frost on the librarian, a razorback, a landraider, and a Stormhawk. Very frustrating.

Well as yo can probably tell from the picture, I used almost all Primaris marines except Tiggy, missile devs and scouts as usual.

I was getting smoked on points. We played Maelstrom and he was over doubling in points. The GSC had me on my back foot early.

Guilliman's aura was sky but early on the Genestealers came in hard with the prime or whatever it's called. Guilliman pounded them out. The Primaris portion was again the worst performers except the Helblasters. It's ridiculous what the aura does so the GSC focused down the blaster squad and that forced me to rely too heavily on the (often ignored) Intercessors.

By mid game he was way ahead in points and I could not catch up and went for the tabling. Guilliman moved up and tanked a ton of stuff, I plopped down some Cataphractii chainfists which normally do okay for me but really stunk this game.

By the end the Intercessors had mopped piddly stuff up and Bobby G cleaned house for the tabled win. If he can be protected, he is literally a one man army.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Prot, 

Terrific ultramarines! I'm quite a new hobbyist so I can't offer many words other than they are extremely motivating to look at! 

"I did have a big setback..."   "...I was doing a lot of preliminary air brush work on robes, and base colour work on vehicles. When I do this I usually put on a coat of sealant because often the airbrush blends are very susceptible to damage so I will usually do multi coats of sealant..." 

I read about your sealant problem, but more importantly to me, I saw the problem you have where your initial layers are susceptible to damage during the highlighting and detailing process. I know that I have this constant problem with accidentally rubbing paint off of exposed edges when I am holding the model, as careful as I try to be it still ends up happening.

Your solution to seal the model very early in the process seems sound. In your opinion, would that be overkill for someone still beginning, and only using basic edge highlighting techniques and possibly attempting blends with glazes in the future? Does it hinder you at all when you apply paint over an already sealed surface?

Thanks,

PaddyG

Thanks for the compliment. Personally I would recommend sealing a fig halfway through the process to anyone. I airbrush, then do some washes and come back to airbrushing before really digging in with brush work and even the washes flow very nicely over sealed figs compared to raw paint.

• 3 weeks later...