• 2 weeks later...

A few upgrades...

First off a link to the ongoing challenges of Playing Primarily Primaris Ultra's in a batrep vs New Astra!::

LINK

And I finally stopped stalling and finished the limited Primaris Captain with Fist.. whom I've of course called... Felix:

gallery_2760_13290_29324.jpg

gallery_2760_13290_14727.jpg

gallery_2760_13290_43983.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So everything got sold. I paid some debt, and it was hard to do, but I did it, and that's that.

I had left over Primaris so this is version 3 of my Ultra's... starting from scratch again....gallery_2760_14273_261463.jpg

This pic is from my Custodes thread but you get the idea... these are the start of my first new Primaris Intercessor squad. I had an old pile sitting around I thought I'd start to work on.

Here's a pic from my last game. Nearly pure Primaris vs. those dirty, dirty Word Bearers. I proxied two landraiders as Repulsors. I had some press fit dudes I got some base colours on for the game:

gallery_2760_13290_132859.jpg

Thanks for looking guys!

, a shame to see that army go, but it seems that’s the way you like to hobby.
On the bright side, hopefully we’ll get to see you paint yet another ultramarine army.
The start is looking rather promising.
I love your work!

Well the first time I redid my Ultra's it was because with the new Primaris I wanted to update the look. Some of my stuff felt pretty dated. But my newer version was not something I wanted to sell. There's a little more to it than that, but regardless it seems like I'm finally getting to rebuild it.

I have to admit the third time around feels much more labour intensive.

I went with a bluer look this time, and sure enough someone commented they preferred my other look (the stormier blue, less intense blue, slightly darker).

So I ask you guys... is the older look better or the newer one?

• 9 months later...

Err the Primaris transformation has.... not taken well to these chaps. :)

Anyway thanks for the compliments guys.

@Quixus : This terrain is very hard to find now. They were kits that came out of Russia. Very sturdy, excellent kits if you can find them. They are about 6-8 years old. If we could find more, we'd definitely buy/recommend them.

• 2 months later...

I had to laugh though... I upload Marneus... get compliment on Thousand Sons Sorc. lol

Sorry for not commenting on the other models. They all look awesome. Too bad the others had no opportunity to show off your great OSL painting skills.

No worries. I understand.

I can say if you want to see a few more of those figs painted like that, you might like these:

https://prot40k.blog/2019/01/15/hobby-update-thousand-sons/