Calgar and his honor guard look great.

Did you assemble the honor guard before painting?  Getting to the inside of their cloaks seems difficult when I dry fit the models, but so does attempting sub assemblies given where the joins fall.  As a result, they've been languishing unassembled and unpainted on my desk.  Any tips you're willing to share are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by emptysubs

Thanks for the compliments!

With the Victrix Guard I did actually glued the models together. It was a bit tougher getting back into the cape but some of these new models with split capes the gap is really hard to fill in a natural looking way. What helped me was to not glue the figure on the base. At least then you can do the inside of the cloak a little better.

(Calgar was done without the cloak on.)

Edited by Prot

• 4 months later...

Your army has always looked nice; don't do yourself a disservice. .

Absolutely Ishagu’s stuff has always been great. I find a lot of Ultra players are extremely good hobbiests.

I’ve only been using about 5-6 in my lists but they’ve been in every list so I felt it was overdue to paint them up.

Edited by Prot

How have they been performing for you? I suspect they would work best in my assault Ultramarines list.

Well I am actually still trying to create a competitive Guilliman list and I find the lack of backline pressure very difficult to overcome. So I don’t think they’re great but not terrible for their points. They are sub par vs vehicles, and don’t have the volume to be good vs infantry. However multi assault vs certain (TAU) players I face can make a difference in some games. I just feel like their cheaper points make them a good choice for Guilliman’s Aura.

Mount them on some based debris, those flight stands suck.

My modeling skills are pretty bad, but I will sa6 is gar I’ve been lucky and haven’t had any real damage yet on my existing squads.

• 5 weeks later...

Last week I finished the Supressors:

img_75471.jpg?w=860

A friend of mine in the UK was at Gamesday and sent me this LT so I wanted to do him up in my weekend challenge and see how far I could get:

img_75901.jpg

More pics: http://prot40k.blog/2019/08/06/new-astartes-codex-preparations-hobby-update/