Great looking Repulsors. Will you try running all three at once?

Thanks.

I was running all 3 until the point increase. 90 additional points is just too much. I am down to 2 for now. :)

Same with me... I'm really not sure why GW hiked the cost, especially with Guilliman losing the aura everyone complained about lol

Although I don't agree with the points price hike, I'm guessing it's because of how many weapons the thing has that benefit from the Doctrines rules combined with just good Aggressors are jumping out of one, especially as Ultramarines with the double tap.

I understand it, but don't agree with it.

I think it might be a late reaction from some events where people were running 5?

The Doctrines don't really impact them all that much - and other units like Predators that became notably better had their costs dropped.

Well the Doctrines DO impact them because they benefit more than most units from them. Predators, as an example, benefit most from the Tactical Doctrine as all their weapons are heavy. In addition, the prospect of Aggressors jumping out and also benefiting from the Doctrines is also highly likely.

Of course, other vehicles haven't seen a points increase which is inconsistent but I guess what I'd point out is, playing devil's advocate, you and Prot both still want to take Repulsors despite them being more expensive, so perhaps they were undercosted before?

Well I think they're a touch overcosted now. I'm only taking one in my game tonight and the Landraider went down 20 points! That's a steal for that vehicle which (arguably) can carry better units (Cents). The 2+ save has always be a notable difference to me. 

I found in my recent games the new Doctrines helped very little. "Old" Guilliman helped a LOT more when they were cheaper.

The only reason I want to take any at this point is they are a transport for Primaris. The new transport isn't out yet, 

Iron Hand Repuslors might be worth the extra cost for that profile that degrades less, or perhaps Raven Guard for having a 2+ save for free until they get close.

Ultramarine Repulsors are worse, hands down, with the cost increase and significant drop in output.

I imagine it means I'll end up going back to the various Forgeworld units...

Edited by Ishagu

It's a better unit for sure, but the Repulsors hold bodies, and prevent sniping. 

But I've had a few games now and just posted a batrep with the Orks if anyone cares.. .lots of fun: Ultra vs. Orks new Codex Batrep.

cropped-1-UM-armyshot.jpg?resize=860%2C2

The army is coming along.

Also I started work on another set of Aggressors for the new rules bonuses!

• 3 weeks later...

So my last several games have all been wins. And this includes 2 against Genestealer Cult.

New-Ultra-Codex-DOWNLOADING.jpg?resize=1

With my record in mind I'm going to do something that I think will dilute my efforts immensely.... I'm taking my Repulsors/Executioners out of the list.

This list will continue to test Primaris stuff (mostly) that I haven't used a ton of. It will be pure infantry except for 2 Warsuits, and a TFC. 

I'm not used to this style of list actually working in 8th so here goes nothing. I have no idea what I'm up against tonight.

Good luck Prot! Also, outstanding work as usual! You set the bar high and hopefully I'll reach it one day!

Thank you. I really appreciate the compliment!

How come you're taking the Repulsors and Executioners out? I recently faced the latter and it was scary as hell!

I'm getting some great results from the Codex too but I am keen on hearing your battle reports matey :wink:

Honestly, I'm just being real here... I am -hammering- people. It is zero fun for me, and even less so for them. Some of these games are not ultra-competitive, however my list was hardly changed and it jumped a giant notch. I started turning it down by going down to 1 of each repulsor, and a bunch of foot troops. 

It's still very potent with the Chaplain, Tiggy, Calgar, and Victrix guard are a rock. Combined overwatch alone from multiple repulsors is or can be very potent. I am pulling it down a notch but as I've noted on my blog there are still boogey men out there, I just want to see how goofy I can get before I start taking a beating. (Plus there's some good people here that I want them to get a good kick or two at my Ultra's as well.)

I have yet to face the mega-Tau gunline, or super anti- infantry Necron lists that linger here. Same goes for Dark Eldar so this MIGHT be a one night experiment. lol

I appreciate that. I've been playing an Ork playing friend of mine and deliberately been building weaker lists because he's more of "for fun" player than competitive and the new Ultramarines are just great now.

Hell, the Ultramarines list I've been using has been performing great. It just took on a competitive player's Codex Space Marines Successor cheese and I made the mistake of taking a 1750pts list against his 2000pts list!

Woops!

Thing is, it was my first ITC and I forgot the points system for the first 3 turns and didn't score as I should have yet I only lost by 1 VP!

Oh and I was the rusty player.

Oh and he couldn't fail his Leviathan armour saves.

Times are good.

I don't want to take focus away from Prot's topic but check out this as my list:

1750pts

Brigade

HQ

Captain - Teeth of Terra and Mastercrafted Bolter

Librarian - Bolt Pistol and Force Staff. Telepathic Assault and Psychic Shackles

Chaplain - Bolt Pistol and Crozius. Warlord - Adept of the Codex. Seal of Oath Either the +1 to hit or +1 to wound Litanies

ELITES

Chapter Champion - Imperium's Sword

Company Veterans ×5 - Storm Shields and Storm Bolters

In a Rhino

Redemptor Dreadnought - Heavy Onslaught Cannon, Onslaught cannon, Storm Bolters and Icarus Missile Launcher

TROOPS

Tactical Marines ×10 - Plasma, Combi Plasma and Grav Cannon

In Rhino

Tactical Marines ×5 - Combi Plasma and Heavy Bolter

Tactical Marines ×5 - Combi Plasma and Heavy Bolter

Scouts x5 - Sniper rifles

Scouts x5

Scouts x5

HEAVY SUPPORT

Hunter

Hunter

3 Centurions - Heavy Bolters and Hurricane Bolters. Sergeant has Mastercrafted Hurricane Bolters

FAST ATTACK

Typhoon Land Speeder - Heavy Bolter

Typhoon Land Speeder - Heavy Bolter

Attack Bike - Heavy Bolter

Hopefully it adds to the discussion somewhat.

Both myself and Prot play differently which is why I like to get involved in his topic, so I can learn something.

I thought that at first but it isn't much different to a double Battalion really:

- 6 Troops in both

- 3 HQs in a Brigade vs 4 in double Battalion

- you're going to fill up on Heavy Support and Elites anyway...

I do think it's harder to bring out a competitive Brigade with pure Primaris since they don't have access to the cheaper units such as Attack Bikes and Scouts to save points.

On that note, Prot - how are you finding availability of CPs in game? I'm finding Marines have gone from an army that just doesn't need CPs to one that can burn through them in a matter of a couple of turns.

Prot how goes the new tank light list?

Ran foot heavy primaris, against heavy vehicle Mechanicus + Armigers.

Uphill battle. Marneus crushed people, Gravis Cpt. + burning blade killed two Armigers.

I really missed my Repulsors, bringing them back.