• 2 weeks later...

Great job for sure! :D Have you got to use them yet? Was dipping my toes in chaos filth earlier and found an interesting tactic. Turns out rhinos, with plasmas, can kill themselves in the shooting phase. So you move up with your bang bang squad in the rhino, overheat the plasma and if you fail the shot and the rhino goes bye bye your unit that was in the rhino can then shoot. Something to keep in mind.

I've followed your work for years. I've been a member of this Forum for 12 years and your work is among the best I've seen. 

Wow. Thanks for such an amazing compliment. I've tried pretty hard over the years to make the armies look good, but I've always tried to get armies -done- while retaining respectable quality.

Great job for sure! :biggrin.: Have you got to use them yet? Was dipping my toes in chaos filth earlier and found an interesting tactic. Turns out rhinos, with plasmas, can kill themselves in the shooting phase. So you move up with your bang bang squad in the rhino, overheat the plasma and if you fail the shot and the rhino goes bye bye your unit that was in the rhino can then shoot. Something to keep in mind.

Yea I've seen that tactic used in a tournament. (I haven't done it myself.) 

I've used them in a few games. I've been trying some new combos. Basically I think for Ultra's, they make Hellblasters have a new lease on game mechanics. 

Also when the Impulsors are empty, everyone ignores them because it's simply a single missile shot. There's some good techniques too for blocking assaults. Keep the Impulsors in front in certain matchups and increase opponent's charge ranges, then fly away.... I've used the Impulsors hyper aggressively when they're empty to fly into opponent's artillery or shooty units. They aren't bad. But at the same time I don't think they could really go up in price. They are still mostly metal boxes.

• 9 months later...

Thank you very much guys.

Idaho, thanks for the kind words.... I don't know if they're true, but I certainly appreciate the compliment!

Thanks BBF - completely agree the new Gravis sculpts are fantastic. Their attention to detail is getting amazing on these 'press fit' models. I actually really don't miss the old school 'posable' stuff, but that's probably because I've never been good at putting the models together. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm slowly working on the Indomitus stuff. There's a lot in there, and I really like how it all looks.

Just as a bonus project, I finished my new terrain kit to add to my collection. I think we all agree 9th ed has a much higher demand of good terrain coverage, so I want to keep adding to it:

gallery_2760_15033_295434.jpg

This was a 3 night project: 1 for assembly (which is so easy with press fit now), 2 for a 'beige' primer, and a wash. Then night 3 was some red, metallics, burn marks, and simple dry brushing. Good enough for the table top!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A very big 40K thing happened for me lately. 

It's a long story, but finally this week I received my latest Ultramarine army from the person I sold it to. I decided to put it together with the new stuff I've painted and here's shots of the most of the army (I just couldn't fit the rest in.)

UM-Full-Army-1.jpg?resize=775%2C381&ssl=

Ta-daaa... So I put a lot more details up on the blog, but you get the idea. I bought it back from the purchaser, and he moved so didn't need it, and offered it back to me at a great price.

Here's some of the new stuff imbedded in the photo:

UM-Full-Army-4.jpg?w=1008&ssl=1

If you guys are curious to see more of the army: http://prot40k.wpcomstaging.com/2020/10/11/the-ultramarines-are-back-some-thoughts-on-codex-space-marines-for-9th-edition/

The cool thing is I got games in using proxies for some of the army then this stuff arrives this week and I have some games in with everything painted and it felt nice. 

I really wanted to use 2 of the painted Executioners, but wow GW smoked these tanks hard... and as I say on my blog, I think it was unnecessary as the sale of the Gladiator is going to be fine.

Anyway, just glad to have it back! Now I have to slowly do up my 3rd Guilliman! (The seller wanted to keep him.)