Say Prot I have a question.

I have my own Gman lying around that I am planning to start on soon.

Do you assemble the miniature completely and paint it, or did you assemble him in terms of legs, torso + head, arms and then assemble him after painting those parts individually?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got a game in with Guilliman vs SoB.

I did a mini report here: http://prot40k.wpcomstaging.com/2021/07/13/ultramarines-mini-batrep-gaming-with-guilliman/

And if you don't want to read it, the spoiler contains the results:

Guilliman and the UM's manage to pull of a victory in T4 by 20 points.

Really nice to see the Gman getting an outing. I don't think i've used him in 9th. 

Hellblasters are in the same boat. With the changes to competitive terrain, and the ability to hide units, do you think they could see some play again?

I suppose the issue is they're fighting vs Eradicators for the same spot and efficiency wise they're just not as good. I may have to try a squad alongside Eradicators in Heavy Support. 

Good to see the blue boys get a win.

Well I never start my Eradicators on the table. And I see them has having a very different role from Hellblasters (even though in this game I had a crazy lucky moment and took down an Exorcist with one volley!)

I used the Hellbasters because in this specific case Guilliman can bring the best out in them, but typically I use a unit like Hellblasters for going after Elite units, and the Eradicators are 90% of the time coming off an edge and hunting a vehicle. It takes time to figure this out, but with practice you can almost always get someone to swing a vehicle in a bad position because they see blood and want to get those shots in. This usually results in a compromised position and that's exactly what happened again with the Exorcist and the Eradicators do their thing.. .then they typically die immediately.

What I don't like about Eradicators is they die just as fast as anything in current 40K. So they are always a cannonball for me and hopefully score me Engage on All Fronts for a turn as well.

Thanks for checking it out. I thought I was going to lose for sure in turn 2. :)

• 5 months later...

Wasn't sure if this was still active Prot, but I wanted to ask if you've had any more experience with your Ultramarines lately?

You thought about trialling the Terminator Squad again dripping in, perhaps with a solid 1st Turn Drop Pod attack in the form of Devastators and Sternguard/Company Veterans to blow a hole with them?

I definitely think it's a case of go big or go home with dropping in 10 Terminators like that. They need the oomph the extra numbers grant them.

I've been considering this myself actually.

Edited by Captain Idaho

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I haven't been active in this thread. I'm still playing them a lot, but my lists have moved back and forth between what I know, and what I want to try. It hasn't been great... I'll post more elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Gravis is so badass.

I think people waiting for a Primaris Terminator are sitting out in the cold for a day that will never come.

Love to see it, don't think it's real.

I was waiting Melta Primaris, we had Plasma already. Then GW delivered.

Then I wanted Heavy Bolters, and boom we'r got those.

So now it's missile launchers and Lascannons. Then we are in Destruction Town.

Your guys look ace Prot, always a pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...