I really like the Tanks. Rhinos and Razorbacks, when painted well with the various details, are actually a timeless kit.

Liking the FW doors, they are great. I've noticed you've converted your own Las-Plas.. I don't blame you, the turrets from FW cost almost as much as a whole Rhino kit!

I really like the Tanks. Rhinos and Razorbacks, when painted well with the various details, are actually a timeless kit.

Liking the FW doors, they are great. I've noticed you've converted your own Las-Plas.. I don't blame you, the turrets from FW cost almost as much as a whole Rhino kit!

Thanks! Yea, good eye. I had to convert some up a while back. Just as you said these Forgeworld variants are killer expensive.... but I have a few coming now. You're right the tanks of this nature are timeless kits I'm so happy to have them done because they can be useful in so many games and I was so tired of looking at grey vehicles in my armies. lol

Your lack of enthousiasm about painting vehicles doesn't show on your models, they look great!

Quite the accomplishment to do such a large amount of vehicles at once.

I wish i had the courage to start a project as big as that.

That's nice of you to say, but it's no courage.... it is literally disgust in myself having painted so many armies and figures and always, always putting these models on the back burner. I finally got sick of not painting transports and then I made the Auxiliary Anti Air Force as shown and just thought enough was enough... it's time to do these damn things. 

I will guess it was over 100 hours... maybe a lot more. I did them almost every day from 1-4 hours over several weeks and did not let myself touch another model until completion. It's the only way I was ever going to finish a Battle-Co.

Instead of forgeworld, you could look into chapterhouse.

They make a very nice magnetized turret kit for the razorback.

Ah, too late for me. I finally have a few extra's coming in the mail. Thanks for the suggestion though.... and thanks for checking out my stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

- Phoenix, thank you. I came up with that with the newer vehicles, some of these date back a bit, but you will see in newer pictures I am actually adding more forgeworld turrets, and re-doing the old ones to match a similar pattern.

Okay NEW post.... After getting sick to death of painting low level vehicles, I thought I MUST push through and paint the infantry I've had about 50% done.

So this picture features almost all new Tactical paints, and one new Assault dude with an Eviscerator (It's become mandatory in my Battle Co as of late for me to use that piece of wargear.) The Ironclad is new too.... and I think aside from a very few tacticals, these were incomplete for quite a while.

gallery_2760_10191_424376.jpg

It feels great to finally get this done. In the meantime I started assembling and early stage painting of 10 more Tacticals and lots of scouts!

• 3 weeks later...

I finally finished a vehicle that's been 'bugging me' for a long time. A landraider Redeemer. This is my flagship Landraider meant to be flanked by 2 longer ranged Landraider to eventually build the Landraider spearhead.

I actually don't like painting vehicles. I prefer characters, with emotion and battlescars, and cool stories behind their blades. Vehicles always feel.... emotionless and a little boring. But this guy was a little different. He's been to battle a lot, and do mean a LOT.

As I painted him I felt more and more invested in him as I used him as a WIP on the battlefield. Many games he came back to the 500 worlds for repair, and dutifully went back out again.

Even though I was advised never to use Landraider, I've always sneaked them in my lists, just like Terminators, because they're supposed to be there! At the forefront, annihilating the xenos.

So this guy grew on me, and he seemed to resilient, always making some difference on the battlefield (look at my plethora of batreps with him and you'll see it's true.) So with an undying spirit and commitment to the Ultramarines, I could only call him the:

Inexōrābilis Ultramar.

med_gallery_2760_10216_174002.jpg

med_gallery_2760_10216_76250.jpg

gallery_2760_10216_155162.jpg

I kept backing off of finishing the Inexorabilis Ultramar because I didn't want to mess it up and had to be in the right frame of mind to finish it off.... that being said I reached a point where I said 'enough' and called it ready for table top gaming!

In continuation with my new Landraider Redeemer, I'd like to throw in some pics of a side project I've been working on the side with....

This guy is my homage to Aeonid Theil. For the unaway, this is him:

med_gallery_2760_10216_128576.jpg

+ Censure is one of my favorite side stories in the Horus Heresy series, with Aeonid Theil, a great character, starring in this one. He first appeared in Dan Abnett's Know No Fear.

So as promised, showing a few pictures of my newly completed Landraider Redeemer, the Inexorabilis Ultramar, here is my "40K Aeonid Theil" homage. Please keep in mind, it's not meant to be a duplicate of him, but instead a 40K tip of the hat to the character work done by Dan Abnett and Nick Kyme.

med_gallery_2760_10216_198048.jpg

My 'Aeonid' features an action packed magentized right forearm! So he can change out weapons or simply twist his wrist from the above, to the above OR.....

med_gallery_2760_10216_49650.jpg

This! Take that heretic... right in the eye.

gallery_2760_10216_129280.jpg

Aeonid and his big buddy, Inexorabilis Ultramar. If the twin Gladius' don't kill 'em, the dual Redeemer Flamers will. (hopefully!)

med_gallery_2760_10216_74916.jpg

Thanks for checking in on my thread.

I like what I see.

I've never come close to an Airbrush, so when I paint a vehicle it really takes a long time :-(

The Redeemer is lovely. What are you running inside it?

The Ultramarine upgrade kit really does create some wonderful models.

Thank you very much guys. I've never been a huge vehicle painting guy so it's great to have it done.

I like what I see.
I've never come close to an Airbrush, so when I paint a vehicle it really takes a long time :-(

The Redeemer is lovely. What are you running inside it?
The Ultramarine upgrade kit really does create some wonderful models.

I run it with a funner demi co, or a larger battle co for extra protection. The contents are usually: Termie Capt, shield eternal + hammer. Add in either 3 Grav Centurions, OR 3 Assault Centurions and a Chaplain. 

The assault centurions have been really good against D.star armies lately, including Wraithknights, Riptides, and the like. 

Very pretty on both counts, Prot! Especially the power weapons. 

My one teeny quibble is that Theil's mark of censure is a little neat and tidy... in all his art work, the red is splashed pretty haphazardly. Not a lot of time to paint inside the lines when you've got heretic eyes to poke out :D

Edited by Flint13

Very pretty on both counts, Prot! Especially the power weapons. 

My one teeny quibble is that Theil's mark of censure is a little neat and tidy... in all his art work, the red is splashed pretty haphazardly. Not a lot of time to paint inside the lines when you've got heretic eyes to poke out :biggrin.:

Absolutely... you're right. I call it my 'homage' to Aeonid because this is kind of my 40K variant of him. I honestly don't know if he's still alive or not? (I assume dead).

In Know No Fear (SPOILER ALERT):

This is where Dan Abnett kind of 'invents' the censure mark. Aeonid is one of the Censured for coming up with tactics on how to kill other marines.... Aeonid feels this is the greatest threat that Ultramarines could face. His superiors slap red paint on his head, censuring him for such crazy thoughts.

Guilliman does not see him in this light and considering the timing of all of this... decides it will be a mark of leadership.

So by 40K this is how it has becomes a 'neat' or intended paint job on Sargent or veteran Sargent.

You probably already knew this, but that's why this guy has a neat helmet... he wasn't literally Aeonid. But you are right, if it was, it is too neat.

Edited by Prot

Thoughts on the new Honor of McCragge graphic novel?  I though short but fun...

Exactly my thoughts. I did love the mood of the art. The warp was depicted in cool ways, and again the dark mood of the book is fantastic.