New HH 7th Ed FAQ

Nusquam

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/H/Horus_Heresy_7th_Ed_FAQ_Dec_2014.pdf

Lot's of changes.

• Night Lords buff
  • Moritat nerf
  • Precision Strikes/Shots back
  • Implacable advance now on more units
  • Clarifications

Lot's more too. We all saw the Moritat change coming, but for the most part this FAQ is really good.

I'm torn. Moritats Get Hot doesn't hit me that hard, my planned Alpha Legion dude was packing the Legion Pistol and a Volkite. Wondering about the random mention of Volkites under the Combi-weapon question (are they going to drop Combi-Volkites on us eventually?) Not being able to use Masters of Signal, Librarians or Primus Medicaes (or however you pluralize it) as compulsory HQs is kind of a kick in the pants to my low-points Escalation lists so I guess back to the drawing board on those. Vigilators are pretty cool I guess.......

I've never used a Moritat outside of Kaedes Nex. I was going to make a Plasma/Phase Walker one, but now I think I'll do twin-Serpentas. I am happy about how my Seekers and Mor Deythan gained scoring though.

Well, I'm sad that my go-to Consul, the Primus Medicae, is no longer able to be taken as compulsory...

Night Lords got a nice buff.

And plasma Moritat needed a nerf, tbh.

Other than that, everything else looks nice. The added wargear for the Tac Vets is Nice too.

Edit: Also, does this mean we might see Combi-Volkites?

Wow, glad I hadn't started painting my IW Moritat with twin plasmas yet. Was a cool model but that's a lot of point for a guy with a decent chance to get a single shot off. Since he has BS of 5 does that mean he doesn't hit on a 2 like normal? (I think he has BS5 from memory)

Nice boost for Night Lords, makes the Terror squads with volkite much much more appetizing for the point cost. Plus the buff for their Rite Of War might actually get me to use it.

Massive nerf for consul led armies as the 3 most commonly used commanders(That I have noticed) cannot be used as the HQ. Pretty big issue in lower point games.

Deathstorm Drop pod- Oh hell yeah, they brought back the old Deathstorm rules with a BS nerf. If you have an opponent that castles, that could hurt a lot. Now worth the 130ish points.(been awhile since I looked)

Bit of a kick in the teeth to have half the Consuls now locked away as support HQ's.  I can see the logic for it with the Primus Medicae - it was crowding in on Apothecaries, as basically an Apothecary + small HQ tax.  If you were going to bring an Apothecary anyways and didn't care for having an HQ, the Primus Medicae was the cheapest way to get your list together.  Master of Signal, I could go either way on.  He's strong, but also has significantly limited wargear choices.  If anything should have been nerfed, it was probably his bombardment.  But the librarian?  We hardly see librarians as it is, and now I fear they will be even more rare.  They didn't need this nerf.

The consul nerf is upsetting for smaller games, but I can live with it. Overall its a decent FAQ, albeit it sucks when options get taken away.

I am still trying to decode what in the hell they are trying to say about the command tank upgrade. Did they replace ALL rules with it or does 'the general version' mean that, if the unit is not a squadron, then it uses the rules for the 'general version'? I'm leaning toward the latter, but it is worded pretty poorly and is still a mystery.

Not being able to use Masters of Signal, Librarians or Primi Medicae as compulsory HQs is kind of a kick in the pants

Once upon a time (before the FAQ) there was an Iron Warrior HQ that was fluffy and didn't suck...

I guess support officers won't see much play anymore. It is a shame those Ordinator Magi can't figure out how to use a freakin' cogis-signum.

Not being able to use Masters of Signal, Librarians or Primi Medicae as compulsory HQs is kind of a kick in the pants

Once upon a time (before the FAQ) there was an Iron Warrior HQ that was fluffy and didn't suck...

I guess support officers won't see much play anymore. It is a shame those Ordinator Magi can't figure out how to use a freakin' cogis-signum.

Do you mean the siege-breaker, forge lord or basic centurion?

The consul nerf is upsetting for smaller games, but I can live with it. Overall its a decent FAQ, albeit it sucks when options get taken away.

I am still trying to decode what in the hell they are trying to say about the command tank upgrade. Did they replace ALL rules with it or does 'the general version' mean that, if the unit is not a squadron, then it uses the rules for the 'general version'? I'm leaning toward the latter, but it is worded pretty poorly and is still a mystery.

The page references are the ones it replaces.  

Iron Warrior HQ that was fluffy and didn't suck...

siege-breaker, forge lord or basic centurion?

Siege breaker is extremely redundant with IW, since our special units bring tank hunter/wrecker by themselves, forgelord is just a gigantic points sink that isn't good at anything. Basic Centurion is like that but worse.

I wish there was a way to not bring HQ at all...

Which would mean they removed 4 paragraphs about vehicle squadrons. I think, more likely, that they intended all single vehicles to have the leadership bubble while squadrons had the additional rules. I've contacted forgeworld about it and will post results if they ever get back to me.

As a Thousand Sons player I am not very happy with this FAQ. I usually ran 2 Librarians and a Master of Signals, or 3 Librarians. Librarians already got nerfed from Mastery Level 3 down to Mastery Level 2, they really, really didn't need this change. Now I understand that Thousand Sons don't have their rules yet, but we were the only people taking multiple Librarians anyway, so it really wasn't needed.

/sad panda

As a Thousand Sons player I am not very happy with this FAQ. I usually ran 2 Librarians and a Master of Signals, or 3 Librarians. Librarians already got nerfed from Mastery Level 3 down to Mastery Level 2, they really, really didn't need this change. Now I understand that Thousand Sons don't have their rules yet, but we were the only people taking multiple Librarians anyway, so it really wasn't needed.

/sad panda

I'm sure being 1kSons no one would be opposed to you running Librarians as Mandatory HQs if you asked.

Iron Warrior HQ that was fluffy and didn't suck...

siege-breaker, forge lord or basic centurion?

Siege breaker is extremely redundant with IW, since our special units bring tank hunter/wrecker by themselves, forgelord is just a gigantic points sink that isn't good at anything. Basic Centurion is like that but worse.

I wish there was a way to not bring HQ at all...

you don't have to use your special units and the siege breaker buffs them, the forgelord can be designed to buff a melee unit and make a decent shooter or assaulter (unless by decent you mean magos/primarch which is silly imo) and the basic cent is an upgraded sarge.  Unless you're playing at very low or high points they're actually pretty good.

Which would mean they removed 4 paragraphs about vehicle squadrons. I think, more likely, that they intended all single vehicles to have the leadership bubble while squadrons had the additional rules. I've contacted forgeworld about it and will post results if they ever get back to me.

And replaced it with a vexilla that buffs units 2 feet away?  Yes

/sad panda

I'm sure being 1kSons no one would be opposed to you running Librarians as Mandatory HQs if you asked.

I would think the same. My forthcoming update to the Portcullis Incident Campaign Pack (link in sig) will allow for 1K sons to take eithe libraians or the praetor libbies (created for the pack) as mandatory HQs given the army background.

you don't have to use your special units and the siege breaker buffs them, the forgelord can be designed to buff a melee unit and make a decent shooter or assaulter (unless by decent you mean magos/primarch which is silly imo) and the basic cent is an upgraded sarge.  Unless you're playing at very low or high points they're actually pretty good.

Let's just say I do not play IV. Legion for the decency of their Legion rules/Rite of War and consider something "pretty good" when it brings about as much to the table as a Master of Signals. I should propably just ignore the FAQ.

1 thing I don't get is if Moritat rolls a 2 do his shots go off but he then suffers from "Gets Hot" and chain fire ends? Or do the shots always fail if a 2 is rolled? I do agree that Moritat needed needing but I don't think increasing the gets hot chance was the right way, maybe decreasing the BS after every successful hit?

1 thing I don't get is if Moritat rolls a 2 do his shots go off but he then suffers from "Gets Hot" and chain fire ends? Or do the shots always fail if a 2 is rolled? I do agree that Moritat needed needing but I don't think increasing the gets hot chance was the right way, maybe decreasing the BS after every successful hit?

Going by the way Gets Hot works on blast weapons, if it Gets Hot then it doesn't fire that shot.  So, if you want to extrapolate that back to the new Moritat rules, I'd say that the 2's result in no hits.

Going by the way Gets Hot works on blast weapons, if it Gets Hot then it doesn't fire that shot.  So, if you want to extrapolate that back to the new Moritat rules, I'd say that the 2's result in no hits.

I had a feeling that's how it worked now, for me the plasma Moritat is dead then bad enough that you can kill yourself but hitting on 3s too just don't make him worth it.

I had a feeling that's how it worked now, for me the plasma Moritat is dead then bad enough that you can kill yourself but hitting on 3s too just don't make him worth it.

Doesn't matter.  There is an insane interaction between Moritats and one of the new Relics.  The rules should basically read, "Choose a squad that is wholly within 12 inches of your Moritat.  Have your opponent remove every model of that squad as casualties."  Even worse, this is not really any more expensive than the dual plasma moritat.  Basically, it goes like this:

Moritat + Combat Augment Array.  The other weapons and gear are irrelevant and up to your choice.

Combat Augment Array = once per game, you declare you are activating it.  Every dice roll that character makes for that turn counts as a 6.  At the end of the turn, the model makes a T test for every wound they have remaining.  Failed test = take an unsavable wound.

So, take your bolt pistols, get an enemy squad within 12 inches, activate chain fire and combat augment array.  Your opponent should skip all the foreplay and just remove the entire squad.  You have now scored infinite hits and infinite wounds, and he cannot make infinite saves.

"But kitwulfen!" you say.  "The FAQ/LACAL says he can't benefit from buffs!"

Read it again.

They may not benefit from any Blessing type psychic powers, or from Leadership bonuses, Leadership re-rolls or other beneficial special rules provided by other friendly models or army-wide effects which are the result of a Rite of War.

This piece of wargear is none of those things.  Moritat + bolt pistols + combat augment array = remove squad of your choice within 12 inches.

Archived