Joutinhiem 798th Armored Regiment WIP

CommissarZac

Good solid start there. I agree with the Commissar the model would really pop with some highlights on the armour. Also don't be afraid to weather the model (I speak from my own experience) it will further enhance a already good looking model further!.

• 1 month later...

Havent posted in awhile thought I would give an update

11006398_10205347299914007_7661835487630  10988527_10205347299994009_3124479573020  19288_10205347299954008_1518743852044794  10923264_10205347300754028_3339502216991  

Took some of y'alls advice and reduced the amount of snow and I agree this looks way better.

Also will be posting another WIP after reading up on someone's Rogue Trader army.  I don't mean to steal ideas but that one had me motivated and with extra tanks lying around......meh.

The best advice would be washes, inking panel lines and weathering. Yes it can be slow but it makes the model pop giving extra depth and texture.

Also contrast! Things you need to stand out should. I am aiming initially at lenses and the spotlight. The blue just blends in with the paintwork and they vanish into the background. Try red or green (my favourites) or go wild with purple or yellows it is up to you.

Have a go at weathering. As your main background is Ice Planet based try some snow build up but don't forget that there will also be soot on weapon barrels, rusting, dirt build up and scratches too. The snow won't settle around warm metal such as the engine decking but it will get pressed into the tracks.

Have a look at images on the internet as they can be a great help.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL Bjorn the fluff I'm going with is due to a mixup in the Supply chain Instead of receiving the proper driver view ports to replace broken ones, they instead received forge fresh shields.  So rather than wait even longer for necessary parts they told the Tech priests to "Make it work".  (Vision slits to be cut into them later but for all intents purposes they can see outside just fine lol).  The one with the cross I use to designate the Squadron leader.

Well I still need to Get 3 more demolishers.  I am thinking of mixing up the Vanq and Demo squadrons to run 1 vanq with 2 Demo as backup.  so once I get those then I thinking of a Sentinel squadron, and another Valkyrie.  So I got a ways to go still LOL.

Figured I'de give a Pict cast breakdown of the Joutinheim 798th

HQ: Colonel Ulfric Harman
Read all about Ulfric and his crew Here

Isabel's Vengeance

2IC:  Major Silf Gurnhide

2IC squadron

Commissar Zac

Commissar Zac

Vanquisher Team

Long guns

Shadow Sword Dawn's Requiem

Dawn's Requiem

Baneblade Midnight Chill

Midnight Chill

1st squad

Vet Squad1

Vet Squad1(2)

2nd Squad

Vetsquad2

vetsquad2(2)

Air Support

Coked out Valkyrie

Some background about this story

This game was supposed to be a 2v1 with my guard and a friend's white scars, trying to capture the relic from some blood angels.  Well I wasn't paying attention when the guy said what the relic was so I assumed it was an out of place karskin on top of a building.  So top of last round I swoop in with my Valkyrie and nab the Karskin only to find out the relic was a small terrain fountain at the bottom of the building.  I remember because I was actually amazed my Valkyrie had actually performed good.  Up till then it litterally just flew around the board, missing almost every shot yet unable to be shot down.  So without further ado here is how I envisioned it all in my head.   BTW I had been running them as a traitor guard, till I saw the light of the Emperor and made them loyal.

How it played in my head

And now another thrilling adventure of:

THE DRUNKEN VALKYRIE CREW
This episode: The old bait and switch
Somewhere over Meridia IV:
Captain Stiller and his crew were in "high" spirits as they flew to the battlefield.
The mission couldn't have been more simple, grab the relic and scoot back to base. 
And with the White Scars running interference with the Blood angels resistance was bound to be low.
A simple snatch and grab mission, and then back to the base for more coke and ale.
"Head Honcho this is Funky Flyer beginning Operation Finders Keepers." He voxed The Commissar
"Roger Funky Flyer see you back at base." Commissar Zac voxed back
Eyeing the lone figure on top of the tall building Captain Stiller gracefully lowered the boarding ramp
while hovering in place to make a rapid escape. The Squad inside performed their job perfectly as they
secured the lone person, a Caskern of all things, Stiller wondered what vital intelligence he had that warranted such
an extraction. "This is Renegade 1 we have the package, ready for take off." the Sargent voxed. "Hold on 
to your butts." came the reply. Seconds later the loading ramp closed and the engines roared louder as they made their getaway
"Head Honcho this is Funky Flyer package is secure." Stiller informed. "Well done Funky Flyer, making our withdrawal now."
Commissar Zac replied.
Back at base:
Commissar Zac could hardly wait. For once his Valkyrie crew had performed like he had asked,
and now he was going to see the fruits of his labor. But when he walked in to the hangar
He didn't find the sacred Blood angel shrine he had ordered but a lone Caskern now dead from alcohol poisoning from trying to keep up with the crew.
Not to mention a whole squad and crew so sure of themselves. He could feel the veins start to surface as his face twisted
with pure rage. "WHAT IS THIS!!!!!!" he screamed as he kicked the table of Ale bottled off to the side. Captain Stiller spoke up
"It's the relic you sent us to pick up." he said confused. The Commissar pulled out a data slate with a pict of the actual
relic. "THIS IS THE RELIC," He exclaimed, "THAT IS A NOW USELESS CASKERN SO PUMPED FULL OF AMASEC HE'S SUFFERING LIVER FAILURE!!!"
he shouted as he pointed to a rather pale Caskern foaming at the mouth. Captain stiller looked carefully at the pict.
"DIDN'T ANYONE PAY ATTENTION TO THE MISSION BRIEFING?!?!" The Commissar asked exasperated. 
After the group looked to one another one poor private spoke up. "Is that what that stupid slide show was?" the private
asked. BLAM!!! came the Commissar's response, As he turned around and walked out fuming mad and in desperate need
of his Amasec, and his Eldar comfort women. Captain Stiller turns to his Lt. and asks, "So was that a yes or a no?"

Have you considered white weathering powder,or even whitewash?it'll help to break up the monotonous blue on your bane blade As it will bring out the details more. Aside from that,keep up the good work trooper

Took Bjorn Firewalker's advice and tried some photo manipulation.

Here's Silf Gurnhide's squad on patrol on Joutinheim.  

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2015/059/a/7/jotinheim_by_63mh8-d8jvwq9.jpg

Original background can be found here 

• 4 weeks later...

Just added a squad of Scions, and a Taurox Prime to the Motor Pool.  So my friend and I do this thing where we have avatars in each other's armies.  So this is "his" squad as led by him as a commissar.

Scions

• 3 weeks later...

Archived