Brother DimDim's Workshop

DimDim

Don't know if you saw my comment from the other day or not, so I'll ask again. Do you plan to share your lovely destroyers and co. on this thread? I saw them in the Age of Darkness Casual Hobby Challenge section, and they're looking suave. I also briefly discussed power weapons, if that's your thing. 

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

+++Loading.....+++

+++Pict Captures 72301,72302,72303,72304 opening..... +++

+++Access Granted+++

med_gallery_82040_10175_29512.jpg

"Let the waves crash upon the faces of our shields. Our faith."

med_gallery_82040_10175_41515.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_54322.jpg

"Ave dominus. Wear your armour with pride son of Konrad, "I hate this war as only a true son can. Only as one who

its all we have left of the old Imperium." has seen its brutality , its futility, its stupidity.

That is why we must win."

med_gallery_82040_10175_16515.jpg

"We are legion."

+++Processing.......+++

+++Pict Captures 72301,72302,72303,72304 terminating..... +++

+++Thought of the day: Faith is not of word, but of heart.+++

@Dallo Sorry I didnt spot it! The destroyers are coming, im just searching for the muse to write about them. And on the power axe subject.......you'll see soon :biggrin.:

C&C welcome and encouraged!

DimDim

Edited by DimDim

Little update, this is a preview of my main character/ praetor/ personal avatar on the table, Strategos Δημήτριος (Dimitrios, ie me lol) He may change or rest the same as I really like him. In his fluff I sort of take an over important role in the legion and claim a rather high ranking kill (nothing insane like dueling and killing a big name character) during the siege that effects his future story (and possibly a future 40k thread I may do).

here he/me is:

med_gallery_82040_10175_16925.jpg

@Dallo, Maybe, maybe not....:P Im also surprised no one caught the "We are legion" statement, which is a reference to a certain legion which likes infiltrating its fellow legions.

Comments and questions encouraged!

DimDim

I have to agree with Khrangar about the crest. I really like how you took he effort to replace the pommel of the blade with an eagle head. Guessing that's from a marine combat blade?

Well if that's a pseudo traitor terminator squad, I'm guessing there's a word bearer, night Lord, son of horus and alpha legionnaire?

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Thanks for the suggestions, im considering removing the plume, but im going to use it to link the colours of my company/banner to the praetor. It also acts as a sort of "easy to spot" marker for him on the table top and the theme for my troops is kind of Templar knights/Hellenic (spartan as thats where my family originates from) and the plume gives that theming. The skull is also were im saying his digital weapons are stored :smile.:

And now without further a due, the next member of the command squad (more to come each day probably),

Templar Veteran Atiam :tongue.:

med_gallery_82040_10175_35094.jpg

The banner needs more greenstuff work and trophies, and there is infact a templar robe on him/ actually her.

@Dallo, you got em all save for the word bearer. Its a loyalist night lord, SOH(luna wolf), and an unknown alpha legionaire who has infiltraited the legion without the others knowing, Save perhaps one. The other two (autocannon and sarge) are imperial fists(the alpha legionaire is thought to be a fist...shhhh no one knows:P)

@lionofjuda, Thanks! I plan to get paint on em soon, my compressor (for airbrushing the base coat yellow) is just out at my friends from our last paint session.

As always,

DimDim

Edited by DimDim

Post #60!

The squad is done with the inclusion of its last two characters, legion champion/other consul, and Veteran axeman Dallo!

med_gallery_82040_10175_23865.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_1216.jpg

With Dallo I attempted to find a shield to use as a storm shield that matched Dallo's Picture (I assume its your reenactment shield?)

Fluff soon, anywho here is the rest of the squad, left to right: Templar veteran Alexander, Legion champion Riain, Templar veteran Atiam, Strategos Dimitrios, and Veteran axeman Dallo

med_gallery_82040_10175_8864.jpg

The squad is completely Terran, and all contain the names (or modified names) of people in real life Ex: Brother Dallo and Atia.

Thanks for lookin!

DimDim

Edited by DimDim

Wow DimDim, I am truly honoured. It looks like I polish up quite nicely in MkII plate. Yeah, the shield is my own from 12th century reenacting. My reenactment group was actually on TV other day, which was pretty awesome, but I'm barely in any of the combat shots, which is sad.

I really want to thank you for including a model of me, and especially for the lengths you went to source a similar shield. I hope it didn't take too much effort to find.

It's been amazing to see your painting and modelling develop over the course of this plog, not to mention the exquisite fluff.

I notice you're on 99 posts. I hope you make your 100th post a good one.

Keep up the good work, and thanks again. That's made my day.

(Veteran Axeman) Dallo

Edited by Brother Dallo

We're all pretty handsome in here.

Youre telling me ;P I plan to name all of my "characters" this way from now on. There's even a breacher sarge on the way... wonder what his name will be? :wink:

Wow DimDim, I am truly honoured. It looks like I polish up quite nicely in MkII plate. Yeah, the shield is my own from 12th century reenacting. My reenactment group was actually on to the other day, which was pretty awesome, but I'm barely in any of the combat shots, which is sad.

I really want to thank you for including a model of me, and especially for the lengths you went to source a similar shield. I hope it didn't take too much effort to find.

It's been amazing to see your painting and modelling develop over the course of this plog, not to mention the exquisite fluff.

I notice you're on 99 posts. I hope you make your 100th post a good one.

Keep up the good work, and thanks again. That's made my day.

(Veteran Axeman) Dallo

I should be the one thanking you. I tend to get astray from projects very quickly, but this plog and people like you are what has kept me down the righteous path of the fist :smile.:

Im glad I could make your day!

Now onto something insane:

My friends that game are into all fronts of it, including rpg's like deatwatch and D&D. Myself never really fancying things within the "fantasy" genre save for brettonians and LOTR generally dont partake in their games of D&D. For their last session they needed another player and came to me, but adamant as always I said the only way I would play an rpg is if I got to be a space marine. They said yes. And so did a party set off onto a quest consisting of Latharus an orc warrior, Pepal an ogre priest, Christian the human magic user (heretic) and Battle brother Dimicus clad in full astartes battleplate of the great Black Templars lol. During our first session, within this land full of magic and elves(eldar) I only burned four witches(they called themselves wizards, but they were not sanctioned so....) at the stake, abducted one orkish child and staged a coup in the name of the emperor. That darn king just wouldnt swear his eternal allegiance to the emprah. During one battle a dear companion of ours died jumping infront of an ork attack to save me, so I collected his chunks and hung them from a hook on my belt, forever sanctioned as an imperial relic and saint. I gained two squires by picking them up to use as shields and not letting them leave, and consumed the ashes of a fallen elf in an attempt to read his memories. It didnt work. Lets just say after this game im not allowed to play D&D anymore. Here he is!

med_gallery_82040_10175_12928.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_28434.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_23017.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_12149.jpg

Death to the witch,

Brother Dimicus

Edited by DimDim

Another lovely paint job DimDim. The freehand on the pads looks awesome. Congrats on a great 100th post.

Sounds like you had a good time then?

I was in the middle of writing about how the pose didn't really do it for me, but as I've been typing, it's been growing on me. The whole "This is the head of the last guy I decapitated. You SURE you still want to fight me?" thing seems pretty cool.

Will he be joining your Fists, or remain separate as a display piece?

Dallo

Another lovely paint job DimDim. The freehand on the pads looks awesome. Congrats on a great 100th post.

Sounds like you had a good time then?

I was in the middle of writing about how the pose didn't really do it for me, but as I've been typing, it's been growing on me. The whole "This is the head of the last guy I decapitated. You SURE you still want to fight me?" thing seems pretty cool.

Will he be joining your Fists, or remain separate as a display piece?

Dallo

Right now he is my D&D fig but after he'll probably become a display piece (maybe he'll stand in for sigismund until a official release)

That back story got a good chuckle outta me!

Were you cleaving foes in half with your power sword; immune to anything they could dish out or were you abiding by the rules?

I was picking up civilians to use as shields....I was full blown astarte lol. My armour was near impenitrable, my sword did insane damage, and my intimidation factor was f***huge :biggrin.:

im surprised no one noticed the chunk of meat (imperial saint) hanging from the models waist lol its even got a purity seal of its own.

Edited by DimDim

Oh, I noticed... only after the story though. Is it a jawbone? Looks like one from what I can tell.

Its more of an upper thigh lol

So I figured i would post up an army shot of what I currently have (mostly unpainted :sad.: and without my ten breachers) so you can see what is to come on this plog when the painting part comes, and when the fluff does aswell.

med_gallery_82040_10175_100455.jpg

Left to right:

Five cataphractii, four man command squad, one twenty man tac squad or two veteran squads, five recon marines, praetor, librarian, five man destroyer squad, one predator with the dakka turret, and finally one five man heavy bolter team. Whats left to come will probably be a sicaran, a spartan, a contemptor, maybe a knight, and a templar squad+ sigismund.

Finally I made some changes to Veteran Axeman Dallo, as i felt his regular mk2 helm left him slightly odd looking among the ornate squad (plus his lower half is gilded and ornate while his top wasn't) so I changed his regular mk2 helm to a more up armoured version. The old helm made its way onto a consul for a future allied detachment of ultra marines, or sons of horus. I'm not a huge fan of unhelmeted heads as if you were in real combat with shrapnel flying around, you would defiantly have that bucket on.(helmet will change if he ends up SOH) What do yall think?

med_gallery_82040_10175_24165.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_34695.jpg

Thanks for the look, C&Q encouraged,

DimDim

Edited by DimDim

Yeah, no, that unpainted resin pile is MUCH smaller than mine if that makes you feel any better :P

If you're like me, its getting more and more tempting to keep on painting as you slowly see it turn yellower and yellower!

The headswap looks much better on Dallo now, that Ultramarine/SoH Centurion is awesome too and the only way I could see to improve would be to add a crest to that helmet - if you make him a Son of Horus he could still rock the crest as a die hard Terran. 

Oh btw look at the power axes that come with the Servin Loth & Honor Guard Set. Pretty cool and might be something you'd like to use if you havent taken a gander/bought the set yet.