Brother DimDim's Workshop

DimDim

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Welp, been a while.

Honestly its a really long story ill probably end up posting in my Space wolf vlog when I finally update it, as im fairly exhausted at the current moment. Figured I ought to start posting again though, so without further deliberation my test model for my Auxillia:

med_gallery_82040_10175_10489.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_18726.jpg

Solar Auxillia Rifleman

Pfc. Donner of the 9th Infantry Tercio,

1522nd Cohort "The Lord Marshal's Own"

Assault of Anjar

*EDIT: just realized I hadnt painted the tubes on his breastplate, and im unhappy with his eye lenses. Back to the painting table.....

C&C welcome.

DimDim

Edited by DimDim

Welcome back!!! It's been too long since I've seen your username around here. Any chance you'll be participating in this year's Imperial Fist Expansion? We'd love to have you in our fight against the Iron Warriors!

Regarding the SAux dude, the gold/bronze seems just slightly overpowering, as right now it's pretty much just a solid slab of color on the torso and shoulders. Perhaps picking out some of the detail on the chest and shoulders in silver or black might break up the block of color and make the model more appealing to the eye? But I like the scheme overall! :tu:

• 1 month later...

sml_gallery_82040_10175_9780.jpg

So a bit of a recap on my progress as of late, and that is actually not that bad!

Except it is... for the VIIth...

Due to a campaign my buds and I are running, I have put all of my hobby mojo into the creation and painting of my VIth legion forces and its supporting armed branches. As a result expect a huge number of updates on my Space Wolf thread in the near future, including a possible apocalypse battle (albeit a relatively small one). Unfortunately that has left my VIIth forces to gather dust on my shelf, but I still have the desire to finish them and as a result will hopefully have an update on them soon.

In the meantime, one of my "supporting armed branches" for my armies are the knights of House Vyronii, noble and stoic defenders of the imperiums values and with whom I found an instant connection to in the lore.

As a result I hope to replicate the metallic green FW Scheme of the knights and as a result have bought some Tamiya clear green, but am a bit stumped. Im unsure on how to thin and how much I should thin the paint in order to spray it effectively as Ive never personally had any experience with Tamiya paints through an airbrush.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions I would very graciously accept them!

To tie into the narrative drive for our campaign my buds and I have come up with some house rules, including one enabling a knight scion to bail out of his wrecked craft and act as an objective for both forces on the table top. As a result this lad has come into existence:

med_gallery_82040_10175_67328.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_39540.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_82915.jpg

While I know he isn't GW, I really do love the Perry Miniatures 15/16th century stuff to death. He is slightly smaller than the Auxillia troops in their void hardened armour (which I like) and at least a head and a bot shorter than my marines (Which I extremely like).

Any help with the metallic green armour would be appreciated!

DimDim

Edited by DimDim

• 5 months later...

Well, certainly been a while since I last posted here.

Having been swept up in the school year Ive had little time for the hobby, and as a result many of my projects have lagged far behind where I wanted them. So, in an attempt to re start my hobby vigor Ive decided to put a new brand on this little plog to better reflect the more diverse postings I may make here.

Firstly, a little side project to get back into the painting mojo and try out some slight weathering (some chipping and rust streaks):

med_gallery_82040_10175_254012.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_379395.jpg

Brother Sergeant Baptiste of the XIVth legion

Apologies for the washed out photo's, but I think overall this chap was a wild success. Ive always loved the deathguard, so many excellent characters and their defiance in the face of their primarch on istivaan is quite awesome in its own right.

C&C as always,

DimDim

• 2 years later...

So uh...... I've been gone a while, and uh..... I'm doing a thing i guess?

med_gallery_82040_10175_58847.jpeg

DISCLAIMER: These are private pieces, and due to this I am incapable of sharing how I got a hold of these little buggers. However after talking with an admin I have been given permission to pursue my madness in plog form. This is my attempt at making 30k epic at adeptus titanicus scale, or perhaps more to my own and friends preferences a custom ruleset akin to the flames of war rules modified for company and battle group sized actions in the 31st millennium. I will eventually make a rule page, and an actual seperate plog for these buggers. To give scale, the small boys are about adeptus titanicus scale, the larger more close but still under 15mm. This project likely wont kick off for a few more months, but I will start writing rules and the like, and do some test work with these little bastards, thus the lack of dedicated plogs.

Now real talk, which two legions do I do first?

Ancient Battle Brother DimDim