Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - Month 4 - December

Kor'Vesh

---- December ----

Welcome members of the heresy subforum to the Casual 30K hobby challenge for December. This is the fourth month we've run this thread. Things were a bit quieter in November, but we still had some excellent completions. Lets see what we can do in the holiday season!

The aim is simple - to give you a single place to post your newly painted models for your 30K armies, and provide a big heap of encouragement, with a healthy dose of competition.

To join in you make a hobby pledge for the month, and this contibutes to either the Loyalist or Traitor cause. There are two competitions:

1. Pledges - Loyalists and Traitors compete on completed pledges over the month. The more completed pledges the more points you win. You can make a second pledge only once the first is complete, and in doing so you risk your first pledge. That's right - pledges are all or nothing - complete your vows or live in shame (like me sad.png... again )

2. Scores - Every model you pledge to paint is worth points. Once you finish the model and show us you earn points for your faction. These are always safe, so there is always an incentive to keep painting! The scroes are as follows -

Scores

Infantry - 1 point;

Large Infantry (termies, bikes etc.) - 2 points;

Monstrous infantry - 3 points;

Vehicles - 6 points;

Lord of War - 10 points.

At the end of the month I'll tally up the points and pledges to see who wins.

Simple?

I'll post regular updates, so we know the teams, and how things are shaping up.

So brothers and sisters, for the Emperor or for Horus, let see some pledges!

Kor'Vesh, you're a top bloke for running this again! Thanks mate.

I, StruManChu, being of steady hand and increasingly few things to paint (come on, Phalanx Warders! Hurry up and get released!), do solemnly vow to complete a Deimos Pattern Predator Executioner and 10 Breacher Marines for my VII Legion in the month of December...

Thanks for joining in guys, and fair play Castiel - feel free to join in when you have a bit of time. Every model counts! And in the vein....

I Kor'Vesh, sound of mind and body, but with a disturbingly brush averse hand, pledge to FINALLY complete by Salamanders Praetor and two remaining Pyroclasts. For the honour of the XVIIIth legion astartes, I will not fail again!

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11-10163841_zps011def53.jpg

chaplain Crixus the Iron Bull

Built him about a month ago so now ill start basecoating by hand, sadly my airbrush needs a new o-ring.

Depending on how the next week goes I may add an assault squad to my vow but no promises

Blimey Fire Golem, I saw you'd posted and got excited that you might be back in the game! I'm still excited for that first complete SoH!

Nice chaplain Jasp, looking forward to seeing how he progresses.

@Lionofjudah - great to have you aboard. Iron fists - loyalists or traitor?

Blimey Fire Golem, I saw you'd posted and got excited that you might be back in the game! I'm still excited for that first complete SoH!

Nice chaplain Jasp, looking forward to seeing how he progresses.

@Lionofjudah - great to have you aboard. Iron fists - loyalists or traitor?

Haha sorry! I've been so busy lately. I haven't painted anything in ages! Hoping things slow down a bit in the new year though.

Good to see you're back FG =)

I won't be able to do any pledges this month, as i need to paint my XIX Legion Master and my CoC demons this month :<

I'm in the same Boat as Atia, can't really pledge anything but the two models I'm doing for the March and that doesn't feel Casual Challenge worthy since I did it last month with my contemptor. I'll also be leaving on the 19th to travel to the other side of the world for the Holidays (not looking forward to a 20h plane ride...) So I may not even finish with the ~1 week of time I have 'Free'.

Also, glad to see you back, FG! Hopefully your time away has helped you firmly solidify your legion choice :P

Right...im down for the challenge this month..should be able to get some free time thanks to time off work due to xmas..

So for the traitor XII, I pledge a 3 marine command squad..

Pics of w.i.p below.

Good luck everyone

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/Mobile%20Uploads/20141204_205522.jpg

Whut - whut! I hope that helped Raktra, glad to have you and the XIth aboard - I guess you will be batting for team traitor?

Awesome command squad Chaplain Mortis, really brutal. Great progress on the chaplain too Jasp, great to see things moving already!

Archived