DA Battle Reports and Tourney Shenanigans (20/09/2017)

Solrac

Hey guys,

So only one Batrep this week as I had a family dinner. I was challenge to rematch with the Crons player from last week. His same list vs my Terminator list instead. I happily accepted!

Might do a little continuation of story from the last one for a bit of flavour.

Tonights mission was a combo of objectives and kill points but with no secondary objectives. Played on a 6x4 table with Dawn of War deployment. The first objective was placed dead centre then the rest were placed in a line within 12" of each other long ways. Killing a full unit as per normal rules awards 1 VP, holding an objective at the end of the game gives you 2 VP. Old school FOC so no obj secured bonus minimum HQ and 2 troops but anything is scoring/denial. Deployment within 12" of board edge.

My 1000pt Deathwing list:

HQ

Belial
TH/SS

TROOPS

7 DW Terminator Squad Immitis
- 1 TH/SS
- 2 Chainfist
- 1 Heavy Flamer

6 DW Terminator Squad Stratos
- 1 TH/SS
- 1 Chainfist
- 1 Cyclone Missile

ELITES

Ven Dreadnought
- Twin-linked Heavy Flamer
- heavy Flamer

Drop Pod
- Storm Bolter

His 1000pt Necrons list:

HQ

Necron Overlord (goes with Immortals)
+ War Scythe
+ Res Orb

Necron Lord (goes with warriors
+ War Scythe

Cryptek (goes with Immortals)
+ Abyssal Staff

TROOPS

8 Warriors
+ Gauss Flayers

Dedicated: Ghost Ark

8 Immortals
+ Gauss Blasters

Dedicated: Night Scythe

FAST ATTACK

3 Wraiths

HEAVY SUPPORT

Annihilation Barge
+ Gauss Cannon
+ Twin-linked Tesla Destructor

As the twin Land Raider's Hammer of Fury and Anvil of the Emperor transported the survivors from the previous Necron engagement to the Dark Angels forward command base, Brother Rufus opened a channel to the Battlebarge, Ultimate Vengeance, orbiting the planet. "Master Belial, this is Brother Rufus of the Hammer of Fury reporting from the front, sir". "Go ahead "" Belial stated, content to finally be hearing from his forces on the planet.

"Sir, we have evidence that this is indeed a Necron Tomb world. Our forces encountered heavy resistance when investigating Necron movement reported by Scout Sergeant Juvenal. We lost Juvenal, Bernardus, Ludovic and their squads. The Necron resistance was fierce and they had air support. Codicier Solrac was badly wounded and we are transporting him back to base as we speak. Our scanner's report the Necron Commander has rallied to a new location and seems to be amassing his forces once more".

The vox went dead silent.. "Sir?" Brother Rufus reiterated. "Send me those coordinates Rufus. I will deal with this myself"......

DEPLOYMENT

He won the roll of but elected for me to go first. I declared I was going to do a Deathwing Assault and my pod would do a Drop pod Assault so I had nothing on the board.

He deployed his Wraiths in the ruins then his Ghost Ark with warriors to their left and finally the Barge a bit further along.

Deployment

TURN 1

A drop pod blazed through the sky and crashed to the ground scattering closer to the center ruins. Lucius, the Ancient venerated Dreadnought, emerged and moved forward so his flamers were in range of the Necron transport. Belial signaled the go ahead once there was confirmation that Lucius had made contact. Belial teleported next to the Ghost Ark with Sergeant Immitis and his squad using his pinpoint teleporting precision. Sergeant Stratos and his Terminators arrived on the hill with the rear of Annihilation Barge in their sights.

Sergeant Stratos squad's Cyclone Launcher fired and penetrated the Annihilation Barge avoiding one of the missiles in the process. The Barge's shields seemed to flicker and dissipate. Belial ordered dreadnought and Sergeants flamers to attack the barge whilst the rest of the squad pinned down the wraiths. A mass torrent of flame from the 3 combined heavy flamers destroyed 7 Warriors and the Lord embarked on the Barge whilst the Storm Bolter fire from Sergeant Immitis squad wounded the closest wraith. The Drop Pod also opened fire wounding another Wraith.

3 of the Warriors and the Lord on the Ark seemed to reanimate....

The Ghost Ark hummed to life and resurrected another warrior.

The Barge moved forward to get a clearer line of fire on the Dreadnought. The Wraiths moved forward to assault Belial's position.

The Annihilation Barge unleashes as mass volley of snap shots. Tesla and Gauss fire spitting out wildly from it's barrels, none finding their mark. The warriors on the Ark also fired into the Dreadnought however their Gauss weapons were not able to find any weak spots in the Dreadnoughts armour. The Ghost Ark fired one of it's arrays into Belial's unit but the small arms fire bounced harmlessly off their Tactical Dreadnought Armour.

The Wraiths charge!! Reactive fire from the Terminators finish off the 2 wounded Wraiths. Sergeant Immitis Was unable to hit the slippery metal monster and the Wraiths attacks caused no damage in return. Belial casually walked to the front of the group, swung his hammer and smashed the Wraith into the ground. The squad consolidated closer to the Ghost Ark ready to bring it down.

Turn 1 (1)

Turn 1 (2)

Turn 1 (3)

Turn 1 (4)

Turn 1 (5)

Running Score:

DA     = 1
Crons = 0

TURN 2

Sergeant Stratos moves his squad towards the objective but also closer to the Annihilation barge. Lucius stomps closer to the barge as to not expose his rear armour but within range to blaze flames onto the Ghost Ark once more. Belial and his unit in an excellent position, hold.

Again a torrent of flames is unleashed from Brother Lucius and Belials squad onto the Ghost Ark and this time killing all it's occupants. All the metal bodies were so badly damaged that none make it back to their feet. Sergeant Stratos' Cyclone Terminator fires another pair of missiles at the Barge however it managed to jink out of the way at the last second.

Sergeant Stratos declares a charge but the deadly Deathwing unit falls short. Belial and his unit slams into the Ghost Ark. The 2 Chainfist make short work of the lightly armoured transport and it explodes unfortunately catching one of the Terminators in the explosion killing him instantly. Belial turns and looks into the distance. A Nightscythe approaches. The Overlord comes for his reckoning.

The deadly Nightscythe approaches and teleports it's deadly cargo right in front of Belial and his unit. The Overlord and Belial's gazes lock whilst Belial prepares the squad for incoming fire. The Annihilation Barge moves around the ruins with clear line of fire into the dreadnoughts rear armour!

The Annihilation Barge lets out another snap firing volley and again failing to hit Lucius. The Nightscythe did the same, determined to bring the Deathwing walker down. 3 of it's Tesla shots hit but failed to even glance him. The Cryptek fires up his Abyssal Staff and flames Belial's terminators, Their thick Terminator armour saving them from death. The Immortals fire into the Terminators, Gauss shots erupting from their Gauss Blasters. Volley after volley hit the Terminators but all the shots fail to penetrate the near indestructible armour.

Turn 2 (2)

Turn 2 (3)

Turn 2 (4)

Turn 2 (5)

Turn 2 (6)

Running Score:

DA     = 5
Crons = 0

TURN 3

Sergeant Stratos squad moves closer to the objective. They can see in the distance Lucius approaching the Annihilation Barge. Belial moves his unit right up to the Lord and the Immortals as they would be no match for the might of 1st Company in close quarters.

The Cyclone Missiles fire at the Nightscythe but both missiles go wide. The Lucius bathes the barge in flame as he prepares an assault however causes no damage. Belial's squad unleashes the Lion's fury with all their weapons point blank into the Overlords squad. Only one Immortal was slain but seemed to rise back up as if unharmed.

Lucius charges and slams into the barge damaging it on the way in from the impact. It grabs hold of it with it's mighty powerfist and breaks it in two as if it made of plastic. Belial and the Terminators charge into the Immortals. Overwatch fire bouncing off them or going wide. Belial yells out a challenge to the Overlord who accepts. Sergeant Immitis fails to cause any damage with his Power Sword. The immortals hit back but have nothing to penetrate the Deathwing armour. The Terminators unleash their fury destroying 5 Immortals. Their weapons ripping through them with ease.

Belial circles the Overlord, unsure of what strategy it had in mind. The Necron Overlord stood but a head higher than Belial but was slow and cumbersome compared to the Grand Master. Belial waited.. the Overlord lashed out with his Warscythe. Belial dodging two of the blows and parrying the third with his shield. Belial effortlessly swings his hammer with a mighty vengeance hitting the Overlord twice and badly wounding the Xenos filth.

With the Overlords squad laying in tatters, he opts for a tactical withdrawal and flees the battlefield. The overlord conceding to the Dark Angels and calling his Nightscythe back.

Turn 3 (1)

Turn 3 (2)

Turn 3 (3)

Turn 3 (4)

Turn 3 (5)

Final Score:

DA    = 8
Crons = 0

CONCLUSION

So it was a considerable fun game and my opponent learnt a lot about what an all Terminator army could do. I must admit that I didn't think that my army would do so well however he was rolling pretty bad. He only rolled one 6 once when firing his Tesla and was rolling really bad for his reanimation.

He didn't really like his Wraiths but used them just as a points filler. I told him that the game would have been very different if he had a second Ghost Ark full of Warriors and I think in general his army could use the extra redundancy.

This win has put me at 25 points in the league with the closest player (still the Necron Player I just played) at 20 points. Next week is the last week and I might go with a Ravenwing list built around the Dakka banner as my Sammael model finally arrived on Thursday.

Anyways as always hope you all enjoyed.

Great battle report as ever.:biggrin.: It was shown to the Necro player that DA can still chew him up better with TDA than with Land Raider hehe. :wink:

Question: Do you think that in any of the games you rathr have Belial with his sword instead of Hammer?

Edited by Chaplain Lucifer

I don't have a SS/SB Belial model :S and I like using him as an extra Storm Shielding tank. Might have to get the finecast Belial and have a play with it I think or convert another model.

Besides that an AP3 Fleshbane sword doesn't really appeal to me unless Im fighting Wraithguard/lords/knights and even then he's most likely to die before getting into combat. I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and try it one day.

Hey guys,

So tonight was the last night of the League and...... no spoilers, you will have to read the batreps to know how I went :tongue.:

Tonight's mission was a weird one and I'm glad I didn't do a Deathwing list for it.

It was an objective mission with some special rules. Here is a diagram of the layout played ona 6x4 (it won't be to scale, just hard to explain the layout):

Mission Map

The Red Dots are the objectives and the semi circles in the corners are the deployment zones which are supposed to be 24" semi circle from the corner. Hopefully you get the idea :tongue.:

The special rule for this mission is:

Temporal Shift

On turn 1 the following rules apply:

+1 Armour save to all units (a roll of '1' still fails)

-1 to the damage result table to all vehicles

All Deepstriking units MUST scatter 3d6"

Temporal shift disappears in Turn 2 on a roll of 2+ and automatically leaves Turn 3.

No Secondary Objectives, no Mysterious Objectives and no Night Fighting. Objectives are worth 3 VP at the end of the game.

I have 2 batreps to write. This time around they will be less story driven as I am going to be very busy this weekend and I just want to write them down as I didn't take notes this time and I have to remember from the pics.

My 1000pt Ravenwing list was as follows:

Note: The Ravenwing bikes are combat squaded, I separated them on the list to show this. I didn't have the meltas to do min squads with 2 meltas each and I was already doing enough proxy as it was.

HQ

Sammael

(5) Ravenwing Command Squad

+ Apothecary

+ Grenade Launcher

+ Standard of Devastation

TROOPS

(3) Ravenwing Bikes RW1

+ 1x meltagun

+ Combi-melta

+ Melta Bombs

(3) Ravenwing Bikes RW2

+ 1x meltagun

(1) Attack Bike AB1

+ Multi-melta

(3) Ravenwing Bikes RW3

+ 1x meltagun

+ Combi-melta

+ Melta Bombs

(3) Ravenwing Bikes RW4

+ 1x meltagun

(1) Attack Bike AB2

+ Multi-melta

My opponents 1000pt Dark Eldar Army:

HQ

Archon

+ Shadowfield

+ Splinter Pistol

+ Crazy Whip (Poison 4+, AP3)

ELITE

(3) Incubi

Raider

+ Dark Lance

+ Nightshield

TROOPS

(5) Kalabite Warriors KW1

+ Splinter Rifles

Venom V1

+ 2x Splinter Cannons

+ Flicker Field

(5) Kalabite Warriors KW2

+ Splinter Rifles

Venom V2

+ 2x Splinter Cannons

+ Flicker Field

FAST ATTACK

(6) Jetbikes

+ 2x Heat Lance

HEAVY SUPPORT

Talos

+ Twin-linked Splinter Cannon

Ravager RV1

+ 3x Dark Lance

+ Nightshield

Ravager RV2

+ 3x Dark Lance

+ Nightshield

DEPLOYMENT

Deployment

I won the roll off and decided to go first. I deployed modestly on the edge of my deployment zone. RW1 and RW2 to the north to go around the long way, Atttack Bikes in the ruins and the rest ready to charge forward.

The DE counter deployed as pictured.

Scout Move

I made my Scout move (picture above) and he did not Seize the Initiative.

TURN 1

The Ravenwing surge forward after their Scout move in a nice gun line, Attack Bikes hiding behind the ruins out of sight.

Most of the Ravenwing were still out of range. Sammael shoots at the Raider causing it to jink however the jink saves it from any damage. The Talos takes a wound from the Boltguns of RW1 at the top.

The Talos moves forward his sights on the Command Squad. The jetbikes move into the ruins and all the Dark Elder Vehicle move down my right flank.

The Raider moves flat out further down my right flank and the Jetbikes Turbo Boost to my left heading towards RW1 and RW2. The combined fire from the 2 Ravagers, Talos and 2 Venoms only inflict an amazing amount of wounds on the Command Squad but thanks to the +1 Armour save of Temporal Shift, Sammael is the only one that takes a wound from a Dark Lance shot after tanking 4 of them.

Turn 1 (1)

Turn 1 (2)

Turn 1 (3)

TURN 2

We rolled for Temporal Shift and scored a "3" so it ends.

The Command Squad together with RW3 and RW4 close the gap and plough through the terrain to get close to all the vehicles. The Attack Bikes smash into the ruins getting ready to fire on the Talos, One of the Attack Bikes fails a Dangerous Terrain Test and loses a wound. RW1 and RW2 get ready to wreak havoc on the Jetbikes coming very close to them.

Sammael fires his Cannon into the Ravager and also hitting the Venom close to it. The Venom makes it's Flicker Field save and Sammael scores a Weapon Destroyed on RV2. The Command Squad failed to cause any further damage due to RV2 jinking all over the place. RW4 shoots it's melta that RV1 (just outside of melta range). He doesn't jink so I score a Weapon Destroyed on RV2. RW1 shoots a melta, combi-melta and the last rider throws a Krak Grenade. He jinks and avoids all the shots. Both Attack Bikes kill the wounded Talos! RW1 and RW2 fire into the jetbikes. They jinked but still managed to kill 2 and they pass the leadership.

RW1 and RW2 slam into the jetbikes killing one with Hammer of Wrath. The Jetbikes are unable to cause any damage. The Ravenwing kill another bike in close combat. I won the combat but he made his Leadership and the elected to Hit and Run which he passed. The jetbikes moved 10" forward and the Ravenwing consolidate. Sammael and the command squad charge the RV1 and destroys it with a mass number of Corvus Hammer attacks. It explodes but doesn't cause any damage. RW4 fails it's charge against the other Ravager. RW1 charges into the Raider and knocks off a hull point with Hammer of Wrath. The meltabombs from the Sergeant then cause an immobilised result.

Venom 2 moves forward and next to the ruin. The remaining Ravager shuffles across to where Venom 2 was with Venom 1 shuffling up next to him. The Incubi and Archon hop out of the raider. The Jetbikes continue moving forward out of bolter range.

The Ravager knocks a wound off of Sammael with it's Dark Lances. Venom 1 manages to inflict 6 wounds on the Command Squad. I then fail 4 armour saves and fail 4 Feel No Pain rolls. The Command Squad is no more.... Venom 2 moves Flat Out straight passed the Raider and closing onto an objective.

The Archon and Incub charge into RW4. All of them manage to either miss or fail to wound! Biggest wiff if I ever saw one. RW4 fails to do any damage in return. I choose to Hit and Run and pass my roll Moving about 10" back and the Archon and retinue move into cover.

Turn 2 (1)

Turn 2 (2)

Turn 2 (3)

Turn 2 (4)

Turn 2 (5)

Turn 2 (6)

Turn 2 (7)

TURN 3

RW1 moves within melta range of Venom 2. The Attack Bikes move forward within melta range of the Ravager. RW2 moves forward closer to the ruins. RW3 moves closer to the Ravager and finally RW4 moves across in front of an objective.

The Attack Bikes fire into the Ravager. It jinks but mange to cause a Stunned result. RW3 finished off the Ravager with the meltagun. It explodes but fails to cause any damage. RW2 and RW4 fire into the Archon and Retinue but makes all his Armour and Cover saves. RW1 fires into Venom 1. It doesn't jink but makes it's Flicker Field save.

RW1 fails to charge Venom 1.

The Archon and his Incubi move closer to RW3. Venom 1 moves 12" and parks next to Venom 2. The jetbikes move onto one of the objectives on the opposite end of the board.

Venom 1 Fires into RW1 and kills one of the bikers. Venom 2 fires into the wounded Attack Bike killing it. The occupants of both Venoms fire and snap fire into RW4 but I make my saves.

The Archon and Incubi charge into RW3 and Annihilate the unit before they get to attack.

Turn 3 (1)

Turn 3 (2)

Turn 3 (3)

Turn 3 (4)

TURN 4

The Attack Bike moves in behind the Immobilised Raider. RW1 moves forward within rapid fire range of the Archon. RW2 moves forward and does the same. RW4 shuffles right to the next objective.

The Attack Bike fires at Venom 1. He doesn't jink the melta misses but score 2 glaces with the Boltguns destroying it. KW1 passes it's pinning test. RW4 fires into Venom 2. It jinks and saves all the shots. RW1 amd RW2 shoots into the Archon but only manage to kill 1 Incubi.

RW4 charges the Venom, overwatch fire killing one of the bikes on the way in. hammer of Wrath scores a glance then the Venom is brought down by Krak Grenades. KW2 hops out and they pass their pinning check.

The Archon separates from the Incubi moving closer to RW2. The incubi close the gap on RW1.

Both groups of Kabalite Warriors fire into RW4 killing one of the bikers.

The Archon charges into RW2 and destroys the unit before they attack. The Incubi charge RW1 and their Power Weapons cleave through the bikes with ease.

Turn 4 (1)

Turn 4 (2)

Turn 4 (3)

TURN 5

The last Bike from RW4 moves back onto it's objective. The Attack Bikes moves forward towards the other objective and the Turbo Boosts onto it to secure it.

The Bike fires onto KW2 but misses.   

The Kabalite squads move forward to contest the objective. The Archon joins back with the Incubi and they move and run forward.

The Kabalites fire into the last bike and kill him.

Turn 5 (1)

Turn 5 (2)

The game ends for a Dark Eldar Victory.

Final Score:

DA = 3

DE = 6

CONCLUSION

So I made a lot of costly mistakes.I knew I would though having never played Ravenwing before.

I should have actually focused the Venoms first as he was only making 2 out 3 Dark Lance shots when he wasn't jinking. Also all the jinking their transports do really hurts and all the 4+ poison firepower but then again thats Dark Eldar. I was way to aggressive with the Command Squad should have sent the other squads in ahead to assault the Ravager's and stayed back and shot more with the Plasma Talons.

If I was to play against this army again I would probably run the Command Squad, 3 min squads with meltas and 2 Typhoons. The Typhoons to harras the Ravagers and force them to jink whilst the bikes go in close to kill the venoms.

So I lost. What does this mean in the league? I was only ahead by 5 points last week. Did I still end up clinching the overall win? Did the Dark Angels prevail for the Lion and the Emperor?

No spoilers....... find out in the next batrep :tongue.:

Edited by Solrac

I agree that there were some costly mistakes, but that command squad going down to 4 failed saves and 4 failed FNp saves was also a big turn for the worse.

I think you went too agressively. With my Ravenwing I like to keep them close and go for a flank, then turbo boost and go for another if things go south on the flank I was in. It always pays to have your whole army vs a fraction of the opponent and concentrate your fire on the biggest threats to the bikes.  Also, keep enemies at arm's lenght which means soemtimes you have to resist the temptation to charge and mop up because the price can be too high if you are caught in CC.

Cheers!

Alright second batrep. Same mission as above.

Sorry about the flash on the photos, forgot my proper camera again.

My 1000pt Ravenwing was the same as before:

Note: The Ravenwing bikes are combat squaded, I separated them on the list to show this. I didn't have the meltas to do min squads with 2 meltas each and I was already doing enough proxy as it was.

HQ

Sammael

(5) Ravenwing Command Squad
+ Apothecary
+ Grenade Launcher
+ Standard of Devastation

TROOPS

(3) Ravenwing Bikes RW1
+ 1x meltagun
+ Combi-melta
+ Melta Bombs

(3) Ravenwing Bikes RW2
+ 1x meltagun

(1) Attack Bike AB1
+ Multi-melta

(3) Ravenwing Bikes RW3
+ 1x meltagun
+ Combi-melta
+ Melta Bombs

(3) Ravenwing Bikes RW4
+ 1x meltagun

(1) Attack Bike AB2
+ Multi-melta

My opponents 1000pt Space Wolves list:

HQ

Rune Priest

ELITES

(5) Wolf Guard Terminators
+ 2x Thunder Hammer and Stormshield
+ 1x Wolf Claws
+ 1x Heacy Flamer and Power Fist
+ 1x Storm Bolter and Power Fist

TROOPS

(10) Grey Hunters Pack GH1
+ 2x Melta Guns
+ Wolf Standard
+ Close Combat Weapons

Rhino

(10) Grey Hunters Pack GH2
+ 2x Plasma Guns
+ Close Combat Weapons

Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT

(5) Long Fangs
+ 2x Lascannons
+ 2x Missile Launchers

Razorback
+ Twin-linked Lascannons

DEPLOYMENT

Deployment

I won the roll and deployed in the ruins whilst he counter deployed in the open. His Terminators were in reserve to deepstrike.

I didn't Scout this time and good thing too cause he Seized the Initiative!!!

TURN 1

The two Rhinos rumbled forward their 12" whilst the Razorback moved 6" and let the Long Fangs and the Rune Priest out.

The Rune Priest tried to cast Prescience on the Long Fangs but failed.

Both Rhino's moved Flat Out to get a better firing position next turn. The Long Fangs snap fired into the Ravenwing but missed. THe Razorback fired also but the shot was saved by Sammael Night Halo.

The Ravenwing moved forward again in a firing line. This time keeping as many close to the banner as possible.

The Attack Bikes fired into the Rhino containing GH2 and Immobolised it. RW2 fired it's bolters into the Long Fangs but all shots were saved. Sammael through a Plasma Cannon shot and managed to kill one. RW1 Turbo boosted into the ruins hoping to pop a Rhino next turn. RW3 and RW4 to Sammaels left Turbo boosted closer to the ruins.

Turn 1 (1)

Turn 1 (2)

Turn 1 (3)

Turn 1 (4)

Turn 1 (5)

TURN 2

Temporal Rift disappeared but the Terminators failed to arrive.

GH2 disembarked from their busted Rhino, The second Rhino moved forward whilst the rest of his army stood still.

The Rube Priest failed to cast Prescience. 

Everything that was in range fired into the Command Squad. Sammael took 2 wounds and I lost 2 Black Knights.

The 2 Attack Bikes closed in on GH2 now within melta range of their Rhino. Sammael and the Command Squad did the same. RW1 jumped the wall and closed in on the Razorback. RW2 moved up within an inch of GH1's Rhino. RW3 and RW4 moved forward but stayed within banner range.

The furthest attack bike fired into the Rhino and caused it to explode but causing no damage. THe Second attack bike fired into GH2 and melta one Grey Hunter. Sammael Plasma Cannon flew wide. One of the Black Knights fired a Stasis Grenade into the Grey Hunters hitting them and reducing their WS and I by 1. The Plasma Talons killed another 4 Grey Hunters even after going to ground. They passed their leadership test. RW1 fired a melta, combi-melta and Krak Grenade into the Razorback and exploding it. RW2 manage to only get a Crew Shaken result with it's melta. RW3 and RW4 fired their bolters into the Long Fangs killing 3. The lone Long Fang passing his leadership test.

Sammael, his squad and an Attack Bike slammed into GH2, no casualties to Hammer of Wrath. Sammael went first and took down 4 Grey Hunters with the Raven Sword. The final Grey Hunter fell to multiple rends from the Corvus Hammer's.The COmmand Squad and Attack Bike consolidated only a couple of inches each. RW2 assaulted the Rhino but failed to do any further damage.

Turn 2 (1)

Turn 2 (2)

Turn 2 (3)

Turn 2 (4)

Turn 2 (5)

TURN 3

The Terminators arrived and landed on an objective very close to RW1. THe RHino backed up and let it's Grey Hunter's out. THe last Long Fang stood still whilst the Rune Priest moved around to get behind the exploded Razorback.

The Rune Priest failed to cast Prescience once more.

The Grey Hunter's shot everything they had into RW2 but failed to cause any casualties. The Terminators flamed the Sergeant from RW1 to death. The Long Fang Shot at RW4 with kis Lascannon but missed.

All the Ravenwing converged onto the middle ruin whilst the first Attack Bike surged forward to take out the Long Fang whilst the second one sized up the Rune Priest. The first attack bike melted the Long Fang whilst the second missed the Rune Priest and the bolters bounced of his armour. The Ravenwing Grenade Launcher lobbed a RAD grenade into the Terminators. 3 of them died from the combined fire of Sammael. the Command Squad and RW1. Subsequently RW2, RW3 and RW4 unleashed a hail of Dakka Banner bolts into the Grey Hunter pack killing 7 of them. They passed their leadership check.

RW2 charged into the Grey Hunters and manged to kill one however the Grey Hunter's killed a Biker in turn.

Turn 3 (1)

Turn 3 (2)

Turn 3 (3)

TURN 4

The Rune Priest moved closer to the Attack Bike ready to charge. The Terminators closed on RW2.

The Rune Priest tried to cast Prescience but failed. (Kept rolling really low warp charges)

The Rhino fired it's Storm Bolter at te Command Squad but failed to wound.

The Rune Priest charged into the attack bike. He fended off the Bikes attacks before cleaving and killing both riders with his Runic Axe. The Terminators failed to charge into RW1. The battle continued between RW2 and the Grey Hunters but neither managed to cause any casualties.

Sammael and the Command Squad circled the Rune Priest. RW1 and RW3 moved closer to the Terminators whilst RW4 moved to within an inch of the Rhino. The Attack Bike moved back to capture an objective,

The Attack Bike Turbo boosted to take the closest objective. The Command Squad unleashed their Talons and Krak Grenades int the Rune Priest and killed him. RW1 and RW3 fired their meltas into the Terminators killing them both. RW4 caused another shaken result on the Rhino with the melta.

RW4 charged into the Rhino and glanced it's final Hull Point with some Krak Grenades. RW2 and the Grey Hunters failed to inflict wounds on each other once more.

The Space Wolf player conceded defeat!

Turn 4 (1)

Turn 4 (2)

Turn 4 (3)

CONCLUSION

It was my friends first time using his Space Wolves and he brought the only thing he had available to play with. We talked about his tactics after the game just to give him an idea on how to beat a fast mobile army like this.

For the League though a win is a win.

After having a crushing defeat in the first game......

I still managed to win overall! Was very stoked to how well my Deathwing performed throught this whole thing as they were the ones that gave me most of the victories. I came out of this league with 12 wins and 2 losses which was a pretty fair effort with a mostly low model count army.

This league was a practice for the one day Tournament happening on the 7th Feb. I'm glad I won the league as sadly I won't be able to play in the Tournament.

Gonna have a break next week from gaming as we fix up some of the terrain for the tournament howrever this gives me more time to paint.

Not sure when the next league is starting yet but I want to try and get some 2000pt games in to try out my 2000pt Deathwing List for a Tournament in May.

Hope you guys enjoyed.

I agree that there were some costly mistakes, but that command squad going down to 4 failed saves and 4 failed FNp saves was also a big turn for the worse.

I think you went too agressively. With my Ravenwing I like to keep them close and go for a flank, then turbo boost and go for another if things go south on the flank I was in. It always pays to have your whole army vs a fraction of the opponent and concentrate your fire on the biggest threats to the bikes.  Also, keep enemies at arm's lenght which means soemtimes you have to resist the temptation to charge and mop up because the price can be too high if you are caught in CC.

Cheers!

Yeah learnt that lesson the hard way. I should have darted around the ruins with Sammael and his group after laying out a volley rather than charging the Ravager. Though the whole time I was just thinking "Charge them, they don't get their jink in CC". Even when the Command Squad died if I had killed the Venom's first I could have still pulled it off. 12 Splinter shots each at 36" really hurts not to mention the 5 crew onboard also. Weight of fire, I should have known better.

Thanks for the feedback though Lucifer, always appreciated :smile.:

Edited by Solrac

So last night it was official! Winner of the latest 1000pt 40k league at my local!

Just for some stats, I won 12 out of 14 games. Out of those 1000pt games I ran:

Won 7 of 8 games with pure Deathwing list

Won 2 of 2 games with Dual LRC list

Won 2 of 2 games with Deathwing/Greeenwing list

Won 1 of 2 games with pure Ravenwing list

First Prize was a 40k Special Edition carry case! Was so stoked as I was looking to get a new case soon anyway! Bonus is half of the foam in this case is pluck foam so I can make it custom for my Imperial Knight :smile.:

Next league starts in 2 weeks and will be a Kill Team. We had an amazing time in the kill team league last year, I'll definitely do some batreps for these.

Happy gaming, for the Lion and the Emperor!

Edited by Solrac

That's amazing. Congrats on the win.

I have enjoyed your batreps immensely - more so maybe because they were 1k points, where there is no room for excess fat.

Cheers

I

Hey Guys,

So only played one game last night and was teaching a couple of people how to play so no batrep for that one.

I did however pick up our player packs for a new league starting next week called Task Force. It is a fully custom kill team league and it will go for 6 weeks. Should be able to write some awesome batreps. Had a fantastic time in this league last year. There will be a mini 1 day Tournament at the end of the 6 weeks where you pit your team against others in a variety of missions.

Task Force 2015 Info:

Rules

- 200pt Force limit

- All miniatures must be WYSIWYG

- Non-GW models are allowed as long as they are WYSIWYG

- Required to play 1 game per week, catch up games are allowed if you miss some.

- Additional games may be played however you only get experience bonuses etc from the first game

- Any rule, unit, upgrade or psychic power that generates additional models have no affect

- Any unit that MUST start in reserve cannot be taken, this includes flyers

- No allies or Fortifications

- No Forgeworld units allowed but the models can still be used e.g Death Korps of Krieg used as a Guardsman

- No rules from 40k expansions can be used e.g Apocalypse, Planetstrike, Cities of Death, Crusade of Fire and Spear Head

- You may use any current Codex, Supplement and official updates in White Dwarf

- There is no Force Org Chart and whole units do not need to be taken. Follow the Unit Selection guidelines (more on this below)

- You may retire your force at any time by wiping all your units and starting again from scratch.

- Every model is its own separate unit

- Models are free to split attack as they see fit and this includes shooting attacks

- All models must be deployed at the start of the game

- All games must use the mission supplied (see below)

- Players should have a way of telling figures apart from poses to numbering shoulder pads or bases

Injuries

If a model is removed from play for any reason it is considered injured. At the start of every game roll a D6 on the table below to see the status of your injured model:

D6 result:

1 - 2 = Full Recovery: The model may take part in the coming game. Do not roll on this table until the model is injured again.

3 - 5 = He is a Bleeder: The model is still inujured and may not take part in this game. Roll on this table again before the next game.

6 = He's Dead Jim: The model is permanently removed from your roster

Mercenaries

You can take 1 Mercenary for every 10 points of models not taking part in this game due to injury. Any Mercenaries taken permanently replace a model that has died and removed from your roster e.g a 20pt Marine dies and removed from your roster you gain 2 permanent Mercenaries. Mercenaries can gain experience. Mercenaries have the stats of an Imperial Guardsman but have 4+ Save, Bolter, Las Pistol and Frag Grenades.

Unit Selection

- No HQ or Heavy Support choices may be taken. This includes units that do not take a Force Org Slot e.g Techmarine

- Your Task Force will be made up of SIngle Figures selected from 1 Codex

- Psychic Powers are rolled for at the of your first game and are kept for the entirety of the league

- 200 pts limit

- Chapter Tactics and other Formation rules are not used

- Select your figures for adding members to a squad. If unable to, divide the points for the squad by the number of units to find a points cost.

- If you want to take upgrade units (e.g Sergeants) you must take the minimum squad and one of them can be a Sergeant. E.g To take a Scout Sergeant you must pay for the minimum 5 Scouts.

The following restrictions to selecting your models apply:

- Troops: Compulsory 3 Troops

- Troops: Maximum 9 additional Troop Choices

- Elites: Maximum 3 Elite Choices

- Fast Attack: Maximum 2 Fast Attack Choices. This includes any unit not in the Fast Attack slot of your codex that has a special movement ability e.g Bike, Jump Pack, jet Pack etc but does not include vehicles.

- Armour: Maximum 2 Models with: 2+ Armour, Models with 2 or 3 Wounds or a Vehicle with its facings adding up to 33 or less (Vehicles with facings adding up to 34 or more may not be taken) 

- Special Weapons: Up to 4 Special Weapon choices (Any weapons that a model comes with as standard do not count towards this total)

- Heavy Weapons: Up to 2 Heavy Weapons. This includes any weapon that is the "Heavy" type, any weapon that fires more than 4 shots in a round, If a model has a Psychic Shooting attack and Shuriken Cannons. Sniper Rifles are counted in the Special Weapons category.

Note: Any single Model can cant towards multiple restrictions. E.g A Tau Crisis Suit with a Plasma Rifle will count as one of your Elite, Fast Attack, Armour and Special Weapon choices.

Mission

Table Set Up

- The mission is played on a 3' x 3' table

- Players alternate placing terrain until 50% to 75% of the board is covered

- 5 Objectives are used. 4 objectives are placed 8" from each corner directly towards the table centre and the final objective placed in the centre

Start of Game

- Players roll to see who goes first as per 7th edition rules

- Player to win the roll off chooses their table corner and the opponent deploys directly opposite

- Players then move models with any special deployment rules e.g Deep Streik, Scout, Infiltrate etc. For each rule that model has you can move D6 inches. E.g a Space Marine Scout has Scout and Infiltrate so may move 2D6 inches before the game starts.

- Players may now roll to seize the initiative

Mission Special Rules

- Night Fighting and Mysterious Objectives are in affect

- If at the start of your turn you control 3 objectives you win the game

- If at the start of your turn you have lost more than 50% of your models then each survivor takes a morale check. If they fail, they fall back towards the closest board edge. If they touch the board edge they are removed from play. This morale check is taken every turn your Force is below 50% until there is a winner.

- If your opponent cannot control as many objectives as you (e.g you hold 2 objectives and they have only 1 model left) at the end of their turn you win the game.

- All non-vehicle models are scoring and denial units.

- Tyranids ignore the instinctive behaviour rule

- Only Units for which a dedicated transport is bought may embark on that transport. Only 1 model may be embarked at a time.

- You may not charge turn 1

- All models operate as individual units

- Models may not use the independent character rule

- A model that may enter reserves may still do so however cannot start in reserve

Experience

- Models gain 1 Experience point for each game they participate in

- Models gain 3 Experience points for each enemy model they remove from play

- Models gain 1 skill roll from 1 of 4 tables for every 6 experience points (there are too many to list but include stat increases to gaining special rules and abilities already in the game or completely made up).

- Vehicles cannot gain experience

Edited by Solrac

Ok so as per the rules above this will be the first list I'm going to use. Hopefully I have all bases covered. Will come up with names for them in due time :smile.:

Ravenwing Black Knight "Skidmark"

Skills Gained: 

Ravenwing Black Knight "Rumbler"

Skills Gained:

Company Veteran "Fast Draw"

Skills Gained:

Company Veteran "Bulletproof"

Skills Gained

Tactical Marine "Bazooka"

+ Missile Launcher

Skills Gained:

Tactical Marine "Salvo"

+ Heavy Bolter

Skills Gained:

Tactical Marine "Blaster"

+ Plasma Gun

Skills Gained:

Edited by Solrac

My only thought is that you don't have much for heavy/special weapons in the list. Perhaps a heavy bolter would go far?

Yeah I pondered for quite sometime whether to stick in an extra marine with Heavy Weapon or go with the Rhino. Last year mobility was everything and thought a Flamer Veteran using the Rhino as his personal Mobile pillbox would be a good asset but we will see how we go. I can always wipe my list, start again and play some catch up games if I need to.

The Rhino does have his uses. There will be loads of cover on the board and Night fighting turn 1 means I can pop smoke launchers and get 4+ cover. I can also use him to ram other vehicles with a S8 hit (Half Armour rounding up = 6 + 1 for Tank +1 for Dozer Blade) and tank shocking troops.

Kill Team league starts tonight so hope to have a couple of cool batreps for you guys. I've also changed my list around. The more I thought about it the more I didn't like the idea of the Rhino. Amended list is above.

I gave all my guys names from the old school GI Joe cartoons :P

Edited by Solrac

Hey guys,

Back from the Tournament and I have to say I have not been this tired after a weekend since I used to work Retail at Christmas time. I've got heaps of photos I split them up per game and write a bit about it so you guys know what happened. Unfortunately I won't be writing them up as batreps as I couldn't take any notes as the 2.5hr time limit was pretty tight and had to really push myself to remember to take photos.

All in all was an excellent first Tournament experience for me. Had a blast just playing higher points that I normally play on some really nice tables and to top it off I had really awesome opponents, all very friendly and great players.

I won only 1 out of 5 played (my 6th game was a bye) but had loads of fun nevertheless. Next time I'll make sure I take a more competitive list.

I've split the game up into spoiler expand tags cause there are heaps of photos. Enjoy.

Game 1

Game 1 I was up against a pretty cool Eldar army and lots of firepower. I didn't deploy my Knight very well (not having played one before didn't help) which saw him deploy his whole army in the opposite corner and took a turn for the Knight to get over there. I paid for that mistake heavily. He ignored my Knight and poured fire into my Termies. The Knight did end up getting most of the kills at the end. Very close game at the end I lost 7 to 6.

Deathwing vs. Red Eldar (1).JPG

Deathwing vs. Red Eldar (2).JPG

Deathwing vs. Red Eldar (3).JPG

Deathwing vs. Red Eldar (4).JPG

Deathwing vs. Red Eldar (5).JPG

Deathwing vs. Red Eldar (6).JPG

Game 2

Game 2 was against a tremendously scary Nid army. 3 Flying Hive Tyrants, 2 Hive Crones, 1 Harpy, 30 Hormagaunts, 30 Gargoyles (which get recycled on a 4+), Mauloc, 2 Lictors and 3 Warriors and man did they all keep me on my toes. I had an amazing first 2 turns. By the end of Turn 2 I have only lost 1 Terminator and I had killed a Hive Tyrant, Lictor, Warriors and heaps of Gaunts and Gargoyles. However my opponent soon worked out that vector striking me was working the best and with nothing to take down 5 flyers I was pretty much helpless. By the end I had 3 Termies left and he brought down his 5 flyers to take 5 objectives.

The Knight was wreaking havoc through his lines but was still take damage. A lone Lictor charged him with 3 hull points left in an attempt to just slow him down. I thought hey no probs. He charged me and inflicted 1 HP, then I whiffed my rolls and the Stomps. My turn for combat, The Lictor gets 2 rends. All over red rover and the Lictor went down in a blaze of Strength D glory from the explosion. Was unbelievable but quite funny.

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (1).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (2).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (3).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (4).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (5).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (6).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (7).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (8).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (10).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (11).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (12).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (13).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (14).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (15).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (16).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (17).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (18).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (19).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (20).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (21).JPG

Deathwing vs. Tyranids (22).JPG

Game 3
Game 3 was against a very tough Dark Eldar army. Lots of Venoms, lots and lots of posion shots it was crazy. I didn't have enough firepower to try and make them all jink and the Riader and 2 Ravagers. I tried to play the objectives more but was simply out gunned. The Knight went down in a blaze of glory when the Warlord with the Webway portal finally showed up turn 4 with a unit of Scourges rocking some melta weapons. It was game over from there.

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (1)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (2)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (3)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (4)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (5)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (6)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (7)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (8)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (9)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (10)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (11)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (12)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (13)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (14)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (15)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (16)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (17)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (18)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (19)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (20)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (21)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (22)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (23)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (24)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (25)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (26)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (27)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (28)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (29)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (30)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (31)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (32)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (33)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (34)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (35)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (36)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (37)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (38)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (39)

Deathwing Vs. Dark Eldar (40)

Deathwing vs. Dark Eldar (41).JPG

Deathwing vs. Dark Eldar (42).JPG

Deathwing vs. Dark Eldar (43).JPG

Deathwing vs. Dark Eldar (44).JPG

Deathwing vs. Dark Eldar (45).JPG

Deathwing vs. Dark Eldar (46).JPG

Deathwing vs. Dark Eldar (47).JPG

Deathwing vs. Dark Eldar (48).JPG

Game 4

Game 4 was against an Eldar Exodites themed army. Although not painted the conversions were awesome and can't wait to see it finished. I actually ended up tabling my opponent Turn 4 and the game continued to Turn 5 so I could get max points. I dropped Belial and his unit onto one of his objectives and burned out the building full of Rangers and preceded to hold the line. The command squad went after the Relic in the Center and flush out the Rangers there after the Knight had a go of them in close combat. The Knight went through his army like a wrecking ball, was finally good to see him not whiff his charges and attacks. He managed to take 3 HPs but killed my opponents Wraithknight and one of the Wraithlords as well as a few jetbkes and Rangers.

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (1).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (2).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (3).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (4).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (5).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (6).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (7).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (8).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (9).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (10).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (11).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (12).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (13).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (14).JPG

Deathwing vs. Eldar Exodites (15).JPG

Game 5

My last game was against a beautifully painted Eldar army. 4 Wave Serpents, Reapers, big unit of Wraithguard, Harlies, War Walkers and leading the charge was Eldrad. This army was tough as he managed to get invisibility. I went around it as much as possible targeting units next to to force scatters which worked once or twice. Biggest pain, the Knight managed to charge the War Walkers turn 1 then continued to be stuck there until of my opponents turn 3 (he went first). Timing was good so I could get him stuck into combat again but that one Turn of mine spent with the Walkers again I could have had him in combat with the Wraithguard and would have changed the result of the game.

Man of the match was the Standard of Fortitude bearer. He held the line in between the other 2 squads holding objectives for 2 turns. 2 Turns of being shot at by absolutely everything in range (3 Serpents, Reapers etc.). I made some awesome saves however wasn't enough. Belial the only one left standing at the end defiantly charging  Eldrad's squad on Turn 6 because why not.

The Knight still managed a fair bit of damage and took out the rest of Harlies when he exploded.

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (1).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (2).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (3).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (4).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (5).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (6).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (7).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (8).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (9).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (10).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (11).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (12).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (13).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (14).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (15).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (16).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (17).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (18).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (19).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (20).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (21).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (22).JPG

Deathwing vs. Green Eldar (23).JPG

With DE it's hard to go against Eldar time and time again. FMC are Also not easy to deal with... you had unlucky pairings but I guess in a tournament you will always face tough opponents.

but at least you had fun, win or lose and that is the main part.

I think I have to get me a knight. He was your MVP in all games I think.

@egon1six: Next Tournament I will go to will probably be June/July. Might have a crack at March10ks dual Land Raider list or a Ravenwing list if I can buy the models in time.

@Lucifer: The Knight was definitely the MVP in every game and added that extra damage output that I lacked. I wouldn't have had those couple of close games if I didn't bring him. I really didn't go there to win just to play some good games and meet new people. Most of the people there attend all the tournaments up and down the coast from Sydney to Newcastle so I will probably see them again.

@DarkAngeal: Lictor's a strength 6 so with the 6 + D3 of the rend it's pretty much an auto glance on the Knights front armour of 13. I had to play the objectives to have any chance in winning. Knowing what I know now I would prefer to squeeze in 2 Assault Cannons into the 10 man squad rather than flamers. I would probably drop the Fort Banner as it got focused straight away and usually died in the first turn or second turn and also add more TH/SS to the 10 man unit and make the command squad another Troops choice with a Cyclone or Assault Cannon. Good luck with your list on the weekend, let us know how it goes.

Edited by Solrac

I didn't think your list was that bad, you could be right about the banner though I run the BOD banner but its impact use is generally over by turn 2 and an icing on the cake if its still around.

Your match ups were a bit unlucky as well, the only way you'll beat certain armies is experience with battle time under your belt

Hey Solrac, you had a good looking list and the models were painted well. The matchups you had do not favour Deathwing well. It was good to see an IK there though. Even if you were the only one and therefor "that guy" lol