Der H's Hobby - ETL 2018 Pledge complete

Der_H

Hail Brothers,

I've decided to move my Plog/Blog efforts from another forum to here, or at least post them here also...the other forum I'm on seems to be...slow...here there seems to be much hobbying!

Im a slow builder and even slower painter, or rather fast with both but with huge gaps in between so I'm going to repost my work thus far here and reveal my newest creations after the first post. I'm definitely 'feeling it' at the moment, even if simply to reach my target of having NO unpainted Emperors Children before buying anything else from FW....I feel a sicarran calling me!

Without further to-do, I present my work thus far on the 7th Company, 13th Millennial, IIIrd legion. They form one of the major combatants in the "Battle for Grandia" narrative campaign between Brother Handro (who is hiding in the shadows) and myself; details to follow...one day....maybe...

More pictures of my IIIrd legion progress are later in this plog, but for now, behold the fleet of the 13th Millennial!

These took a while to find for reasonable cost!

Grand Cruiser:

http://i.imgur.com/jvE2KoC.jpg

Scratch built/kitbash grand cruiser....since MIA in a disatrously bloody battle with Brother Handro.

Cruiser:
http://i.imgur.com/5PkOBCJ.jpg

Light Cruiser:

http://i.imgur.com/7g0iLS9.jpg

Strike Cruisers:

http://i.imgur.com/4MnPRIq.jpg

Falchions:

http://i.imgur.com/wCiGkVo.jpg

Firestorms:

http://i.imgur.com/gGuiIaS.jpg

Transports:

http://i.imgur.com/FJK3qyX.jpg

So, thats the old progress!

NEW progress.

The 13th Millennial is lead by Praetor Lucius Tredecimus Brutus "The Unforgiving"

Base model is Lucius the Eternal, claw and axe are from the DV boxed set, Iron Halo is from god knows where, Hair is Green stuff. I removed much of the sculpted faces from his armour (much to my own sadness, it is a lovely sculpt)  and made a simpler surface with bonding studs.

[ive removed this old post for picture space and since re-build my Praetor - see another page!]

The 'Other' NEW progress:

Legion Chaplain Brother Exsurdo

Base is the Metal Emperors Children Lord, pistol from the 40k Chaos Space Marine Sprue, Right arm from the DV set.

[Also removed]

Awesome! 

Love the Champion cleaning his blade. :smile.:

Thanks Magicman. That guy was an 'off duty' competition entry from another forum. I tried to use a pearlescent medium compound to questionable effect....I kinda of want to try again on an upcoming HQ choice.

As requested, more pictures of the Champion cleaning his blade.

http://i.imgur.com/bmoHCby.jpg

The mud on the legs doesnt photo well, its one of the technical paints and just looks too matt - I might go back to fix that...or might not.

Parts:

Head - I think its an old tactical head, but cant recall

Torso - Sternguard Torso B

Legs - FW Legion MKIII - cut and reposed

Arms - Standard Tactical (old) arms, cut, pinned and reposed

Right Pad - Sanguinary Guard

Left Pad - Puppets War

Sword - Vanguard Power Sword B

Helmet - FW Legion MKIII Helmet

Cloth - Green Stuff

Base - Cork

I'm sure I should be at work more.....dont know where Im getting this overwhelming surge of progress...msot of these models have been build or at least owned for 9 months!!

So first on my list of things to paint:

[PICTURE REMOVED]

I bought the Connie at the FWOD 2014 - MUST WORK FASTER>>>>

[PICTURE REMOVED]

Landspeeder I bought from the bay some time ago too...it's going to be part of my hidden blade in due course loved this model as a youngster but never owned it...

And look, the squad of bendy sword (....Palatine Blades) from the SAME FWOD 2014.....

[PICTURE REMOVED]

I was sorely tempted by seening some of the conversions on the web to scatter this unit to makes Sgts/command squad/characters but ended up sticking.

Im even more tempted to buy another squad and give them Phoenix guard spears to go with....

RIGHT: Emperors Children Vice-Praetor Oberyn (as mentioned in the fluff...) He was going to be leading a squad of Palatine Blades with spears but meh...not sure of the back pack - thoughts? Also to run it as a phoenix Power Spear or the new Conquest Emperors Children Relic....

[PICTURE REMOVED]

LEFT: Stand in for Sevetar - small Night lord side project! What do you think?

[PICTURE REMOVED]

Ive also got a Navigator and fallen ships captain undercoated...both fairly easy to build. Not sure about the sword on the captain...had a go at a scratch build...thoughts:

@Soric - It was a complete pain to cut the chest out and replace with the armour (torso from Scions).

@ChaptermasterDemon7 - The big call fro him was backpack as is or jump pack....

What about the sword...Will Hayes gave me an in-depth guide to blade making at the FWOD but that was a LONG time ago and I forgot...tried the bits i could remember but im not sure...

Behold, I have finally been unleashed! :ohmy.:

Soon the time will come when there will be a reckoning between our two legions, but for now, content yourself with this;

The men of the Grandia Defence Force stand ready, and whilst Grandia lives, Grandia fights!

(I.e. I've recommenced painting Guard again, whilst my Sons of Horus stare forlornly at me from the shelf).

Cool new stuff, my Russes are not looking forward to lascannon and meltagun squads...the fallen captain is a nice conversion/kitbash.

Will be posting soon!

Ah ha! Greetings Brother! It is good to see you made it through the warp! Victory is hollow without a worthy adversary!

Thinking of a refinery battle at the end of the month! My melta and lascannon smuggt have a larger striding cousin soon.....Grandia should prepare!

• 3 weeks later...

Behold my beautiful contemptor is finally finished and with it so is my December Vow!

As promised here are more pictures:

[PICTURE REMOVED]

Fully posable! Magnets a plenty!

[PICTURE REMOVED]

She can even lean forwards!

[PICTURE REMOVED]

I tried my hand at Free-Hand with the text - Gloriam Tertio being the motto of the XIIIrd Millennial (and the name of one of our surviving cruisers!)

[PICTURE REMOVED]

My first real attempt at a plasma cannon (at least first with some OSL!) any thoughts/ideas?

[PICTURE REMOVED]

Nice brother, really nice.

I imagine this metal beast will be facing the brave men of the GDF across the table tomorrow? :dry.:

I think the OSL works really well, especially at the end of the barrel. Subtle, like it's just fired, or is about to.

Also really like the wood effect you've got on the trenchboards. Drybrushing? Mud effects? Would look great on say....a massive trenchworks? :biggrin.:

Might need to peruse your magnets (odd phrase!), I feel a reckless purchase of something big, stompy and hard to transport in the near future... :ph34r.:

Nice brother, really nice.

I imagine this metal beast will be facing the brave men of the GDF across the table tomorrow? :dry.:

I think the OSL works really well, especially at the end of the barrel. Subtle, like it's just fired, or is about to.

Also really like the wood effect you've got on the trenchboards. Drybrushing? Mud effects? Would look great on say....a massive trenchworks? :biggrin.:

Might need to peruse your magnets (odd phrase!), I feel a reckless purchase of something big, stompy and hard to transport in the near future... :ph34r.:

If you buy a knight then I'm buying a knight....

• 3 weeks later...

So, Behold my WIP RT era Landspeeder

[PICTURE REMOVED]

You can see how my WIP OSL on my plasma cannons is very messy.....hopefully that'll get tidied up!

[PICTURE REMOVED]

I found it a difficult model to paint as there isnt the usual ammount of trim onto which I would usually lather gold paint....

Im not feeling painting today and as you can see my dry burshing became increasingly poor....I'm leaving it today and will return to tidy my drybrushing later!

Thoughts?

• 1 month later...

So little progress on my thread - it's been a busy month!

Tickets have been bought for the WHW opening day so might pass some of you there. The only progress on my IIIrd legion is a touch up on my praetor.

This guy excelled in a game against brother handro recently and, thanks to being a campaign character, now has a SICKENING stat line with a win and 3 successful/useful progression rolls. (Poor poor guardsmen...)

[PICTURE REMOVED]

On completing my MoTL Word Bearer I saw the shoddiness of my Praetor and did a quite 5 minute touch up - cleaned up lines, highlighted the cape, re did much of the gold and silver. Each time i think i improve with painting I see my old work and want to burn it...

Yay, cool painting update, boo sickening whirling dervish of choppy-punchy death against mah soft, soft Guardsmen.

His eyes give him a startled look. Generally I don't bother with a pupil, the scale makes it unnecessary, but this model's eyes are sooo big you don't really have much choice...

• 6 months later...

Behold, I have awoken!

So post grad exams are a pain in the proverbial!

Ive spent the time growing a veritable hoard of hobby goodness and finally can start again!

Two or three bits on the table at the moment. Firstly, some armour!

Sicarran is a beauty! The barrels were surprisingly straight, and Ive now magnetised them for storage and aiming purposes - Ill be damned if they bend in a model case after getting the one set on non-bendy ones! Vindicator is a nice kit, once she's dry I'll start the process of removing the massive casting blocks.

I also caved in and bought the new limited edition website models:

I had a massive hobby surge yesterday with my good friend Brother Handro, and have many, many terrain pieces to add to my now long dead terrain thread......thread-o-mancy FTW.

Any thoughts on the Centurion, any requests for other loadouts for my magnet frenzy!

Archived