Turn 3

the Word Bearers advance further in ruins while the Word Bearer Destroyers swiftly move behind them

Erebus and the Tactical Support Squad with Melta Guns destroy the Ironclad's fist, then charge it in close combat

and destroy it with the aid of a melta bomb

the Word Bearers advance into the massed Crimson Fists

another Rout Rhino moves to block Pedro and friends while a Deathsworn tosses a stasis grenade through the gap

the Varagyr, fresh off killing the Knight, charge into the combat squaded CF Sternguard...

and butcher them with ease

the jetbike Thegn engages a CF Tactical Squad

Pedro and friends charge a Grey Slayer pack who were forced from their Rhino, but the axes of Fenris kill the rest of the Honor Guard and wound the Librarian as they are wiped out

this table section is getting somewhat crowded

Turn 4

the Word Bearers turn to deal with the Ironclad that arrived behind the Sicarian

the Jarl of the Rout roars out a challenge Pedro Kantor

the depleted Deathsworn and Varagyr advance deep into the Crimson Fist landing zone

combat again erupts between loyal sons of the Emperor

the Jarl does two wounds to the already wounded Pedro, but falls to Kantor's fist (a single wound. Dammit)

the Command Squad finishes the job however, emerging triumphant

Crimson Fist Centurions (ignore the paintjob) emerge behind the Word Bearers 

the Crimson Fist landing zone is being crushed between the Rout and the Word Bearers

the missile and grav volley wipe out the Word Bearers

the Sicarian fails to kill the Ironclad, who then returns the favor and this one sticks

Turns 5/6

the Word Bearer Destroyers move behind the Centurions

the Word Bearer Contemptors finish the depleted Deathsworn in volleys of kheres assault cannon firepower

the Word Bearers overrun the Crimson Fist landing zone

the Tactical Marines destroyed the Ironclad's Drop Pod and move toward the Ironcald now!

with their Dark Patron's name on their lips, the Tactical Marines charge!

the Word Bearer Destroyer destroy the Centurion in a mass wave of attacks

the Word Bearer Tactical Squad will not denied and charged their enemy counterpart

with a roar for vengeance, the Speaker of the Dead charges the Contemptor while the Vindicator's laser destroyer array nukes the other one

the Thegn charges Erebus and friends, chopping through the sergeant as the arch-betrayer refuses his challenge

the Destoyers move in to aid their Chaplain!

after 2.5 rounds of combat, the Speaker of the Dead emerges victorious!

the Destroyers make combat, and another Sergeant dies to spare Erebus

the Speaker of the Dead charges into the Destroyers to aid the Thegn

the CF Tactical Squad opens fire on a Grey Slayer pack, moments before they charge

the Grey Slayers are nearly wiped out, but the pack leader's thunder hammer sends the CF to flight!

after butchering multiple Sergeants, Erebus finally answers the Thegn's challange

the Dark Gods protect their pawn who now lives with just one wound left, while the armor of the Thegn wards off the corrupted Crozius

the final score...

Victory to the Rout!

all for now,
Wolf Lord Kieran

• 2 weeks later...

AWESOME!!! looks like the guy from Don't breather and Avatar!!!

so, I'm sure we're all aware of the recent action of Photobucket, and by the sheer number of blank pictures in this thread, it's abundantly clear Im not going to pay for that service. 

so, now Im trying out Imgur. I wont be replacing all the old battle reports and pics, but to start this off this new beginning Im sharing a WiP Leviathan Dreadnought...one I previously had, stripped, broke down and rebuilt. 

Like this thread,the dead walk again.

http://i.imgur.com/YGNQ7LA.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/GfhxWYi.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/gC4sb2k.jpg?1

Wow, those are huge. 

I'lm going to have and try and shrink them a good bit

Edited by Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

I already have a grav bombard Leviathan, so I figured id finally use the lance (which doesnt have the Lance rule...)

I dont know, because I have negative interest in the Age of Guilliman. For now, 30k is sticking with 7th ed and im happy with that.

Yes it was weird of FW to call a weapon by a name for which it dos not have the rule :D

I am slightly more ambivalent towards 8th, as I am hoping a ot of the abusive lists will get toned down and as I only played abut 4-5 games of 7th and fewer of 6th, the 8th game seemed kind of alright... I like getting to allocate my wounds within a squad again for example. I have yet to dabble with psychic shenanigans though.

I think it is going to be a little hero-hammer, as the morale rules are straight up brutal if you do not have leadership buffing characters.

My TWC lost a model, so took a morale check, which they failed and the whole unit was just... gone, no falling back, just off the board completely (didnt help that I forgot ATSKNF allows morale rerolls)

I need Dave to get cracking on his 1st Legion, so I can actually play a 30K game.

• 1 month later...

update on my Iron Warrior Praetor...now with servo-arm(s)

35540648233_f344d404c2.jpgUntitled by K_Mulkearns, on Flickr

I doubt I'll ever actually field him as such, because being a Warsmith gives up more useful warlord traits, but I think he looks pretty cool.

JKC

Lookin good!

I had no idea you "adjusted" your name.

Thank you! It's hard to dredge up the motivation to paint right now, so Im trying to celebrate every time I do so...like make it less of a chore.

and the name...felt like changing something up a bit, WLK had alot of baggage with it. Still feeling out the new handle.

• 3 months later...

The Sister of Silence is off to a good start.

Although I reckon that Raven Guard is about to lose his head, cos the way he keeps checking her out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,and thanks.

I kept him in the pic as I was amused his sword is larger than the Sister.

• 3 weeks later...

got in a 6k game vs Rayray's Word Bearers yesterday.

I didnt take the mass photos I normally do for battle reports. I havent found a good hosting site yet, but I took some fun pictures.

the Daemon allies of the Word Bearers are ready to pounce by Turn 2

25104012618_7b82b84c70_z.jpgUntitled by K_Mulkearns, on Flickr

the Bloodthirster charges into combat against the Fenrisian Breachers, who are currently fighting a small unit of Ashen Circle. The Breachers will hold the Thirster in combat for the next 4 or so turns

24110314007_97a1b912ea_z.jpgUntitled by K_Mulkearns, on Flickr

the chainfists of the Word Bearer Cataphractii carve the Spartan to shreds

27197796929_de6c613266_z.jpgUntitled by K_Mulkearns, on Flickr

Leman Russ charges the Gal Vorbak,slaying their champion and locking into combat with the survivors

38088463125_18df8996c4_z.jpgUntitled by K_Mulkearns, on Flickr

The Deathsword charge into combat to aid Russ against the soul severed

38259066934_69ef3d5db3_z.jpgUntitled by K_Mulkearns, on Flickr

Jarl Kjaran Coldeart, Lord of the Thunderkin, meets and slays his opposite number among the Word Bearers

38088462715_c8a8375530_z.jpgUntitled by K_Mulkearns, on Flickr

the game ended 12 to 5 may favor.

Rayray played Erebus like a champ, which means he ran into a Word Bearer Spartan and fled when the charges of the Vlka Fenryka broke through the Word Bearers. As my Deathsworn chopped through everything they touch, Russ stomped his way through the Gal Vorbak and the Grey Slayers' numbers began to show, the Spartan sped off. I did attack it with some thunder hammer Deathsworn and melta bombs, but couldnt halt his flight.

Key points of the game:

- The Traitor Knight losing 5 of 6 hull points on turn 1. It'll later die on Turn 3 to a combi-melta from a Grey Slayer pack

-Deathsworn are nasty

-My Caster of Runes couldnt cast much. The 4 power die cap hurts me. 

all for now,

JKC

@Dantay: thanks! The game was a blast and very tight the first 3 or so turns...once the Vlka Fenryka got stuck in it turned to my favor.

No Kromlech bits however. That head is from KFStudios. I’m a huge fan of their pieces

I’m also really like this version of Kjaran. He’ll likely be “it”

@Warhead: yea, it was a blast we threw together in like 3 days. I’m happy we were able to swing it.

I hope I can bribe you to come up before too long!

Nice work and great pictures. Just a question, are those Shapeway shoulderpads on your Deathswords in the 2nd last picture?.

Yep, all the 13th pads are from Pop Goes the Monkey. I’m a big fan of their shoulder pads and rally dislike using the GW 13th Decals (which I hunted down and overpaid for)

My only complaints on Pops products are the Breacher shields are really thin and easily break and the trim of the mk3 pads are dwarfed by the mk3 plastic shoulder pads trim. Other than that they are perfect, and I’d highly recommend them

You mentioned needing picture hosting. Just set up a blogger account which is free. If you already have a Gmail account then your mostly there and I'm not even sure that's required. 

Aside from my blog posts I have thousands of pictures there. It's really easy to use as well. 

My schedule has been fairly tight most of this year. I've made it out to the game shop but have had to leave out by 4 or 5 at the latest to make it home on time. 
I hope you and Ray are able to get more games in, reading your reports are part of my hobby haha. If I lived closer I'd play a lot more.