The paint scheme is very close to the SoH, which is what may be throwing you off a bit. It is a touch on the green side.

I liked it on the Wolves which were displayed at WHW (in someone elses thread) to the point I considered re-doing my army and vehicles.

Now not so sure again.

Will order when available.

Anyone want to help me out by buying some Grey Knights??

And this sound horrible, but I'm less interested in Russ than I am in rules for the Legion.

Because I've held off of committing to the Wolves until I see stuff in print, and while it would be a pain in the butt, WILL strip and move to a different legion if Fw does the Vlka Fenryka wrong

The main thing is you got the model so you'll soon enough be able to field him.

Yea field him , with no legion rules sure 

And this sound horrible, but I'm less interested in Russ than I am in rules for the Legion.

Because I've held off of committing to the Wolves until I see stuff in print, and while it would be a pain in the butt, WILL strip and move to a different legion if Fw does the Vlka Fenryka wrong

this 

• 1 month later...
Long time everybody!

Got in a 3 way game this past Saturday. It was supposed to be a 2v2 game, but the 4th dropped the day of. So we made the best of it.

Armies were 6k a pop.

Rayray, opponent 1, brought 30k Word Bearers

Brother Grius, opponent 2, brought 40k Space Marines

both brought Knight allies.

Scoring was done by Turn#, so Turn 1 an objective was worth 1 point, Turn 2 worth 2 points, and so on.

Due to the game length I forgot to record things such as Slay the Warlord and Line Breaker.

An attempt was made to count kill points for secondary score, but I completely blanked on it.

My army (the army was 70 or so points short, but in 6k i just didnt care)

Raven Guard

RoW: Orbital Strike

HQ-Praetor in Tartaros Armor with Command Squad

HQ-Praetor with Jump Pack

HQ-Herald Consul

EL-Apothecary x3 with jump packs

EL-Contemptors x 2 with Drop Pods

EL-Terminator Squad 1x5

EL-Mor Deythan 1x9 in Drop Pod (Herald joined)

TR-Tactical Squad 1x10 in Drop Pod

TR-Tactical Volkite Support 1x10 in Drop Pod

TR-Tactical Plasma Support 1x10 in Drop Pod

TR-Assault Squad 1x10

FA-Dark Fury Assault Squad 1x10

HS-Heavy Missile Support 1x10 Drop Pod

HS-Leviathan in Drop Pod

HS-Leviathan in Drop Pod

LoW-Corvus Corax

Table view

Word Bearer deployment

Space Marine deployment

Raven Guard Deployment

Corax!

Turn 1

The Imperial Knights start their slow shuffle forward (giant killing machines of deathdont like terrain much)

While the Crimson Fist Lander Raider Crusader continues its annual "Time to get immbolized on Terrain Turn 1" plan

The Word Bearer host moves to engage enemies to it's left and right (im fond of the Contemptor Talon spilling out of the window)

Not to be outdone by the enemy Crusader, the Lander Speeders move too fast and crashing, becoming part of the scenery

Seeing Knights in the front of both opposing armies, the Raven Guard land in a defensive posture, turning their modes of transportation into blocking terrain pieces while moving towards open objectives

Yea, things look just peachy at the end of Turn 1

Long time everybody!

Got in a 3 way game this past Saturday. It was supposed to be a 2v2 game, but the 4th dropped the day of. So we made the best of it.

Armies were 6k a pop.

Rayray, opponent 1, brought 30k Word Bearers

Brother Grius, opponent 2, brought 40k Space Marines

both brought Knight allies.

Scoring was done by Turn#, so Turn 1 an objective was worth 1 point, Turn 2 worth 2 points, and so on.

Due to the game length I forgot to record things such as Slay the Warlord and Line Breaker.

An attempt was made to count kill points for secondary score, but I completely blanked on it.

My army (the army was 70 or so points short, but in 6k i just didnt care)

Raven Guard

RoW: Orbital Strike

HQ-Praetor in Tartaros Armor with Command Squad

HQ-Praetor with Jump Pack

HQ-Herald Consul

EL-Apothecary x3 with jump packs

EL-Contemptors x 2 with Drop Pods

EL-Terminator Squad 1x5

EL-Mor Deythan 1x9 in Drop Pod (Herald joined)

TR-Tactical Volkite Support 1x10 in Drop Pod

TR-Tactical Plasma Support 1x10 in Drop Pod

TR-Assault Squad 1x10

HS-Heavy Missile Support 1x10 Drop Pod

HS-Leviathan in Drop Pod

HS-Leviathan in Drop Pod

LoW-Corvus Corax

Table view

Word Bearer deployment

Space Marine deployment

Raven Guard Deployment

Corax!

Turn 1

The Imperial Knights start their slow shuffle forward (giant killing machines of deathdont like terrain much)

While the Crimson Fist Lander Raider Crusader continues its annual "Time to get immbolized on Terrain Turn 1" plan

The Word Bearer host moves to engage enemies to it's left and right (im fond of the Contemptor Talon spilling out of the window)

Not to be outdone by the enemy Crusader, the Lander Speeders move too fast and crashing, becoming part of the scenery

Seeing Knights in the front of both opposing armies, the Raven Guard land in a defensive posture, turning their modes of transportation into blocking terrain pieces while moving towards open objectives

Yea, things look just peachy at the end of Turn 1

Turn 2

the Space Marine reinforcements come roaring onto the table

Yea, it doesnt look good for the Sicarian

The Knight is awefully close to my Dreadnoughts

Not a pretty sight

What my Missile Launcher squad sees

What the SM Knights see

The Knights continue their advance

While the Land Raider posse sizes up the lukring D-Thirster

A pack of Pink Horrors appear to my left flank

While the Ashen Circle land in front of my army

Quickly followed by a second squad of the Ashen Circle. The center is starting to get cluttered

the Word Bearer Warlord, Zardu, decides as he took a Wound from Perils of the Warp, that erupting into a freaking Bloodthirster is a sane course of actions

The combined Contemptors destroy one of the Drop Pods in the way while a Melta Support Squad pour firepower into a Levaithan

The D-Thirster makes short work of 2 of the SM Predator tanks

While the Word Bearer and Raven Guard Contemptor trade high fives and hull points

One of the Dark Fury Squads arrives!

The Tartaros Terminator Squad and Herald+Mor Deythan arrive as well

The Vokite Support Squad arrive to counter the Pink Horrors

The Plasma Support lands next to a wounded knight

One volley of plasma later, 1 dead Marine due to over heat, 1 dead Marine due to exploding Knight, 1 Imperial Knight turned to slag

The Leviathan, Contemptor Dreadnought and Heavy Missile Squad all combine their firepower to drop another Knight!

The Ashen Cirlce are subjected to 2 Tactical Squads unleashing the Fury of the Legion on them, but 4 live through the 80 bolter shots

The Dark Fury squad engage and annihilate a 20 strong Word Bearer Tactical Squad

Turn 3

The Land Raiders move forward only to have a Soul Grinder appear before them!

Lysander and friends decide they've had enough of the Chaos knight infront of them

You ever get that feeling somebody is watching you?

I hate being right.

Lysander and friends engage the Knight in hand to hand combat

While losing a few of their number, the Hero of the Phalanx emerges truimphant

Beasts of Nurgle emerge from the Warp

The Gal Vorbak move to engage the Dark Fury Squad

While the Word Bearers and Bloodthirster formally known as Zardu surround the Leviathan

Yea, thats the definition of "Places not to be". The massed meltas make short work of the Dreadnought

Combat erupts between Dark Fury and dark pawn of the Chaos gods. The Dark Fury squad is killed to a man and the Apoethecary killed before he can flee

the Praetor and Command Squad teleport down before the Gal Vorbak

My second Levithan scatters far off target, but primes the grav bombard to tag the Gal Vorbak

the last tactical squad lands and tries to assassinate Erebus, but his 2+ shrugs off the bolter fire

Corax moves to engage the Bloodthirster formerly known as Zardu in hand to hand combat

While the Primarch is wounded 2 times, his foul opponent is banished back to the Warp!

After 3 complete game turns, we call the game to the lateness of the hour (it was midnight)

Victory for the Raven Guard!

Not much to say about this game.

-Both of my opponents came with big killy stuff to take on the 4th player who failed to show.

Looking at their assortment of big killy stuff, I decided to play very defensively. This made for a less exciting game on my part, but tossing massed Marines into a field with a combined 5 knights, 5 land raiders, a friggin D-Thirster and Typhon would have left them slaughtered with ease.

-This meant I played smart, hid where possible, let the big guys slug out amongst themselves and take cheap shots as they presented themselves. 

all for now,

WLK

The Raven Guard is looking well tuned. I had a laugh at seeing the IF termies hiding out behind a wall. what are the chances. "Look sir! A Wall!"  "Quickly men! Stand behind it!" 
Have to roll my eye's at the tracking kill point idea. Is that still even a thing haha. 
I really liked the bit, the "sane idea to burst into a daemon prince".  Fantastic!

@Runefyre: thank you!

I had to remind myself, and was told by my opponents, that fighting defensively was as fun as it could be but made the most sense

@Uberwolve: I think they Deep Struck there, as the wall itself couldn't do much more than what they already have.

And we all know RR is the crazy one, so spawning a bloodthirster from the warlords skull makes sense

Kill points is a thing, which I pushed for at first (easier than keeping track of objectives), but RR convinced me to do objectives

Impressive how Corax dominated the Thirster.

It was mostly luck

I used his -1 to hit to turn the Thirsters 3s to hit to 4s, and got in a wound with HoW

After that, Corax has 7 attacks at s7 ap2 with re-rolls.

I was actually hoping to stay engaged in HtH to protect Corax from shooting, but the game was called anyway

So many models . . . 

Awesome win for the RG!  In particular that phalanx of vehicles brought in on Reserves brings joy to my mechanical heart(s).  :biggrin.:

Not to scare you, but I fielded a little more than half of my RG, and I know RR didnt field most of his WB.

Our past fights (also in this thread) have been much larger.

Seeing that wall of armor roll onto the table convinced me to go NOWHERE near that side of the table

Strike and fade.... Awesome jb there WLK!!

I feel kinda like I reacted more than played the game, but frankly dont see how I could have done much different with the list I had vs the opposing armies.

A combined 5 knights, 5 land raiders and Typhon makes my RG wanna run away.

Man, I missed these giant bat-reps

Entertaining as always, man! Give RR my best

Trust me, I missed playing them. Hopefully I'll get back to posting more, I am trying to organize another big game.

and I will next time we talk.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay fans, got a game tomorrow so there should be a battle report following shortly after.

Im bringing my Raven Guard and UberWolve is bringing his Orks.

Armies are 7k, multiple CADS

Summary of my army:

Army 1, RoW Orbital Assault

HQ-Praetor with jump pack and Raven Talons

HQ-Consul Librarian, ml 2

HQ-Consul Herald

EL-1x1 Contemptor with 2 fists, Drop Pod

EL-1x3 Apothecary, jump packs

EL-1x9 Mor Deythan with Drop Pod

TR-1x10 Assault Marines

TR-1x10 Tactical Marine Squad in Drop Pod

TR-1x10 Plasma Support Squad in Drop Pod

TR-1x10 Volkite Support Squad in Drop Pod

FA-1x10 Dark Fury Squad

FA-1x10 Dark Fury Squad

HS-1x9 Missile Support Squad in Drop Pod

HS-1x1 Leviathan in Drop Pod

HS-1x1 Leviathan in Drop Pod

LoW-Corvus Corax

Army 2, RoW Decapitation Strike

HQ-Praetor in Tartaros Armor with Tartaros Command Squad

HQ-Consul Master of Signals

HQ-Damocles Rhino

EL-1x2 Quad Rapier Battery

EL-1x10 Mor Deythan Squad

EL-1x5 Tartaros Terminator Squad

TR-1x10 Tactical Marine Squad

TR-1x10 Tactical Marine Squad

HS-1x1 Deredeo Dreadnought

LoW-Knight Paladin

Both armies come together at 6,999 points

Table view

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/40k%20Battles/30k%20RG%20vs%2040k%20Orks%2012-3-16/E59C11E3-65AE-41FC-8E21-EE7E63A8B871_zpsom8afftx.jpg

Raven Guard deployment

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/40k%20Battles/30k%20RG%20vs%2040k%20Orks%2012-3-16/A89AF5D3-9A5D-4A79-A0AC-40B061849744_zpsfuduvapj.jpg

Ork Deployment

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/40k%20Battles/30k%20RG%20vs%2040k%20Orks%2012-3-16/24E046A6-38A5-4A2A-8248-A58D939C6623_zpsvkspwerx.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/40k%20Battles/30k%20RG%20vs%2040k%20Orks%2012-3-16/147E752D-3797-4D93-A1A6-01463162E444_zpsflxfqds1.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/40k%20Battles/30k%20RG%20vs%2040k%20Orks%2012-3-16/9B4BF0A9-C75F-4C45-ABF3-037C70A6D9D4_zpsj4ee1bh0.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/40k%20Battles/30k%20RG%20vs%2040k%20Orks%2012-3-16/D284257B-706B-4E08-8FA8-176A29C51899_zpsxmticjdz.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/40k%20Battles/30k%20RG%20vs%2040k%20Orks%2012-3-16/83CD9F69-FA13-4E44-BBBE-47C86918AADD_zpsaaftaher.jpg

The Orks turn is relatively uneventful. Their shooting is largely negated by Night Fight and good cover save rolls, but strip a few hull points off of my Knight. Despite not causing alot of damage, UW manages to grab quite a few points.

The first wave of Raven Guard pods arrive

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/40k%20Battles/30k%20RG%20vs%2040k%20Orks%2012-3-16/69AED15D-B5C9-4DD5-BF74-DEF22DD2BC32_zps00f1v7tn.jpg

the Mor Deythan fail to run far enough to capture an objective

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/40k%20Battles/30k%20RG%20vs%2040k%20Orks%2012-3-16/791F9D5B-BA73-4A45-98D6-971E20B26E1D_zpsp44wlkji.jpg

end of Turn 1 table view

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/40k%20Battles/30k%20RG%20vs%2040k%20Orks%2012-3-16/93407886-C814-41B7-B46A-54DB1425E848_zpsjmhoxstr.jpg

The key points of this round are removing 8 hull points from the Stompa, while the Ork shooting removes 3 hull points from the Imperial Knight

End of Turn 1

Edited by Wolf Lord Kieran