Marius' Mules (Jud's Death Korps)

The Pounder

Oooh boy, this is Death Korp through and through. Muted colours, muddy bases, excellently rendered! As a fan of things that go boom, I'd love to see more armour and artillery if you get round to it.

Don't worry, there's more to come!

I gotta say I love the reference to ancient rome! =D also pictures and fluff is awesome!

Kudos! You're the first person who's made the connection without me telling them!

I use a range of Roman, Viking and Germanic sources for names and symbols.

I don't know what's next, I'll have to wait for Christmas!

and plus Marius, while being the complete roman badass that reformed the entire military, isnt as popular as Julius or Scipio Africanas is, so you have to dig a little bit deeper to find out about the Marius Reforms (or be a huge total war fan)

hat as really sad is that I asked my local ultra player to name one sergeant "scipio" and he looked at me like i was from mars =(

Let's hope that's not the case! I don't think our family budget could stretch to 2 Forge World junkies!

Oooh boy, this is Death Korp through and through. Muted colours, muddy bases, excellently rendered! As a fan of things that go boom, I'd love to see more armour and artillery if you get round to it.

Back on topic, things that go boom!

gallery_81770_10246_332.jpg

med_gallery_81770_10246_7379.jpg

gallery_81770_10246_5080.jpg

gallery_81770_10246_36126.jpg

I'm not entirely sure why they've gone on different sizes!

All comments welcome!

I'll even try to stay on topic!

How are you making the bases? Tips for mud weathering?

Thanks guys.

For bases I first cover the whole base in Vallejo grey pumice, it's a rock effect really, but once painted it gives a good muddy look.

After that I stick down a piece of slate or two, then I mount the model in question, I then spray the lot with GW Chaos black spray.

I find that if the pumice is still a little wet the model sinks in a bit, giving it an ankle deep look.

For my Krieg I paint all the model first except for the boots and any other brown bits. I then paint all the brown areas (back packs, webbing boots etc) with Rhinox hide (this saves a lot of time) the slate get's a coat of Administratum grey. I then finish the model by giving the whole model and base a wash of Agrax Earthshade, then dry brush the base and any other muddy areas with Baneblade Brown. Then I retouch the rim of the base with some more Rhinox Hide to finish.

Job done! Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and new year!

I got a few new additions to my Krieg.

I've built and primed my Grenadier Centaur, I'm about

to start painting and I want to know what colour to paint

the interior? Does anyone have any knowledge of tank 

interiors during WW2?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the Grenadier Centaur finished, I'm quite chuffed with the results.

Took me a lot longer than intended as I painted the model in stages, otherwise

I wouldn't have been able to get at the detail.

I'm planning on adding another one as it was such fun to build and paint.

med_gallery_81770_10246_1740808.jpg

med_gallery_81770_10246_433823.jpg

med_gallery_81770_10246_120655.jpg

med_gallery_81770_10246_376046.jpg

med_gallery_81770_10246_576330.jpg

med_gallery_81770_10246_409428.jpg

med_gallery_81770_10246_903081.jpg

med_gallery_81770_10246_739241.jpg

Thanks for getting this far!

Next up I will be adding some field artillery (Heavy Mortar and Quadlauncher).

It looks really cool, you should get another! biggrin.png The mud looks great, not too much and not too little and the extra colours work very well. Adds colour and variety without breaking the neutral tone thumbsup.gif Some artillery will be cool too, so I'm eager for the next update Jud! laugh.png

Must be something about Krieg armies that brings out the best in hobbyists, don't think I've ever seen a Krieger painted anything even close to average msn-wink.gif

Archived