In the Blood Angels Omnibus, there is an insanely powerful Blood Angel artefact that was forged by the Emperor himself for Sanguinius. This weapon is able to fire a laser beam that is basically just like Hyper Beam from the game Pokemon, or for those of you who had the worst childhoods imaginable, it was just a big-ass laser. This Spear was basically just a Master-Crafted Power Stave with said special ability.

My question is this: In the Horus Heresy books that feature Sanguinius, he is only every mentioned using a blood-red Power Greatsword; where the :cuss is the Spear of Telesto? And where was this magical spear when he fought Horus; he could of just incinerated his brother right then and there.

Well, as that omnibus has hundreds of Blood Angels die in single engagements, only for the same strike force to invade planets with no indication thier numbers were depleted, that series oin hardly a bastion of reliability msn-wink.gif.

On a less facetious note, how do we know the Emperor forged the Spear for Sanguinius? Blood Angels stories, which in universe are older than the length of current recorded human history. So there could quite easily be bits missing form the story, or the truth has drifted somewhat. Maybe Sanguinius didn't like the spear, so preferred other weapons. Maybe the Emperor ordered it forged for the Angel, but (like the Runefangs in Fantasy) it was inly completed after his death? Remember the Spear of Russ form the Ragnar books? Sacred SW artefact, beloved and powerful weapon of the Primarch. Then we meet the 13th Company and it's revealed Russ couldn't stand the thing, and only kept it around because it was a gift form Dad.

As for why he didn't zap and kill Horus. For the same reason Angron could lift a Titan, Ferrus could hold a monster under a lava flow, Mortarion only got sunburn from plasma fire and Curze survived a sword in the spine. Primarchs are silly powerful (even without Chaos boosting Shenanigans), so even if Sangy had the spear, odds on Powered up Horus shrugs off the fancy beam and the fight continues.

I'm with Bearclaw on this...the Spear of Russ is the perfect example of the 40k version of the 'telephone game'. Over the years the stories are told so many times by different people you can't really say what reality is.

Even in the final battle we really have no idea what happened as everyone that was there died in that room.

Even in the final battle we really have no idea what happened as everyone that was there died in that room.

In all my years as a 40k fan... why have I never picked up on this :O haha mind blown

Maybe the spear didnt jive with Sanguinius' wu-tang sword style ;)

I'm with Bearclaw on this...the Spear of Russ is the perfect example of the 40k version of the 'telephone game'. Over the years the stories are told so many times by different people you can't really say what reality is.

Some GW artwork actually shows there are people standing in the room. We'll see how the HH series plays it out.

On topic, I think it's just safe to say that the 18 greatest warriors of Mankind might possess more than just 1 weapon a piece. Point and case with the Lion and Guilliman so far, they have hundreds of weapons and regularily field different ones.

Some GW artwork actually shows there are people standing in the room. We'll see how the HH series plays it out.

On topic, I think it's just safe to say that the 18 greatest warriors of Mankind might possess more than just 1 weapon a piece. Point and case with the Lion and Guilliman so far, they have hundreds of weapons and regularily field different ones.

I think this last line is the most important. While every Primarch will have weapons he favors, they will have numerous at their disposal.

I'll actually point out something that hasn't been mentioned. The Spear does get mentioned in Fear to Tread. In one of the visions of Sanguinius seen by the ex-librarian trying to rescue him. It's the Spear he throws that kills Horus in the alternate future where Sanguinius defeats Horus on his own. So, the Spear is likely to come into play, though it may not exist yet.

Before we carry on with this, can we all as a community agree to the Blood Angels book series being one of the worst things to ever come out of GW, and never speak of it again? The third one actually made me angry.

Even if we take the artwork as 'in universe' they are just art. An artists often adds elements to get the feeling they wish to impart on the viewer. For all we know big E and Horus had a thumb wrestling match for their souls after Sang tripped on his own sword while teleporting in...

Remember, the winner gets to write history.

I was always just of the point of view Russ brought the spear with him into a few battles, and eventually lost it but just never wanted to admit it because he didn't really like the spear.

Before we carry on with this, can we all as a community agree to the Blood Angels book series being one of the worst things to ever come out of GW, and never speak of it again? The third one actually made me angry.

Have you read Fear to Tread by the same bloke? Blood Angels vs. Animated Trash Cans and Sign Posts

I've heard mixed reactions to the daemonic tactics in Fear to Tread. I'm in the other group who thought it was a unique and intriguing idea of how Chaos could take the our very own creations and turned them against us.

Have you read Fear to Tread by the same bloke? Blood Angels vs. Animated Trash Cans and Sign Posts

I like to think the world spirit was pissed off at the Blood Angels for eating its favorite strip of bacon :D

It does actually seem plausible that Chaos would be able to bend reality in such a way to turn a planet against the Blood Angels; considering the fact that they're GODS.

On the subject of Horus: yes, a weapon capable of vaporizing hundreds of Chaos Marines is going to fail to kill a single steroid-pumped lunatic.

And I had never thought of the armory aspect, since most ofmnthe Primarch are only mentioned using a single weapon most of the time (claws for Corax, swords for Angron, Fireblade for Fulgrim, Scythe for Mortarion, etc.). In Fulgrim's case, it basically states that that is the only weapon he uses (or at least until he finds Mr. Demon Sword).

Maybe he blunted it on Ka'Banda.

What i want to know is if the Emp made it, who or what is Telesto, and why is it his/her/its spear?

After a quick google Telesto is a moon of Saturn, a possible grey knight manufactorium.

Telesto is also a female god, possible sisters of silence connection. Which would point it to being made for a female, or a female made it. Unless the emps become a tranny, which being a perpetual i guess is possible.. maybe.

So its not made by the Emp, or it wasnt made for Sangy.

With the anti psyker connections, It probably should have been able to nail Horus. 

As for why he didnt use it. Maybe it shut his (now) latent precog powers down.

Maybe he blunted it on Ka'Banda.

What i want to know is if the Emp made it, who or what is Telesto, and why is it his/her/its spear?

After a quick google Telesto is a moon of Saturn, a possible grey knight manufactorium.

Telesto is also a female god, possible sisters of silence connection. Which would point it to being made for a female, or a female made it. Unless the emps become a tranny, which being a perpetual i guess is possible.. maybe.

So its not made by the Emp, or it wasnt made for Sangy.

With the anti psyker connections, It probably should have been able to nail Horus.

As for why he didnt use it. Maybe it shut his (now) latent precog powers down.

The weapon could only be used by somebody with Sanguinius's blood pumping through their veins. (Meaning Blood Angelsmand Sanguinius are the only ones who can magic laser beam and the power field around it only works for them). The Spear is basically DAoT tech, only it was made during or before the Heresy, and the Emperor, Vulkan, and maybe Ferrus are the only ones who could even have an inkling of how to craft something so advanced.

Archived