[Army Log]Rikkumon's Nurgle and Black Legion

Rikkumon

Hey B&C,

I have recently moved to a new country and decided it's time to start a new army. In this case, Nurgle and Black Legion!

This thread is mostly to detail my Call of Chaos vow and maybe to keep posting about my army once the vow is complete.

Any comments and criticisms of the painting, army lists and (eventual) battle reports will be warmly received! Especially army lists as I am very new to Chaos.

More details on army choice:

With the decision to move to Hong Kong I wanted to start a new army instead of shipping my Dark Angels and because of limited space here I wanted it to be something with a low model count. I was originally between either Nurgle Marines or Grey Knights. Leaning more on the side of Chaos because it would allow me more craziness when it comes to conversions and painting.

When Dark Vengeance first came out my friend and I split it on the understanding that I would paint his Chaos side Nurgly for him. He later decided that 40K wasn’t his game and so we agreed a fair prize for me to take it.

It looked like Nurgle had chosen me…

I like to have an army list that I am working towards when painting because it gives me a goal to work towards. I don’t like fielding unpainted armies so it may be a while before I get any testing done with this list. I will also only be buying new models once everything I have is done.

For 7th edition I like fast moving units that force the opponent to answer my questions whilst I send other units to gain control of the battlefield. With that in mind I am trying out the following list to start:

The army list:

+++ Chaos (1849pts) +++

++ Chaos Space Marines: Codex (2012) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [bike, Blight grenades, Burning Brand of Skalanthrax, Mark of Nurgle, Power Armour, Power Fist, Sigil of corruption]

Sorcerer [2x Additional Mastery Level, Bike, Bolt Pistol, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption, Spell familiar]

····Combi-weapon [Combi-melta]

····Force Weapon [Force Sword]

+ Troops +

Plague Marines (Troops) [4x Plague Marine]

····Chaos Rhino [Dozer Blade]

····Plague Champion [bolt Pistol, CCW]

····2x Plague Marine with Special weapon [2x Meltagun]

····2x Plague Marine with Special weapon [2x Meltagun]

····2x Plague Marine with Special weapon [2x Flamer]

+ Fast Attack +

Chaos Bikers [5x Chaos Biker, 2x Flamer, Mark of Nurgle]

····Chaos Biker Champion [bolt Pistol]

········Power Weapon [Power Sword]

Chaos Bikers [5x Chaos Biker, Mark of Nurgle, 2x Meltagun]

····Chaos Biker Champion [Power Fist]

········Combi-Weapon [Combi-melta]

Heldrake [baleflamer]

+ Heavy Support +

Obliterators [Mark of Nurgle, 3x Obliterator]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

I pledged to the Call of Chaos over here (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297440-chaos-is-calling/?p=3878893) to help gove me a starting push for my army before I go back to the UK for Christmas and here is the latest shot showing my current progress. All models are at this stage with minor colours based and ready for some washes; after which I will clean up the armour before applying washes to it.

[http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/rikkuman/Rikkumon_Plague_Marine_Champion_WIP3.jpg

The gore had already been washed in Carroburg Crimson and Druchii Violet in this picture.

Here are some shots of everyone:

And just to show off here are a few pictures of my new work station happy.png

One final picture for now is my concept mini checking out the city he and his brothers shall soon lay waste to.

Looking forward to getting some more paint on this week and will keep you updated as I go.

Rikkumon

Hey All,

Thanks for the comments!

Slow progress today, got all the washes on, including the metal on the base and cleaned up the armour for stage 2.

Started stage 2 on the Plague Marine champion only, here is the first armour wash:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/rikkuman/Rikkumon_Plague_Marine_Champion_WIP4.jpg

The 'wish you were here' post card arrived back in the eye and reinforcements are on their way!

Rikkumon

Hey all,

Thanks again for the comments.

Updates may be slow but progress hasn’t been!

Here are a few pictures of my work over the last few days.

Champion gets second washes:

Plague squad get first and second washes:

Bikers get some ink:

Champion gets attached to his base and ‘Ard Coat on the gore:

Warband is now ready to march onto their final highlight!:

Close-ups of the Plague Marines:

Close-ups of the Bikers:

Completely unrelated paintings that have nothing to do with Miniatures:

With family coming to visit tomorrow and traveling back to the UK Monday, tonight will be the final push to get the miniatures finished in time for the Call of Chaos.

Rikkumon.

It is done!

Quite rightly I have the Nurgle’s Rot myself. Turns out that staying up until 1:30am painting, with a bottle of red wine as my only friend, followed by waking at 6:30am this morning to sort the house before people arrive has not helped the cold plague.

The weather is pretty overcast here in Hong Kong so the pictures are a little muted. One of the things I want to sort out when I come back in the New Year is a method of taking better pictures and I will bring a non-phone camera back too.

But until then here’s what I hope you all came to see, my Call of Chaos 7 vow, complete:

The whole warband/ vow:

Plague Marine group shot:

Plague Marine close ups:

Biker Group shot (I am missing three backpacks because I left them in a box in the UK >_<):

Biker close up:

Good luck to all other devotees to the call.

Rikkumon

Archived