I have completely revamped my army list, selling off a few bits and models. I have decided to redo and completely revamp the IA of my chapter. I've decided to make my chapter a 2nd founding chapter succeeding from the Raven Guard. here are the details. Photos to follow soon.

The Elysian Falcons

Founding: 2nd Founding
Primarch: Corvus Corax
Successors of: Raven Guard
Descendants: None
Homeworld: Ligarius IV
Fortress Monastery: Fortress of Agoston
Specialty: Assault & Intelligence.
Colours: Dark Blue, Bone, Gold and Purple
Battlecry: “Ad Infinitum!” – “To Infinity Without End!”

16013730876_97732e69d1_z.jpg

Veteran Sergeant of Squad 1. Not yet finished as you can see.
15852228810_8c0c54edcc_z.jpg

16039507945_68c8a8d3a3_z.jpg

That is the start. Here's the models that have been stripped and spray painted already.
16013731266_8b3920c0e6_z.jpg

15417225004_9e12a34081_z.jpg

Here was a photo of my old paint scheme lol, so bad.

I like your marines. So, they are blue and of Ultramarine descent and Celestial Zealots is a damn good name in my opinion. It fits very well. some ideas could be Cobalt Zealots, Cobalt Crusaders, Celestial Defenders, Celestial Knights, Celestial Praetors. There's lots of names you can work your theme into. 

Your old scheme isn't badly painted. Garish maybe, but not poorly done. Turns out it's the Celestial Lions' scheme in reverse. Now those guys were a fahsion crime. No wonder the Inquisition killed them off. laugh.png

That said, your painting has certainly improved since the old color scheme. I'd keep the shoulder pads black. Maybe change the rim color, but I'm not sure.

The thing was with my old scheme , the paint was too thick and the edge highlighting too broad.  Also I didn't apply a layer after i washed also... That's why i thought the old scheme was bad lol. Anyways, I'm getting the finecast librarian in terminator armor. Im thinking of adding a cape to him with green stuff. But Im gonna need to do more research on that first.

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: Sorry for the double post but here is an update on the forces of the Celestial Zealots Chapter!

First 2 photos are pictures of the terminator assault squad and Librarian/Chapter master.

Things to do:

-Get shoulder pads on

-Get purple paints for Claws

-Command feathers for veteran seargent

The last photo is a pic of all the tactical marines thus far painted. I have about 6 more to paint then Im finished. Although I do need to figure out what colour the eyes should be. Thinking of a green glaze over the white. Also need to to tactical squad markings.

My Librarian model is gonna double up on being a chapter master as well. Is there nay good greestuff modelling tutorials on capes? Any suggesstions on what to do to pimp out my Libaraian in TDA?

Thank you so much guys for your support. Just a quick question: Does anyone know where to get a radar for a damocles rhino? I cant seem to find a conversion part for one.

I am getting parts from scribor miniatures and also forgeworld parts to upgrade my rhino and land raider. 

Land Raider Parts:

=http://sciborminiatures.com/i/conversion_parts_2012/big/angel_conversion_set2_01.jpg

http://sciborminiatures.com/i/conversion_parts/big/angels_relief.jpg

http://sciborminiatures.com/i/conversion_parts_2011/big/spartan_decorations_2_01.jpg

Damocles ( Command Rhino): 

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space_Marine-Vehicle-Accessories/RHINO---PREDATOR-REINFORCED-ARMOUR.html

I am also working on my storm talon. I will post pictures up soon.

Ok so heres' another update. I probably wont be painting for two weeks. I've just ordered forgeworld parts to make a armored command rhino. I've also ordered more paints to finish painting the little pieces on my tactical squads. However I have nearly finished painting my stormtalon (have one more to go) and base painted my 2nd out of 3 rhinos. I will post pics of the things once I get them. I promise I will use a better camera next time. IA - Coming soon!

Plans as follows:

- Paint Rhino

- Convert and paint command Rhino

- Buy 5 assault Marines and finish building squad of 10

- Buy another Storm Talon

- Convert Librarian in TDA and pimp him out to be chapter master

Anyways here are some pics of what I've been doing lately

16907971778_490b6f502a.jpg20150410_180504

17094243802_22aa3fdd35.jpg20150410_180432

16907972528_45b6f57f29.jpg20150410_180514

16909551679_bc67b50b64.jpg20150410_180347

Hey guys, just received more bits for my army and more paints that i needed, just wanted to show you all what I've been working on. Hopefully i will be getting a better camera soon.

For some of the photos I used flash so you can see the highlights because the camera on my phone sucks.

Anyways the first few photos are of the Librarian in TDA which will count as my Chapter Master. I will be pimping him out more using GreenStuff to do it. I'm gonna add a cape to him and more details. 

16509181773_2c4d89d7f1.jpg

16509180893_db0d60e21f.jpg

The next photos are with Assault Terminators. I want to pimp them out too, I want them to be count as Honor Guards with the Librarian. Any Ideas on bits?

16506905094_5efe7366c6.jpg

First Tactical Squad finished with pimped out sergeant. I will add squad markings soo. I have some awesome decals coming my way soon.

17129333835_a207ef53ec.jpg

16943150459_0110146d2e.jpg16941559838_6e0fdf0519.jpg

Overall I am quite happy with the paint job of these mini's. Just wish I had a better camera. Hopefully soon. Still got to touch them up a little, but these minis are fine so far.

Cheers, I'm very open to suggestions and C&C are very welcomed. Great News, I have the basis info of my chapter

In 738.M40 the Imperium founded the twenty sixth founding of several new space marine chapters. Among the many newly founded chapters, The Celestial Zealots chapter were forged. The Celestial Zealots have a very strong sense of duty in exterminating the Xenos threat especially the Tyranids.

A great warrior of courage named Titus Eracio of the Ultramarines who had served valiantly, was chosen to serve and lead the newly born Celestial Zealots. It was up to him now to make sure that his brothers were trained rigorously to serve the emperor with all their zeal.

The Celestial Zealots were primarily a fleet based chapter soaring through space in endless time. During this time the Imperium had come under attack by the new alien threat known as the Tyranids. The Celestial Zealots had sent many scout ships to monitor the Segmentum Solar system. Luckily one of the scout ships saw the approaching Hive to a certain world. The Celestial Zealots were now in a race against time to defend the planet from the rancid fiends.

Fortunately The Celestial Zealots arrived on time and warned every inhabitant to prepare and defend their planet. Many of the inhabitants were amazed and surprised by their arrival as they had never anything like the Space marines before. However the inhabitants were more than compliant to the orders of Eracio and welcomed their new allies. The Chapter waited for the arrival of the Tyranids and prepared cautiously as this was the first time they had ever faced a foe such as this.

Heavy Artillery and many of the Chapters companies were deployed under Eracio’s directions. The inhabitants were used to make fortifications and to gather supplies for the Chapter. Eracio had made to be sure that this world would stay claimed for the Imperium untainted by Xenos.

Finally the Tyranids arrived but only to their disappointment as they saw that The Celestial Zealots had already prepared to
face them. Both sides engaged furiously in the blood fight. Death tolls on both sides were high. The Ligarius IV had been under attack by the Tyranids for just a few hours and the casualty toll of the inhabitants were already accumulating. Most of the marines on the front line were getting killed faster than they could hold off.

The first company of The Celestial Zealots were in charge of the front-lines, however majority of them were killed and pinned down in the trenches of the front lines. However the Tyranids were also running out of numbers to overwhelm the defence. Eracio knew that this was going to happen. The wise master prepared a huge fortification where all the inhabitants were gathered and the majority of the chapter were armed with heavy artillery to deliver the final blow to eradicate these fiends once and for all off their planet. The wise master and the last squad of the company rushed back to the fortification.

Explosions and bullets were tearing through the skies. The battle brothers at the fort started to open fire but this time with more firepower. Eracio commanded that sets of explosions was to be delivered near their fort. The effect of it was devastating. The whole of the surviving Hive were nearly destroyed. Izgon and his battle brothers arose out of the fort and fought the remaining fiends with all their might. On the corner of Izgon’s eye, he saw the hive tyrant, he immediately leaped forward to slay the beast. Bullets ripping through the rib cage of the tyrant weren’t enough. The master ran out of his bullets and had to rely on his pure strength.

After six long hours of struggling, all the remaining of the Tyranids were now all eradicated. The remainder of the Chapter and inhabitants gathered around the Eracio and the hive tyrant. Tears started to roll down the cheeks of the inhabitants as they saw Eracio as their personal saviour dying in front of them. The rest of the marines knelt and bowed down in honour around the master. As he was lying on the ground he turned his head to the right and saw a young man. He noticed that this young man fought like no other and had great potential. He beckoned him to come over to his dying body and commanded that Ligarius should be recruited to be a Celestial Zealot. The Chapter Master bid his final farewell and left the rest to the Captain of the first company - Lephisto Izgon.

The battle reports were sent to the High Lords of Terra and granted The Celestial Zealots Ligarius IV as their home world. Their courageous act of duty was noted. How the Celestial Zealots defeated the Hive Fleet Medusa and Eracio killed the Hive tyrant will always be remembered in the hearts of those that fought in the war. Their valiant service in the name of the Emperor was never to be forgotten.

The people of Ligarius IV saw the chapter’s arrival as an answer to their prayers. They also saw it as a prophecy fulfilled which was prophesied by their leading chief many years ago. The Celestial Zealots were able to defeat the menace. Although their victory was great, it had also come with a great cost. The first company nearly wiped out and their Chapter Master dead. The death toll of the inhabitants would have soared if it weren’t for the timely arrival of The Celestial Zealots.

Lephisto Izgon the Captain made vigorous plans to rebuild the planet and replenish the First Company. The Fortress Monastery was built upon the ground where the Chapter Master died. Lephisto Izgon also sensed the great potential of Ligarius and took it as part of his duty to train and recruit him. Since the war Ligarius Sidonis is now the Captain of the Second Company and also the Chief Librarian. The Celestial Zealots are now roaming through space to fight for the Emperor and the Imperium.

Very good work here, I like how your army is progressing. The fluff is a pretty solid basis, some tightening (which will happen over time) will give you a really solid background. I mean two years later with limited source material I'm still hashing out the boundaries of my guys. 

Thank you all for your comments. I'm gonna take a small break from painting until May the 1st. Hopefully I receive all the bits I ordered and will build some stuff up for you guys. See you all in about 2 weeks!

So, Guess what came in the mail? My reinforced armor for the Damocles rhino I'm making. The paint is very wet. I'm gonna get a weapon for the turret: I know a Damocles rhino is meant to have a communication dish but a weapon is so much more bad ass!

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o566/wuwi9989/20150420_202827_zpszbkfw606.jpg

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o566/wuwi9989/20150420_203833_zpswdc1p5ic.jpg

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o566/wuwi9989/20150420_213559_zps4r8vctcn.jpg

Archived