rhinos

Aspiringchaoschampion

How many squads do you have?  Rhinos are just. . . useful to have, period.  They enhance mobility and provide an extra layer of protection between their contents and enemy firepower.  The only units that generally want something else are dedicated assault forces since the Rhino isn't an Assault Vehicle, but regular Plague Marines?  The Rhino is their friend.

Im running nurgle marked csm not plague marines tongue.png

@blade of sigismund excellent il look at picking a couple more up then

As it pertains to my point? Doesn't matter. If the squad isn't intended to simply charge up the gut and starting swinging chainswords, a Rhino's a good bet. Still, my mistake.

Just a small head's up. Plague Marines are much better, all around, then Nurgle-marked CSM. Like, ridiculously so. Lower Initiative, sure, but defensive grenades? More special weapons at smaller squad size? Feel No Pain? It's all just. . . better. One of the reasons basic CSM troops aren't very popular in most Chaos armies.

I try to put every Meq squad into a Rhino, with the exception only of heavy weapon squads I intend never to move. Since a typical squad runs somewhere between 175-250 points,and you'll probably have some support units, that's 4 or so at 1500 points. If you are planning an army's purchaces, I'd aim for getting 6 eventually, which is a good number for 2000 point games, and as many as you'll likely ever need.

A metal box is a glorious beast of burden which shields your men from the depredations of villainous enemies. I include two with my mechanized assault force and both are heavily upgraded with dirge casters, dozerblades, and havoc launchers. They are suitable as transports, mobile cover, fire support, and potential terrain. The utility of the rhino is not to be underestimated as many a time I did face a blob of infantry only to confuse and befuddle him with a wall of boxes. 

Use the rhino well and it's av11 chassi will honor you. 

• 2 months later...

Gabriel Seth

- Command Squad

Razorback [Twin Linked Assault Cannon]

Librarian

Vanguard Veteran Squad

Razorback [Twin Linked heavy flamer

Death company x6

Razorback [Twin Linked Assault Cannon]

Tactical Squad [Flamer, Heavy flamer, Rhino

Tactical Squad [Flamer, Heavy flamer, Rhino

Assault Squad [2x Meltagun] Rhino

Devastator Squad

··Razorback [Lascannon & Twin Linked Plasma Gun]

I only play for fun, not at all competitive but think it's fairly balanced, I enjoy corral with heavy flamers and tank shock, mobile cover, tactics with rhinos and Razorbacks which also take hits while the guys are getting out and doing their thing

• 3 weeks later...

Archived