BasementBatreps: Ultramarines Vs DE | 1750 Pts | Round 2

tylertt

Hey All, 

Got another batrep in for you, with the Ultramarines returning to try and take on the Dark Eldar once again.

I know I kind of screwed up with the Centurions, but I would like some advice on any mistake I made in the report. This is only my 4th game using the Ultramarines, and I still have a lot to learn :).

Hope you enjoy, and appreciate all of the feedback!

Ultramarines Vs Dark Eldar

1750 Pts

Crusade

Thanks or the batrep.

Yeah everyone and their cyber mastiff are having trouble against the space clowns. At least you figured out the best way to deal with them, assault. Try a scout squad with a speeder storm next time you play these against these guys that way they can't run away from you as easy. Give the speeder a heavy flamer and see him cry as you toast his venoms cargo and deny him cover saves for the venom/raider. At the same time.

If the centurions are footing it giving them a tanking character that can also protect them in combat ( and also get them out of combat so they can shoot) is good otherwise make them invisible. By they way I don't know if I heard right but it sounded like you said the centurions have 18" range. The grav cannon have 24" range and the grav gun have 18" range.

Wow I am a total fool! I completely missed Grav CANNONS being 24" :P. 

Still extremely new to Marines, and have over looked a thing or several aha. Appreciate the advice brother, and hopefully I can turn the tide for the next battle against the Dark Eldar. 

I was also thinking that Tigurius with Las Devestors could help drop down the Wave Serpents or Farseer quickly if I got the ignores cover power. The Eldar component is the one that is really giving me the most trouble.

Look forward to a rematch soon :).

If his wave serpents have that thing where they downgrade pens to glances you're still going to get better results with the grav cannon. If you get perfect timing I would shoot the censored.gif out of his farseer first chance I get (he obviously thinks jinking will save him all of the time since he runs around on his own)

Yeah the Farseer would be targeted as soon as he came into view. He usually runs him with the Mantle of the laugh god relic, which essentially give him a +2 reroll-able cover save when jinking. 

Archived