My Blood Angels force is ready- need input and advice

Helias_Tancred

Hail brothers. Its taken me a long time but I have my initial blood angels force ready for battle! I'm looking for some feedback and advice on how to best use the forces I have. I will be playing my first battle at my local GW shop on Tuesday.

10 man tactical squad, flamer, missile launcher, sergeant with plasma pistol and chain sword. Dedicated transport Rhino w/missile and storm bolter

10 man death company, bolters, 1 infernus pistol, 2 powerfists. Their transport is a land raider redeemer w/double melta up top.

10 man assault squad, jumpacks, 2 melta guns, sergeant with powerfist and bolt pistol.

5 man assault squad, jumpacks,  melta gun, sergeant with infernus pistol

Chaplain, jump pack, bolt pistol and crozius arcanum. Attached to the 5 man assault squad.

Captain Tycho, attached to the 10 man death company riding in land raider redeemer.

5 man scout squad, 4 sniper rifles, 1 missile launcher, camO cloaks.

Furioso dreadnought, frag cannon, blood claw, flamer, magna grapples. Dedicated transport is drop pod.

Dreadnought, dual las cannon, blood claw, flamer. Dedicated transport is drop pod.

*I also have Dante, not sure whether to use him? If I do he would probably be with one of the two assault marine elements.

* near future purchase, 5 man sanguinary guard squad and a storm raven that will be armed with hurricane bolters on the sides, multi-melta, and dual las cannon.

My basic strategy will be a hammer and anvil approach. My anvil will be the  the two dreadnoughts that I will drop at a crucial point among my opponents lines, and then race the land raider with the DC and Tycho (hammer) to link up with the Dreads. Also the 10 man assault squad or the 5 man assault squad along with the chaplain will be used to reinforce the dreads (hammer). My intent is to start off hitting my opponent very hard and not let up. My tactical squad and scouts can seize objectives. I will keep one of the assault marine elements (prolly the 5 man+ chaplain) as a rapid reaction force to use where needed.

Advice, feedback for this newbie?

Thanks.

"FOR THE EMPEROR, FOR SANGUINIUS! DEATH DEATH!"

Hail brothers. Its taken me a long time but I have my initial blood angels force ready for battle! I'm looking for some feedback and advice on how to best use the forces I have. I will be playing my first battle at my local GW shop on Tuesday.

10 man tactical squad, flamer, missile launcher, sergeant with plasma pistol and chain sword. Dedicated transport Rhino w/missile and storm bolter

Go melta/heavy flamer (missile will always be snap-firing and is thus not a good investment), replace the plasma pistol with an Infernus Pistol and swtich the Rhino for a Drop Pod.

10 man death company, bolters, 1 infernus pistol, 2 powerfists. Their transport is a land raider redeemer w/double melta up top.

Land Raiders are pretty bad, I'm afraid. And there is next to no reason not to go with Jump Packs/BP/CCW on DC now. Keep the bolters on the two dudes with fists.

10 man assault squad, jumpacks, 2 melta guns, sergeant with powerfist and bolt pistol.

Drop the fist and break down into 2 5-man squads with 2 meltas each.

5 man assault squad, jumpacks,  melta gun, sergeant with infernus pistol

Go with two meltas rather than having and IP on the sarge.

Chaplain, jump pack, bolt pistol and crozius arcanum. Attached to the 5 man assault squad.

Chaplains I'm not crazy about. IF you really want to take him, attach him to your DC instead.

Captain Tycho, attached to the 10 man death company riding in land raider redeemer.

Tycho is just godawful. Drop him like the smoking turd he is.

5 man scout squad, 4 sniper rifles, 1 missile launcher, camO cloaks.

Replace with BP/CCW scouts.

Furioso dreadnought, frag cannon, blood claw, flamer, magna grapples. Dedicated transport is drop pod.

Blood claw... do you mean blood talon? Also, I'd recommend taking a melta rather than a HF on a fragnaught, just so you don't end up having no target for it after firing the frag cannon.

Dreadnought, dual las cannon, blood claw, flamer. Dedicated transport is drop pod.

Regular dreads are just not good, I'm afraid. For the points you could have a fast Autolas pred which would do the job much better.

*I also have Dante, not sure whether to use him? If I do he would probably be with one of the two assault marine elements.

I could jive well with all your Jumpers, yes.

* near future purchase, 5 man sanguinary guard squad and a storm raven that will be armed with hurricane bolters on the sides, multi-melta, and dual las cannon.

Hurricane Bolters are pretty meh. And Assault Cannon is better than dual las.

Comments in red.

Thanks.

I really don't have the options to make all those changes so I'm going to essentially roll with what I have. I should have prefaced my list with my current intentions, which are learn how to play, play for fun, and meet people in the hobby. If I'm not running the most min/maxed optimum setup I'ts ok. I still like to build my army around the fluff anyways (to an extent lol).

okay but you can still move some stuff around to give you your best shot!

115 Chaplin crown angelic the veritas vitae

165 Furioso Dreadnought, fragcannon, blood claw, heavy flamer, magna grapples drop pod

250 10 Death company, 2 powerfists

250 Land raider Redeemer single Melta

235 10 tacticals melta missile launcher with flak, sgt with infernous pistol

94   5 man scout snipers with cloaks and missle with flakk

135 5 man Assault squad no Jump packs, 2 Melta guns, Sgt 2 infernous pistols Drop Pod

220 10 man assault squad 1 flamer, vet sgt powerfist

125 Dreadnought Twin linked lascannon

all I did was move some of your special weapons and drop pods around. so think can all be done with some glue and time :)

I want to love tycho I really do but he doesn't do anything for our army, drop him and move the chap with DC in the landraider, single multimelta,  you cant take two but you will never be firing two so drop one. DC are going to be riding in there so no need for them to have the infernous pistols,

Chaplin I gave him the relic that causes fear, awesome, and the relic that give you an extra warlord trait from the strategic table, does way more for you army than tycho did and rerolls for death company. but he will die in most challenges so feel free to decline and sit out the fight, no one will judge you for trying to save that victory point.

Tacticals steal the melta from your assault squad and then combat squad your tacticals 4 marines and the sgt in the rhino shooting the melta and infernous pistol, other 5 man in cover shooting the missle launcher. (2 flakk missiles most likely are not going to take down a flyer, but it might cause him to jink and that is a good use of those points)

Next to those 5 tacticals with the missile launcher goes the dreadnought to support them. doesn't make sense to put a long range gun on someone you are going to drop in danger close, let him fire that gun at range and if anything come in to take out your troops assault them with the dread.

Scouts, in cover monstrous creature hunting and trying to make a flyer jink.

In reserves not deep striking put the 10 man assault squad. they are not really going to kill much but they are a good jammer unit. You are not going to need them till late game. let them come one turn 2 or 3 and support the scouts or tacticals.

Frag cannon dred. AWESOME SAUCE go toast a squad and then soak fire with your AV 13 a lot is going to shoot at this and it will most usually die that's fine, get first blood and move on.

The 5 man assault squad, pop off those jump packs, give them 2 meltas and sgt the 2 infernous pistols from death company and the dreadnoughts drop pod. They will drop down and try and kill a tank and with 4 meltas have a really good chance.

This is still very fluffy and keeps to the core of your army but maximizes your chances. Good luck brother take pictures and battle report when you are done. 

Archived