Forge World

Eisenhorn31388

So I've been eyeballing some kits over on the Forge World site but I can't decide what would fit best with an army full of later-mk armor. I love the MKII and III assault squads and tactical squads but they don't match anything I have. Have any of you had similar problems? What did you end up adding? I need some FW goodies in my life.

Just a little fluff fyi, Mk III cant use jump packs due to how heavy the armor is because of the extra forward plating.

For a later mk army, the Mk IV kits would be good; look into destroyer marines and recon marines too for different Mk IV bodies with different poses and gear. Mk IV also comes woth the single thruster jump packs like the SG have just no wings.

Other kits to look into would be the flyers and tanks, especially the sicarisn, storm eagle, fire raptor, pred. Executionner and maybe the Spartan.

I've been eyeing the sicaran. That's definitely a possibility. The only thing about the MKIV I don't like is that I can't justify spending that much on armor that is already included in a $40 box from GW. I'm probably gonna end up with the tank and making a new army out of MKIII just so it doesn't clash.

Honestly, when you see resin Mk IV irl youll probably hate the plastic one from then on. I know i do. Just the helmet alone raises my ire.

Just look at JackDaws BA plog, he uses a lot of forgeworld stuff.

As an Imperial Fist i whole heartedly suppoer Mk III and a sicarian.

Beakies/Mark VI - gotta have some in an army, plus no problems with jump packs msn-wink.gif

Failing that, Mark IV, although if you really want Mark III in your army, you could always use it for Tactical/Dev Sergeants/units or for kitbashed HQ's smile.png

Or say to the Eye with Mk 3 being too heavy for jump packs and just find some 3rd party packs that are suitably large. That what I'll be doing once I have a bit more disposable income come February.

Use the Manticore rockets as jump packs. Deathstrike missile will do as relic jump pack ;)

On a slightly more serious note, stick with Mk3. The fluff would go that those JP units are not meant to use the JP as tools for rapid relocation, but instead as weapons. They use the crushi g weight of the Mk3 to instead the impact when descending on enemies.

There is tons of ways to find your way around it. 40k is far too big to have no exceptions to the rule. Be creative. Corax had a JP that could lift a Primarch after all Oo

Thanks kol! Wouldve answered sooner but ive been on a plane these past 20 hours (flying to asia! Yay! /sarcasm) to visit family.

And while internet on a plane is now a thing it is beyond horrid.

Archived