Crusade of Wrath - Final Report

Acebaur

It is in progress. I would like to think that we will be able to release it before the next round of battles take place.

If you have an idea for a badge or have done some artwork, shoot Ace, MM, and myself a PM.

+++Transmission received+++

+++Priority Alpha Status+++

Brother Marshal Sevenius, intelligence from our brothers of the Astral Claw reports that a warband of traitors fitting the description of the Arr Demski - my quarry from Thracian Primaris - has been operating within the Argos Nebula.

Until their presence can be ascertain, I am placing my fighting company under your command to further prosecute the pacification of the Argos sub-sector.

For Sigismund and for Dorn!

Marshal Remus

+++Message Ends+++

A first battle report has been posted on the relevant thread.

Also I will attempt to paint an assault squad and my marshal conversion :

http://reho.st/self/eebc7a660e496dad68e06a323fae86415897ce16.jpg

Yes that's the emperor's champion model but I want to use it to make my Marshal and achieve something along the line of the first pic in this thread : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/292060-rare-and-cool-templar-art/?do=findComment&comment=3710709

Challenge has been (partially) fulfilled, Marshal Remus has donned his artificer armour, taken the Burning Blade and his grav-pistol and is ready to smite the foes of the Emperor :

http://reho.st/self/56b8dcae78fb5409c84ea11c07c9e22d6147b954.jpg

The assault squad is painted, but needs to be fully assembled (as well as adding trimmings like crusader seals and grenades) :

http://reho.st/self/94d0173dfab29cc32a2149c5b1db8b1a5a126a56.jpg

Inflixi Sine Crusade

Background:
The crusade Inflixi Sine was declared when a Black Templar Keep was attacked on the triple moon Jy Nixos by Word Bearer Prophet known as "Balzor the Unleashed". Although the traitor force was purposefully in route to the Argus Nebula for unknown reasons the Keep's lone edificer and leader, Master of the Forge Bildaer, led the few stationed there to head off the traitor's force even if that meant selling their lives for the Imperium. The Keep fired on the traitor ship and was met by a small invasion. The Templar's drove the assualter's back to their ship laying low many traitor's but were served a mighty blow themselves when Bildaer suffered a mortal wound when killing a pair of Maulerfiends attacking the Keep. As the Traitor's ships left the moon's atmosphere those remaining took up the mantle of assualt on the fleeing foe.

There were only initiates and only a single techmarine under the tutelage of Bildaer surviving the attack. Though small in number and experience they proved they had the zeal to survive and they desired to see the traitors fall upon their vengeful blades, their destroyed Keep restored.
In contact with The Eternal Crusade they were awarded the Crusade title even without a present Marshal in honor of Bildaer's bravery and service. Thus they rallied their resources from the charged Keep in pursuit entering the Argus Nebula.
They entered the NX-02 sector of the Argus Nebula and heeded the call of the Crusade of Wrath......

Okay, I've got a bunch of ebay rescues I'm going to be stripping and repainting so I figured why not throw them down here. We'll be reinforcing the forces in NX-01 and this will most likely consist of a two part challenge the first part will be a partial squad consisting of 1 Sword Brother w/ claws, 1 Initiate w/ power axe, and 1 Initiate w/ flamer. I may, depending on time, add in an Initiate with melta to this group (basically all of my optional guys tongue.png). My goal is to have them done by the end of the first phase. For the second part I will be completing the bulk of the squad including a Sword Brother w/ power sword, Initiate w/ power sword, and at least 8 Initiates w/ BP/CCW. The goal there will be to have them completed by the end of the second phase.

Before shots in the spoiler of the first Sword Brother (which I've been sitting on for a while now without finishing, if that's not cool let me know) and the rest of the guys sitting in a simple green bath biggrin.png.

Ok I'll be finishing up this guy:

10887378_968330993196881_457517718249647

and these poor slobs:

10929971_992698307426816_119408784974277

EDIT: I've got my phase two stripped, shaved all the flash and mold lines off that the previous owner didn't care enough to clean dry.png, and primed for paint! I love it when a fresh coat of primer goes down and makes them look oh so new and SHINY!

10959532_995265177170129_440871080295188

Although I am but a humble Confessor, I have recently  waged battle on behalf of my templar brethren, and would like to detail this righteous engagement; and aid in the cleansing of the Argos Sector!   It would be an honor to fight alongside you once again brothers, too much time has elapsed since the ETL!

I see the suggested size is 500-1000 but I got a game in last night at 1200. Can that be submitted or no?

Absolutely - the 1000pt limit is more of a guideline, to encourage the appropriate level of Zeal. To go a little further is simply to be a Templar. ;)

Woot, so a couple days off in a row has me finished with 3 guys (I actually did the meltagun guy instead of the flamer, but if I have time before the end of this phase).

10942751_993543330675647_298519672346484

10405646_993543297342317_447866301962707

10933709_993543137342333_761784841153843

The Sword Brother is featuring my attempt at "lightning claw" Katars (punch daggers) and is actually the model I used to attempt the "facial tissue capes" that Brother Chaplin Kage provided us a tutorial for. The Initiate with power axe and the, rather flippant) "What?" Initiate with meltagun were left a bit on the plain side to acentuate their weapons. Of course for models that will see more table time then paint competitions msn-wink.gif I think they'll do just fine biggrin.png. Now I just need to jump on the flamer which I will hopefully have finished by Saturday (time permitting) and I can focus on getting the rest of the crusaders into fighting shape for phase two.

EDIT: I finished up the flamer Initiate last night:

10968339_994650393898274_594864884807951

1533834_994650390564941_6371836679207956

10806469_994650387231608_159500826850146

Results updated to this point.

Note: If you did not specify which sector your contributions applied to, I assigned them to NX-01. So check your posts and if you are Ok with NX-01, then nothing else need be done.

If not, send me a PM.

Cheers,

Been trying to upload a completed photo of my Stormtalon for 48hrs... blasted tech issues driving me mad. Is there anyone I could send the file to, to post on my behalf?

Honda, I also noticed in the batreps you said phase 1 was done... but it's not quite monday yet.. unsure of timezone diffs..

<Edit>

Thanks to one of our brethren who messaged me, thanks again Andrew (sorry Bloodcrusade, you were beaten by all of a minute) for sending me links to post with. Once I get off shift, I'll have the images online. Granted, I'm stuck posting photos from my massively crowded craftbench as I'm in the process of moving. My craft bench and army will be they VERY last thing to move! 

1960849_995623073801006_3411620901051694

10887658_995623077134339_893610536905726  

I'll probably wind up tweaking it further down the road.. but for now, it's where I am happy with it, without messing it up. Tried to make the front Templar cross match the circular version from the last Crusade Expansion Challenge badge.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/57429F89-9FCB-43B7-AF4B-750F35DB1D10_zpsvdfxkzab.jpg

------------------------------

+++Ordo Militum - Servitor A6745 - Log+++

+++Vox-record#26738+++

+++Information derived from concealed listening device, planted in the office of Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor <REDACTED>+++

"That will be all, scribe."

"Of course my Lord, but..,"

"Out with it, or I'll have you hollowed."

"Ye-yes, m-my lord! As you know, we have been monitoring all communications in and out of the Argos Nebula. Your concerns appear to have been well-founded."

"There is nothing 'well' when the foul taint of the traitor infects the hearts of the Emperor's people."

"Erm, quite, sire. In this case, your intuition appears to have been correct. We have heard several alarming messages, indicating a substantial concentration of traitor forces in the region. Their attacks are growing bolder, and encouraging Xenos raiders to prey on Imperial assets."

"As I feared; whom can we suit for aid?"

"It appears that won't be necessary; We have received notice from Chapter Master Huron of the Astral Claws that he has already requested aid from suitable allies."

"I have never liked the arrogance of that Astartes, he is intolerable even for one of those creatures. What pet chapter has he demanded join him?"

"Actually, he has been granted the assistance of the Black Templars.'

"Ha! I suspect he will find them less compliant than he hoped. They refer to other Astartes as 'lesser chapters!' If only I could see his face when they do. How many have they sent to his cause?"

"Truth be told, sire, we have no idea yet. All I know is that an envoy appeared a short time ago bearing a banner, which he declared as the onset of the Crusade of Wrath."

*a loud spluttering sound (it appears the inquisitor has choked on his drink)*

"Emperor's Throne! They launched a bloody crusade? I've never been so glad we sit this side of the maelstrom; you wouldn't want to get in their way. There'll be a hell of a drain on resources too, they tend to 'requisition' whatever they can find a use for. Know this - this isn't Huron's show any longer. The Templars have planted their banner and they will see their enemies burn. Have we really NO idea of their numbers yet?"

"Vessels have been dropping in system with some regularity, but they do not acknowledge our demand for information - at full capacity there could be many hundreds, and they appear to have come from many different points of origin. We recognised a few from their heraldry though, Marshal Sevenius is among them."

"Good, the old rogue will direct their energies straight at the heart of the Traitors. Spread the word to support them as necessary, and our sector may yet experience a period of peace, if the foe is driven back into the warp."

"Indeed, Sevenius appears to have done just that. The latest reports from sector NX-01 make the Templars arrival seem like a hammer-blow, multiple enemy fortifications have been obliterated and several of our own orbital stations have been cleansed and returned to the Emperor's light. Traitor forces have been routed and fallen back to reinforce in NX-02. The advance has slowed there, with some small successes, but it is too dangerous for our own forces to push into the region to get a true assessment."

"Sounds like the Templars are busy establishing a staging ground. Does this mean MORE are likely to show up? Fine, keep me updated. All information on this 'Crusade of Wrath' is to be considered priority Alpha, I wish to be voxed new details at all times."

"Of course, my Lord."

*footsteps recede - recording ends*

---------

+++Ordo Militum Inquisitorial Branch Report+++

- Unprecedented Black Templar presence in NX-01.

- Unwilling to freely provide asset information.

- Refused an unscheduled check by Ordo Militum personnel.

Request: Sanction for official investigation.

+++Status: Denied+++

- Unsatisfactory evidence.

- Asset deemed above reproach.

- Maintain sector surveillance.

+++File Closed+++

-----------------------------------

---------

+++Ordo Militum Inquisitorial Branch Report+++

- Unprecedented Black Templar presence in NX-01.

- Unwilling to freely provide asset information.

- Refused an unscheduled check by Ordo Militum personnel.

Request: Sanction for official investigation.

+++Status: Denied+++

- Unsatisfactory evidence.

- Asset deemed above reproach.

- Maintain sector surveillance.

+++File Closed+++

-----------------------------------

I just have to say that this may be one of my favourite reasons to be Templar......

Sweet. Will we be getting the Phase 2 special rules later today/tomorrow then? And with NX-01, that should mean that we have access to the warp routes and launch our assaults into 2, 3, or 6 correct?

With NX-02 under siege from several of our Brothers already, I plan and skipping to NX-06 for my next battle and see if we can't establish more jump routes to better maneuver across the Nebula.

I just have to say that this may be one of my favourite reasons to be Templar......

I can't help but read this as "We tried a while back, it didn't end well, please leave it be or we'll get paddled again".

Also I just realized to ask but who is in what part of the Nebula- the briefing asked us to coordinate attacks and I think it would be good to know who is in my sector (NX-02) so I can see who is here to coordinate an attack with them (such as according to some one else's game influences my objectives or lists?) So where are you all at?

When are we getting the special rules for phase 2?

I've got the urge to purge furious.gif

They are coming, I apologize I've had a busy week and haven't been able to get as much done as normal. That said remember they are optional and you can certainly play a normal game and it will count.

Also I just realized to ask but who is in what part of the Nebula- the briefing asked us to coordinate attacks and I think it would be good to know who is in my sector (NX-02) so I can see who is here to coordinate an attack with them (such as according to some one else's game influences my objectives or lists?) So where are you all at?

You can see who attacked where in the batrep section, but I think we can certainly make a list for the end of each phase. I'll work on it.

If you don't want to wait for mission special rules, you can go ahead and play games. Points limit is up to 2000 points. Playing smaller games is still allowed but there may be an advantage to a larger scale assault.

+++After the pacification of NX-01 it has been discovered that there is a stable warp route to NX-06. You may attack NX-06 or NX-03 in addition to NX-02+++

Sweet. Will we be getting the Phase 2 special rules later today/tomorrow then? And with NX-01, that should mean that we have access to the warp routes and launch our assaults into 2, 3, or 6 correct?

With NX-02 under siege from several of our Brothers already, I plan and skipping to NX-06 for my next battle and see if we can't establish more jump routes to better maneuver across the Nebula.

I am with you, Brother. My forces have pursued a contingent of renegades through the hidden warp route and arrived in NX-06. Hopefully some of our other Brethren will finish securing NX-02 and push into NX-03.

Archived