In Midnight Clad.

causon13

Hi all,

I had a World Eaters army which I had to sell recently... but have managed to pick up Kurze and a few other guys recently... as I'm wanting to spend time painting figures I like rather than one specific army...

However I painted up a Night Lord (still WIP) so I could test out the scheme before i applied to it the Night Haunter... 

15454880203_a1f12f10bb_b.jpg

16074545675_21fc668178_b.jpg

Hope you like him so far.

• 2 weeks later...

So these two are going to be the Headsmen of 2 of my eventual 3 terror squads. Using Dark Elf spears from the Chariot box set and some brass rod they've now got some lovely chainglaives...

Should be receiving a rather hefty order from FW tomorrow with the rest of my infantry... so another Headsman will be required.... What are your thoughts so far, gents?

16166502782_057faf5a5b_b.jpg

The dark blue you have done is beautiful, as for the fleshtone ive seen variations, i do mine quite grey, chickenleg does his different and so on, what you've done is great so if you are comfy with it don't change it. Wicked cool spears!

Thanks everyone for the kind words, very much appreciate I can assure you.

I've put together a third headsman, who is just missing the spear tip - which is in the post from the US!

I also present to you my Praetor, Oberon. I've now got itchy feet on whether to change his sword to a chainglaive like the rest - afterall there is no exact definition of what a Paragon blade has to look like!

For giggles... I also attach a few other WIP guys I've put together recently... your thoughts are most welcome!

16176745782_7bd1d3d31b_b.jpg

16177501405_d22419e72a_b.jpg

15555137934_3c4d0d521f_b.jpg

15991443329_8473f863f2_b.jpg

15990060048_4386d85d6b_b.jpg

Paint job is great, as you said though you want a more pale complexion though. I used Palid Wych Flesh as a starting point myself hopefully that will get you in the right tone range that works for you.

Nice work on those Custom Chainglaives they really do look the part, I also like the simple additions you have added to some models that have brought out the NL feel.

Thanks a lot mate, I appreciate it. Funnily enough I started with Rakarth Flesh but using druchii violet/leviathan purple to wash the face was perhaps a little too strong, and I will tone it down a bit next time!

I have tried to make each one an individual, because as we know the Night Lords had their gangs back on Nostramo. I'm trying to bring that in somewhat with an implication of violence attached to each model. A lot of them have trophies from fallen enemies... likely to be painted in the Dark Angels colours (or perhaps a collection of my regular opponent's Livery!).

I've made a change to one of the Headsmen with glaives, one I feel much happier about. Thoughts?

15566274834_9697da739a_b.jpg

loving the marines mate! These are exactly how i picture night lords, mean, dark, but still warriors. My only nitpick is the spike on the mk2 marines head. Never much liked that look whether it be on deathguard sons of horus or now nght lords, but thats just me. Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks for your comment DimDIm. I hope you like these too.

May I present my Legion Champ Seraphis Mor, who dons a Flesh Glove, to keep his hand soft for when he pets the rabbits and other furries... and my revisited Praetor Oberon with a chainglaive.

Also two contemptors ghosting in at the end. Hope you like 'em... 

16038599720_f9c0283963_b.jpg

15606112753_d9272dcb64_b.jpg

16039853859_2f9396b189_b.jpg

Where is the champions sword from? That's a great bit. Good conversions!

-the boater

thanks man, as Thrillhouse says it's from the Zombie Dragon from the Vampire Counts range. They have a lot of goodies to be used with NL... I'm still waiting for some more goodies to arrive shortly to add... I love the gubbinz...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived