Wondering how to fix this...

Chefzilla

I think he wants a solid yellow tail going by the description of the photo.

It looks like a thin coat of yellow brushed on - and if you're trying to achieve a solid yellow you are going to have to build several layers.

I'm sure somebody with way more experience will come along and have some better advice,  but to me it looks like you'll need several coats of yellow.

Especially with the green primer vs. using a white or light grey or even light brown.

again just my .02  

You may need to do several more layers.  But despite frustration, be sure to keep the paint thin, or you'll end up with an ugly textured finish.  There's a reason people hate painting yellow.  And vehicles.  But yellow vehicles? :lol:

Save yourself a lot of time and trouble and get some masking tape, newspaper, and a can of yellow primer. Tape off the section you don't want yellow using the masking tape and newspaper then spray the tail yellow.

I was going to suggest much the same, except for spraying the tail with white primer and then yellow paint — but whatever you do, use yellow spray paint, since brush-painting it will give you a lot of trouble avoiding brush marks.

For next time, I’ll suggest a better painting order: first spray the tail yellow, then paint the rest of the model.

Yellow on top of anything but ochre or white/grey is an exercise in futility.  I was going to advise you to quickly rebase with whatever ochre or white/gray foundation paint GW has these days (I still keep my pots of Iyanden Darksun and Dheneb Stone.. but a quick look at what GW have now tells me Averland Sunset Ceramite White are what you want, and probably easier to work with due to being lighter colors).

The masking tape + reprime was also sound advice, and I'm glad it worked out in the end :)

Archived