Do you think we will get a supplement?

Rafen IX

Greetings brothers,

as a new owner of the shield of Baal: exterminatus books I have to say I'm underwhelmed by one thing. The artwork is sublime, the story fantastic the characters great.

The formations however...disappointing, the space wolves supplement saw some great formations which give unique edges. Ours are either hugely expensive, requiring almost apocolypse level games to use, or seem slightly sub par. This could be because they were designed for campaign specific use or not.

Not to say I won't be play testing them though against my main opponant who is a 'nid player and great rejoicing over this campaign has been had lol.

I'd like to stress again how much I've enjoyed this awesome campaign gw have released.

Back to the meat of the question, do you think we will get a supplement?

R

Not really. I think our formations and detachments in Exterminatus were the answers to a lot of blood Angels players wishes for the codex. But that's me.

For example if you run the formation that requires 3 Stormravens and 3 full tac squads, put a flamer and heavy flamer in them at most. Yes that is close to 1000 points. In an 1850-2000 point game you still have enough points to throw lots of jump packing DC or even more assault marines and HQ at your opponent. That's a lot of PA to have in your opponent's teeth in one turn. This would negate the horrible range advantage of the average Eldar, Tau, or Imperial Guatd armies.

Sanguinary guard or assault squads, more priest slots? Lol

I'm not asking for a return to the old, there just seems a lot of (a) termie (b) tactical © almost apocalypse level games. Obviously I know that's gw's push.

Looking at them again I do like what's there, I just wanted abit less Footslogging termies :)

Sanguinary guard or assault squads, more priest slots? Lol

I'm not asking for a return to the old, there just seems a lot of (a) termie (cool.png tactical © almost apocalypse level games. Obviously I know that's gw's push.

Looking at them again I do like what's there, I just wanted abit less Footslogging termies smile.png

You can already do a Sang Guard-heavy list with the Baal Strike Force det, and Assault Squads is covered by the Flesh Tearers Strike Force. More priests? Is that really worth a supplement?

Is there a reason why the Archangels termies can't take a Land Raider?

I've not been following the campaign but have been thinking of getting this book for the formations (as I also play necrons) do you thnk it is worth it just for them?

Any chance of a rundown of what formations etc are in the book? Cheers :)

I've not been following the campaign but have been thinking of getting this book for the formations (as I also play necrons) do you thnk it is worth it just for them?

Any chance of a rundown of what formations etc are in the book? Cheers :)

Check out the "got exterminatus and white dwarf" thread. It's on the first page. Has all the things you need.

Greetings brothers,

as a new owner of the shield of Baal: exterminatus books I have to say I'm underwhelmed by one thing. The artwork is sublime, the story fantastic the characters great.

The formations however...disappointing, the space wolves supplement saw some great formations which give unique edges. Ours are either hugely expensive, requiring almost apocolypse level games to use, or seem slightly sub par. This could be because they were designed for campaign specific use or not.

Not to say I won't be play testing them though against my main opponant who is a 'nid player and great rejoicing over this campaign has been had lol.

I'd like to stress again how much I've enjoyed this awesome campaign gw have released.

Back to the meat of the question, do you think we will get a supplement?

R

I feel exactly the same.  Other than 1 formation, I can't see using them outside of huge games. 

Loved the story, loved the images in Exterminatus, but as a rule book not so much.

Not really. I think our formations and detachments in Exterminatus were the answers to a lot of blood Angels players wishes for the codex. But that's me.

For example if you run the formation that requires 3 Stormravens and 3 full tac squads, put a flamer and heavy flamer in them at most. Yes that is close to 1000 points. In an 1850-2000 point game you still have enough points to throw lots of jump packing DC or even more assault marines and HQ at your opponent. That's a lot of PA to have in your opponent's teeth in one turn. This would negate the horrible range advantage of the average Eldar, Tau, or Imperial Guatd armies.

That is a good formation, but how many of us own 3 storm ravens?

How? That is a formation so does not go towards a normal force org, that would be considered a separated detachment and you would still need to pay for a hq and 2 troops with still only having 3 fast slots. You would be taking either the formation as primary or secondary and be ba allied with ba

it's not "lots" of guys using the special ability, it's goin got be 2 ..maaaybe three units that get to make good use out of it.

it's base cast 1020 for the formation. then throw in a another formation or detachment to fill in the rest. the main problem is that you can easily make a list that auto loses first turn if you can't roll a 3+ on 2 dice.

the best leveraging of the special rule is 3 dreadnoughts arriving turn one with cassor the dammed a libby dread and a fragioso. having corbulo in on of the ravens granting your dreads +1 ini and WS and unit of scouts . with a few melta's on the tac squads and two FA drop pods to make sure you get the three podded dreads first turn.

just make sure you roll a 3+ :)

Archived