Lexington's Aurora Chapter - New Sternguard & Chapter Champ

Lexington

Wow, eight actual, human months since this thing last got an update. I am nothing if not a master of suspense.

Unfortunately, this isn't a promise of any regular commitment - this past year has seen some significant turbulence in my gaming scene, with the local 40K community collapsing under the one-two punch of GW's utter disregard for balance in the post-Necron Codexes and the hanging spectre of 40K's future AoSification. These have taken their toll on my own enthusiasm for Astartes-related conversion projects, so most of my gaming time and budget has been re-allocated to Infinity for the time being.

Enough with the navel-gazing, though - time to crank up some local goodness and get these guys back on track.

gallery_23421_10321_623139.png

gallery_23421_10321_101037.png

Decided the Junior Techmarine's pose was far too generic, so he got disassembled and rebuilt into something I'm much happier with. I originally intended to keep him bionics-free, believe it or not, mainly because I think the man/machine thing gets (maybe inevitably) overplayed when it comes to the Martian types, but getting a straight-legged pose out of plastic legs just wasn't working right. He still needs cleaning and finishing up (his left shoulderpad is currently just blu-tac'd on), but I like the feel he's giving off.

Also, to continue the Independent Characterful theme from other posts, here's a peek at Amaros, the Chapter's somewhat mysterious Chief Librarian:

gallery_23421_10321_181907.png

He's still in the early stages - notice the Dark Angels symbol on his leg that needs to come off, and the blu-tac holding his arm together. This is the general look he'll end up with, tho, and I'm pretty proud of that face/hood combo.

Lemme know thoughts, as always, and thanks to a couple of thread regulars here for poking me back into this project. :)

Still on the fence about Anvil Industry bionics, but the pose is spot-on.

The Librarian looks good, much prefer the more rounded hood. As BCK has said, giving the Green Stuff a quick go with sandpaper would be a good ida, just to smoothen it out :)

All in all, glad to see you back!

Archived