Solrac's Dark Angels WIP (updated 17/10/2017)

Solrac

So might as well do a step by step since I'm only painting one mini.

This is after washing the blue with Drakenhof Nightshade and 3 coats of watered down Ushabti Bone for the robe.

I'll wash the robe before bed with Seraphim Sepia to leave to dry overnight since it's getting pretty cold for Australia standards.

Also the Sword has naturally turned out nice going from dark blue to light blue and the wash darkening the inside. Should I keep it? I don't generally do blue swords with blue armour but this looks pretty good. Otherwise it will just be Leadbelcher with a Nulon Oil wash.

gallery_79185_10323_193950.jpg

gallery_79185_10323_228872.jpg

Edited by Solrac

Thanks guys. I'll end up doing a lighter blue layer with a brush on the raised bits to make it pop a bit.

The base 25mm to 32mm base extenders I bought were from Eccentric Miniatures. They are plastic and not resin so I can use plastic glue and sits very flush. You won't tell its an extension after I do the base as I use GW texture paint for my bases.

Got 100 extenders for $32USD which I thought was pretty good value.

Looks great! It is good inspiration for the Ezekiel model that I need to paint. Good work on the base too. The grass is a nice touch.

Well I promised you guys some updated photos of my collection. Finally got some good lighting in my back room. Pics didn't come out as well as i'd liked though :(

This is whats completed so far:

gallery_79185_10323_1199129.jpg

gallery_79185_10323_444389.jpg

gallery_79185_10323_116734.jpg

And this is what still needs paint/re paint:

gallery_79185_10323_1014048.jpg

Edited by Bryan Blaire
Removed Xenos focused images

Collection looks awesome, Solrac! Got to keep trucking to get through the remainder. Your Zeke really came together nicely, good work!

And sorry man, but I had to remove the pics that were posted that were Xenos focused in your cabinet shots. We'll forgive the wide angle shot showing some stuff, but focused images can only be board appropriate.

Edited by Bryan Blaire

That is a lot of green! Your venerable dread is looking great! The gold highlights work really well. I like your choice of armour plates on the body and legs. We don't see that combination very often.

That dread looks really nice! But my opinion may be a bit biased:

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN27491_zpsigqi0tot.jpg

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN27501_zps9fqn19sy.jpg

Great minds do think alike :laugh.:

Edited by GreyRavenC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...