Death Korps Inquisitorial detachment

irwit

Hi all

So I finally gave in and bought myself some death korps of krieg.  I've loved the models for years but never really got round to painting some.  Anyway,  santa has been good and I now have the beginnings of a decent sized army worth of the Krieg. 

I have a attached a pic of my first finished infantry,  I don't think these colours have been used before,  or at least I haven't seen them used.  Quite a JB type palette of colours with reds, browns and blacks.  The base is not final as I am not happy with the look but it will definitely be a snow base.  

I have more pics and larger res on my blog if you are interested,  link in my sig.  

Hope you like and thanks for looking.

Will. 

1420205923890.jpeg

Great paint job, and the red is very distinctive makes him look a little Napoleonic or perhaps Franco-Prussian war era! The base looks fine to me, maybe just needs a bit more? A Krieger just doesn't look right on his own though, he needs some mates sharpish ;)

Hi all

Glad the colour scheme seems to of gone down well.  I do enjoy the more traditional looks Krieg schemes but I wanted something that brought your attention to the face a bit more.  I think teh bright face and black eyes really gives you that faceless trooper but shows the model at its best with those emotionless round eyes.  

Anyway,  here is another infantry model I have finished.  

I should hopefully have a finished unit of these pretty soon,  they take a while to paint but i am really enjoying painting them,  the models are just fantastic. 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8S4XNVGcOLk/VKvR19WR9uI/AAAAAAAABbA/FdK1q8NtKTs/s1600/10862442_740235359383907_3487460473963250960_o.jpg

I like what you have done to it. The gold-ish gas mask, is it a freehand skull with crossed bones on it, you know like Jolly Roger or is it my tired eyes that deceives me. I also like the red tone, what paint did you use as a highlight? 

I like what you have done to it. The gold-ish gas mask, is it a freehand skull with crossed bones on it, you know like Jolly Roger or is it my tired eyes that deceives me. I also like the red tone, what paint did you use as a highlight? 

It took me a while to see what you were talking about,  its just how the highlights ended up,  tried to see the same thing on the model but I think its just the lighting on the pic.  

Paints for the red are quite a few,  I will post up a recipe soon but off the top of my head theres about 7 layers or so. 

Thanks,  I actually have just finished the 9th guy last night so one more to go and Im free to start the next unit.  

I have the Inquisitor modeled but not painted yet,  theres a pic on my blog of this guy in an early form,  hes got just the right stature next to the guardsman's. A little taller but less than a marine.   Link below. 

http://snakebiteleather.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/work-bench.html

• 2 months later...

These guys look great Irwit,

Especially like the attention paid to the lasguns and flamer the DKOK sculpts are fantastic and really suit a bit of brass to bring out the steampunk vibe - something I've always struggled with.

Great contrast with the red coats and black armour too, and always good to see someone pull off rivets on such a small scale - well done sir! 

Hi all

Firstly thanks for all the really positive feedback!  :)

Ill post up another couple of pics in here but as the models have gone down so well im going to dig out the DSLR and get some better quality pics as my nexus 4 camera isn't the best.  Anyway,  for now,  here are the other guys that are currently finished,  PLUS a sentinel that although I'm not happy with,  is kind of there.  

1428090895710.jpeg1428090893133.jpeg1428091197725.jpeg

These pictures are fine, you've clearly put some effort in to them and it shows. Would that I had the time! I'm going to be good and try and work on this though so I can have great pictures like these :) The Sentinel looks great, what do you think is wrong with it?

Keep up the excellent work, I'm looking forward to the time we get to see a grand army shot! :D

Archived