Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= The Liber Surgery =][=

The Liber Surgery Liber Q&A

• Please log in to reply
1907 replies to this topic

Lord Thørn

Lord Thørn

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,046 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Warriors Legion (XCIII)
Yep, if you're planning on writing them up one at a time with a more major development of each faction rather then just a few lines like you'd find in the Codex, then I'd split it into different threads in the different areas: remember to link them all together though! Id started writing about the Sarment Sector before the split came in - however, I got little C&C and few views, which I believe is due in part to people being more interested in IAs then in a region of space, at least until they've got into one of the factions. Eventually, I'd like to get back round to my sector, and then I'll be splitting it among the different sections

A middle ground you could think of is to have a single thread for all your IAs, and a single thread for all your IHs ?
  • walter h likes this

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 5,099 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Thousand Ideas

OK, so after some sleep and a little more thought on the matter, I'm thinking the all-in-one approach might be a better idea.

My reasonings:

* I plan to at least have the outlines for all the major factions in place before I start developing any one faction, so there is at least *some* information about all the key groups. So I'm at least beginning development of everything at the same time, though I doubt I'll update everything all at once after that.

* I'd only have to explain the Glastheim Rifts once, instead of once for each faction. (This includes any later edits to the Rifts, editing one topic instead of three or more seems like a good idea)

* I can have a 'general history' section that covers the history of the Rifts for all the factions, going into the specifics for individual factions within their own posts.

* Honestly, I'm less likely to get confused myself if I have everything I've written all in one topic. laugh.png

* If the topic becomes too bloated or it otherwise seems prudent to do so, I can move individual factions into their respective sub-forums later, whereas if I start with individual topics and then prune them down to one Master Thread that'd result in a bunch of dead threads and I'd then feel bad for littering in my favourite forum. tongue.png

Thanks for the input, brothers! I'll get back to work and hopefully soon I shall have everything all sorted out and ready to post. biggrin.png

• Lord Thørn likes this

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,867 posts
  • Chapter Name: BotL: XXth Legion - Predators

Hey guys,

got some questions:

I'd like to do an 8th edition upgrade for my Imperial Sons chapter. Is it feasible to let them being saved by the Indomitus Crusade? As they are a Ultramarines successor, I thought that being saved in the very last moment (while facing off against either Tau or Chaos forces) by their gene father could be a thing without being snowflake-ish. We know that RG crusaded across the entire Imperium, including the Imperium Nihilus.

Another question in terms of formatting:

Should I start a new thread and post the Dark Imperium version of my Imperial Sons in there or should I expand the existing one. If the latter, I fear that the article could become too big.

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_193556.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_86064.png

Brotherhood of the Lost: XXth Legiones Astartes, the Predators http://www.bolterand...-the-predators/
Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

Wargamer

Wargamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 672 posts
I think enough has changed that you could have a new Index. M42 is a very different place to M41.
  • Kelborn likes this

"Taekar!" - Supernovan motto, battle cry, insult and general-purpose word.

gallery_48988_11572_4635.png

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,867 posts

Imagine the following setting:

A sub-sector (around 20-25 systems, which was recently rediscovered and somehow saved by the Indomitus Crusade. The local imperial forces were saved in the moment of utter defeat against a splinter fleet of the 4th Great Expansion Sphere's fleet.

After reestablishing some kind of order (imperial forces have stabilized and are about to rebuild their strength with the help of some Primaris Marines), we got the following situation:

- Imperial Forces, most notably my First Order / Galactic Empire themed Imperial Sons (with new Primaris Marines) and their allies, about 6 systems under control

- Remaining Tau forces having retreated into a closeby Nebula, in which they colonize about 4 worlds and are forced to fight a guerilla war (somehow resembling the Rebel Alliance / Resistance)

- several "neutral" systems, which have to be reconquered / convinced of joining a side

- to a later point of time does a Space Hulk along with Genestealer Cults arrive in said realm, heralding the coming of the Tyranids

Now to my question. I'd like to implement a Chaos warband. Instead of creating a former and now turned renegade chapter, I'm thinking about to make use of one of the old Legions.

Which one would you think could fit the most?

- Alpha Legion for an all out war scenario, being the schemers, the manipulaters, more following their 30K doctrine (coupled with Chaos shenanigans)

- Word Bearers for a war of ideologies: twisted Imperial Truth vs. Greater Good vs. Dark Pantheon

- Thousand Sons for a "all sorcery" kingdom as a contrast to the technophiliac Tau and the "no psykers anymore allowed in here" Imperial Sons

- or a complete different approach, I'm overlooking

I think that a trinity of adversaries (for most of the time) could be more interesting & interacting than the typical 2 opponents scenario.

cheers,

Kel

• Brother Lunkhead likes this
tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_193556.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_86064.png

Brotherhood of the Lost: XXth Legiones Astartes, the Predators http://www.bolterand...-the-predators/
Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts
  • Chapter Name: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

A "trinity of adversaries" would definitely be a tasty choice, provided the scenario you build makes it logical for all parties to be present and not just a matter of them all happening to stumble into each other. I'm confident that you can come up with an interesting scenario where all parties would be present. I look forward to the mayhemmsn-wink.gif 

• Kelborn likes this

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,041 posts
  • Chapter Name: IV Legion, XIII Legion

Thousand Sons would be my pick, all the sorcery shenanigans and maybe Daemon summoning to oppose the Imperials and Tau.

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,867 posts
I decided to go with a former Word Bearer, now Black Legion warband based on ancient Sith like Naga Sadow, Ajunta Pall, etc.

Rituals, summonings, alchemy, all The nasty stuff. ;)

Name: Disciples of The Warp
  • Reyner, Brother Lunkhead and Lord Thørn like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Liber Surgery, Liber, Q&A

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)