Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= The Liber Surgery =][=

The Liber Surgery Liber Q&A

• Please log in to reply
1978 replies to this topic

Bishoujo

Bishoujo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 166 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Scarlet Crusade

Would secutarii (or some similar category of skitarii) be realistic as Knight House infantry, if the house was bonded to the Mechanicum?

Both the Mechanicum and the Knight Houses are groups that seem to operate on a system of vows, favors and promises, rather than a standardized chain of command that you'd see elsewhere in the Imperium.

I don't think it would be particularly weird for a Knight House and a Forgeworld to have close ties, with the Forgeworld deploying a number of Skitarii troops to serve as a Knight House's infantry support, in return for a Knight House's honor-bound pledge to support that Forgeworld.

A smaller Forgeworld wouldn't necessarily have a particularly massive Titan Legion stationed there, so having the support of a nearby Knight House would make a lot of sense for them.

I'm no expert, but I think you can definitely make your idea work and (in my opinion) it should fit into the universe just fine.

EDIT: Stupid Typos...

Edited by Bishoujo, 11 May 2018 - 01:17 PM.

• Qkhitai likes this

gallery_62972_14467_40478.png

Qkhitai

Qkhitai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 90 posts
  • Faction: Dark Mechanicus

Would secutarii (or some similar category of skitarii) be realistic as Knight House infantry, if the house was bonded to the Mechanicum?

Both the Mechanicum and the Knight Houses are groups that seem to operate on a system of vows, favors and promises, rather than a standardized chain of command that you'd see elsewhere in the Imperium.

I don't think it would be particularly weird for a Knight House and a Forgeworld to have close ties, with the Forgeworld deploying a number of Skitarii troops to serve as a Knight House's infantry support, in return for a Knight House's honor-bound pledge to support that Forgeworld.

A smaller Forgeworld wouldn't necessarily have a particularly massive Titan Legion stationed there, so having the support of a nearby Knight House would make a lot of sense for them.

I'm no expert, but I think you can definitely make your idea work and (in my opinion) it should fit into the universe just fine.

EDIT: Stupid Typos...

Thanks! happy.png I think that's a nice way forward. I brushed up a bit on some fluff and I like the idea of a 'thrall-house' that's indentured to a small Mechanicum forge world. That way I can have skitarii from the forge world along side some knights, instead of having them being subservient or men-at-arms.

• Bishoujo likes this

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 401 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons
So, I’ve had an idea based on something that came up here, about thousand sons that weren’t on prospero when it burned and were still loyal to the Imperium, about a group that became an ultramarine successor in all but geneline after the heresy.

Can geneseed be hybridized? Could you mix two geneseeds to make a single source of generic material?

Is it possible to mix ultramarines and thousand sons, or would the hypotheicical chapter I envision end up split between UM and 1k Son genelines, and the 1ksons line dying out eventually?

I don’t know if I’ll end up doing anything with this idea but it seemed like a mildly fun one.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel.

Join the Necrons for ETL VI! We're recruiting, check your warp-stuff and your flesh at the door; Crypteks will be standing by to ensure you do! biggrin.png

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts

gallery_77459_13226_2824.pngDawn Blades Iron Guantletgallery_4664_12529_16642.jpg

Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 1/5/1

Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0

Felix Antipodes

Felix Antipodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 460 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Might
If you do proceed with this idea, you may want to come up with a reason why they weren't affected by the rubric of Ahriman when it was enacted.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Liber Surgery, Liber, Q&A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users