No time like the present Slave! I'll give you bonus points for Slaaneshi colours schemes, and don't forget when you complete Big Guns and earn your ranks I made special Chaos versions of the Regiments of the B&C rank ribbons and bars :D

Did you make ones for us of a different Millennium tongue.png

No, you'd use the Imperial one because you're Imperial tongue.png

Good to see your entry Sviar, we've got a fantastic range of models. If we got a Sentinel and Hellhound variant in I'd be very happy as that'd cover all vehicle types I reckon!

I, Pigshead, disturbingly confused, distracted and generally beset on all sides by forces aiming to prevent me from carrying out the Emperors Will, pledge the following: A fully magnetized, interchangable, Counts as Pask, squat commanded Leman Russ of varying types depending on my levels of drunk.

Here he is in black, and I mean by black that ran out, and I'm drunk, and I'll get some more tomorrow....

http://i.imgur.com/gNvbXM4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9T6ic7N.jpg

I wanted to pledge my Armageddon basilisk for this event but we have single digit temps forecast for the next few weeks and won't be able to prime not airbrush till the weather breaks.

I have 2 partially painted manticores that have been sitting idle in the motor pool for the last 2 years that could do with some loving.

Might they serve the emperor in their painted glory mr commissar???

:)

Well Commissars, you must be pleased with all this armour!
This is a fine start for big guns, a real nice variety will be on display.

Here he is in black, and I mean by black that ran out, and I'm drunk, and I'll get some more tomorrow....

Hmmm did you mean you would get more black paint tomorrow, or more drunk tomorrow? tongue.png or maybe both!
Good luck to everyone vowing, may your brushes be nimble and quick.

I wanted to pledge my Armageddon basilisk for this event but we have single digit temps forecast for the next few weeks and won't be able to prime not airbrush till the weather breaks.

I have 2 partially painted manticores that have been sitting idle in the motor pool for the last 2 years that could do with some loving.

Might they serve the emperor in their painted glory mr commissar???

smile.png

We'll need to see a picture before any judgement can be made! I'd like to see a Bassie painted up though...

Meh, I am keen. Haven't painted a tank in ages...

Before images etc coming soon but I imagine I will be painting a Russ. Although I would be lying if I said you Hell Hound comment earlier didn't push me in that direction.

Yes, a Hellhound would be very nice but the important thing is you vow in the first place (and then complete!) msn-wink.gif

Well Commissars, you must be pleased with all this armour!

The commissariat is most pleased so far thumbsup.gif

Zac, is that the same tank?

The Commissariat comes to the fore with the first of the really big guns.... we take our duty seriously smile.png

I Commissar Elmo of the 711th CCAB hereby vow to complete a fully magnetised Baneblade (multi-variant) by the 14th of Feb for the glory of The Emperor.

gallery_62353_10168_445960.gif

+++Take warning heretics and weep for The Emperors mighty hammer will fall and obliterate you

whilst loyal Guardsmen stand strong in the shadow of His light.+++

Where's that Leviathan that transforms into a Reaver? Disappointed.

Sooo many tanks!!!

Time for one more.

The Cadian 82nd Special Operations Group vow to complete 1 Hell Hound for the Glory of the Emperor. And burning flithy xenos. Mainly for the burning if I'm completely honest.

Hound front

And if I have the time I'll complete the alternative weapons I've made allowances for on account of magnets. So WF might get his hell hound variant we wished for.

Loving the colour scheme. Reminds me of WW1/2 naval schemes.
Thanks for the positive vibes. That's exactly were the inspiration came from.

I, Grotsmasha, of The Desert Rats,do hereby vow to complete one Sentinal from Codex: Astra Militarum for the Regiments of the B&C: Big Guns Never Tire by February 14th for the honour of the Baulkney 71st Regiment.

Starting Image

gallery_48988_6285_613740.jpg

Finished Image

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG1166_zps57e3f30a.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG1162_zps0614ce91.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG1165_zps55bce653.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG1164_zps37bdadbc.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG1163_zps8a4b1756.jpg

"The Hot Box" Sentinel Corps

B71-L-422 is relatively new to the Baulkney 71st, having only served in a total of two campaigns. Despite the attentions of the Regiments best Tech-Adepts, the Plasma Cannon on B71-L-422 consistently operates at a higher than optimal temperature, causing the armoured shell to act as a sauna during combat operations. This in turn has led to the Sentinel pilots naming the Sentinel, The Hot Box.

Due to the very undesirable conditions within The Hot Box, pilot’s of the 71st draw straws at the beginning of each engagement, the recipient of the shortest draw consigned to The Hot Box. It is not uncommon for the unlucky pilot to strip down to their underwear, or less, for their duration within The Hot Box.

The Baulkney 71st, The Desert Rats

The Desert Rats are an elite reconnaissance unit and hail from a large equatorial island on the third moon of Baulkney Prime. The vast island has only the one settlement, the training fortress of the 71st. Although the troopers of the Desert Rats are conscripted from all of the continents upon the planet, every man and woman will spend 2 years of extensive training in the harsh desert climate. They are trained to be experts in all aspects of desert warfare. They are taught how to survive the heat of the days, and the chill of the night. They are taught to track in the drifting sand of the dunes, they're taught how to conceal themselves in the open expanse of the desert.

Due to the islands remote locale, The Desert Rats have adopted a unique method for combat training within the regiment. In ages past, an Ork Rock crashed into the moon, leaving very few survivors. Upon the Orks discovery, it was observed that none of the xenos' Meks had survived, and the mob had reverted to a feral state. It is against these Orks that the Desert Rats perfect all facets disruptive warfare including aerial assaults, dawn raids, night-fighting, sabotage and infiltration.

Above all else, The Desert Rats are expert marksmen, with a regimental preference for over-charged, long-las rifles. As such, their preferred method of engagement is to attack from concealment as snipers en masse, leaving the enemy surprised and off-guard which allows the regiments lite Sentinals to move forward unmolested. The Desert Rats are a completely infantry based regiment. Although they maintain several Valkyries to assist in rapid redeployment should it be necessary, their heaviest support comes from their Sentinal Corps. The Sentinals of the Desert Rats are made from a lighter material than standard STC Sentenals, leaving them more susseptable to damage, the payout, however, is a significant manoeuvrability upgrade, greatly increasing their range and response times.

Cheers, Jono

Archived